Vanishing Emails

Right, I'm feeling well and truly out of my depth in this section, so I'll make it brief. The other day, I heard the 'chime' of an email arrive. However, there was nothing waiting for me in the inbox; I've checked in all the obvious places (deleted messages, junk etc.) but to no avail. The fella that sent the email (I was waiting on it) said he sent it around the time I heard it come through. My questions are: where did the email go to, is it retrievable and why did it not register in my inbox? This isn't the first time it's happened. Cheers.

hunnymonster said:
What client is it?
Can you turn on logging?
Can you tell it to leave the message on the server?
Can you try a different client?

1) Business client?...if that's what you mean.
2) How do I turn on logging...I know nothing of these things
3)Tell my computer? :oops:
4) 'Different client'?...is this something to do with OS my PC is running?

Sorry HM, you've well and truly lost me. Thanks for the suggestions anyway.

All internet service providers offer some sort of "web mail", i.e. you should be able to access your Outlook or Outlook Express emails from your ISP's lovely lovely homepage. Often a beeyatch to find though. Scrabble around your ISP's homepage, login using the log in details your ISP supplied when you signed up with them (ages ago, so you've prolly lost em), and then look in the web mail option... any joy?

cheese_dave said:
All internet service providers offer some sort of "web mail", i.e. you should be able to access your Outlook or Outlook Express emails from your ISP's lovely lovely homepage. Often a beeyatch to find though. Scrabble around your ISP's homepage, login using the log in details your ISP supplied when you signed up with them (ages ago, so you've prolly lost em), and then look in the web mail option... any joy?

Thanks, Dave. Will try that later (emphasis on the 'try').

I have seen it happen where the person sending the mail has incorrect time and date set on their machine.When the mail arrives at yours it looks like it was sent in the past and goes to the bottom of your mail list, so check back through old messages.Assuming that your mail is sorted by time and date.

Back
Top Bottom