'Unique Style' Safety Razor

Along with the Tech Traveller, I've also purchased one of these:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320431627473&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_1481wt_1165">http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 481wt_1165</a><!-- m -->

for a whopping 99p! (With a fiver's postage....)

Given it comes with a pack of WS blades too, it seems like an absolute bargain :mrgreen: which potentially means it's going to be for decorative uses only :?

Looks great!

Let me know how long you're in A&E for . . . then isolation ward in ICU (some of those tropical infections are still uncategorised by Western medicine).

Six to eight week would be my guess; shorter, obviously, if you, er, "don't make it"

Good luck!

Hahah - the joke is, I'm sure most electric razors are now made in China, I wonder if anyone considers that prior to shoving Phillishave through stubble....

A good bleach upon arrival will be fine! If it ever even turns up I'll post some pictures ;)

hunnymonster said:
neocaligatio said:
hunnymonster said:
I briefly considered this. Then I decided it was too new for me :D

Ewww... comes with laser blades. They're 49p in Wilkos and are the worst blades I've ever used.

The Lasers in Wilkinsons are made in France... these are Laser Ultra... made in India "no China fakes!!!!!"

I'm shuddering with the idea that the Chinese would knock out a 'fake' version of already inferior products! Kind of like having a copy Timex instead of a copy Rolex :lol:

The razor arrived today!

I'll get round to putting a few pictures up later in the week, but first impressions are not good - the picture was clearly nicked off the Parker website, needless to say what I received was not even close!

The whole lot is Indian rather than Chinese, including the Indian WS blades, which are marked as "Wilkinson Sword, a Gillette Company" :? I put a blade in to see how the mechanism works.... I had to give it two attempts as the blade actually caught in the doors of the razor and nearly snapped the blade :oops:

Will 'sanitise' and give it a go later in the week maybe... :mrgreen:

unfortunatly you gets what you pay for with these things..

but its not going to break the bank, perhaps you can have it as a display piece or ermm a paperweight :) I would be wary of putting it against my chops although in reality I will try anything once.

The wife gave it a look and advised me not to even try it... on closer inspection the blade gap and angle is almost dangerous on one side!

4037778708_0c006db38f_b.jpg

4037779446_392739f6e6_b.jpg

4037780456_73b9cdb6e0_b.jpg

I wrote a strongly-worded email to the seller, pointing out that his picture was misleading (the pic was a parker) and the comment of "the razor will be the same but the handle design may differ" was ultimately a lie. That coupled with the fact that the quality of manufacture is almost a health hazard prompted him to give me a full refund inc p&p!

So all in, I walked away with a 5 pack of Indian Wilkinson Sword blades and a decorative paperweight!

Back
Top Bottom