UK artisan soap makers?

I'm wanting to look away from the big brands and support smaller businesses and to that end I'm looking for recommendations of UK small soap/cream makers please. I mostly use soaps but would like to try some creams as well. I've been disappointed with some of the expensive big names and, while in the US there are dozens of makers, I figured there must be a few over here. Ability to get small/sample/sizes a bonus so I don't have to buy full size packs to try things out.

Wickham's, Phoenix and Beau (P&B) and Nanny's Silly Soaps (which includes the Signature range) are the ones in my cupboard. A lot of the Nanny's are listed as out of stock at the moment. All sell direct, and Connaught have some Wickham's, as does AgentShave, who also stocks P&B.

Nanny's used to do samples, but I'm not sure about the others. You could always try asking them direct.

Wickham's, Phoenix and Beau (P&B) and Nanny's Silly Soaps (which includes the Signature range) are the ones in my cupboard. A lot of the Nanny's are listed as out of stock at the moment. All sell direct, and Connaught have some Wickham's, as does AgentShave, who also stocks P&B.

Nanny's used to do samples, but I'm not sure about the others. You could always try asking them direct.
I mean Brian' s company https://signaturesoaps.co.uk/

Going to throw in London Oatcake too..I quite like their soaps.

The Gentlemans Face care Club also sells good creams on their Amazon. There have been a few occasions in the past where they have ran promos via facebook (e.g. buy a certain cream and get 1 (or two) free).

Yes indeed , I have not tried the Nanny's signature as I think that has Tallow, but the ones Brian makes are up there with the best in my opinion.
I think Nanny's "Traditional" range has tallow, but the Signature soaps ingredients list glycerine and shea butter inter alia. It's a bit worrying that so many are out of stock, but, then again, the ranges overall do contain a lot of different soaps, and I guess it's quite a thing for a small enterprise to juggle production against stock against turnover.

The "other" Signature has certainly piqued my interest, which is very timely, as I'm close to finishing off a tub of OSP Bay Rum.

The Gentleman's Groom Room in Dundee do their own line of soap - I find it excellent - have a look here -

for a description of them - interesting and unusual scents that you won't find anywhere else - vegan judging by the ingredients list - if that is important to you. I don't know about samples - but the owner Ian - is a member here - you could ask him directly - @Ian T - cheers - I.

Thank you all very much, Great to know we have so many options after all. I'll be making some enquiries and purchases shortLy.
If you were interested in Nanny's (NSS), I'm selling a couple on ebay. One completely unused and the other used once. I've split them with other soaps, one of which comes with an Oatcake soap which has also been mentioned on here.

Back
Top Bottom