Two or three nice balms

Suddenly realised this morning that I have nearly run out of balms...plenty of splashes but no balms. Not helped that a tube of Simpson's (one of my favourites as it happens) smelt like really bad wet dog so now I know, some balms do go off!

So what you got? Looking for two or three, ideally something I haven't tried before. Open to any kind of scents (though not very keen on wet dog it turns out) and not too greasy.

Superdrug B.Men is a good one that is often on offer.
I quite like the Stirling aftershave balms too.
Floid aftershave also deserves a mention from my own experience too.

If you can find it Champneys For Men Esentials post shave balm is pretty good and has a pleasant scent. That said I haven't seen it recently, but that could be because its included in the Seasonal gift sets.

Clarins do a good one as do Rituals

Nivea post shave balm for sensitive skin is quite good. However, for something that you can 'personalize' you might want to buy an unscented lotion and then add a few drops of your favorite essential oil(s) . Or just use it unscented.

Micheal

Barts Aftershave LOTION it is a oil based lotion (i think) but a little goes a long way, it leaves a very soft and rejuvenated skin, I mostly shave at night and by bedtime it has soaked in. I have plenty balms...but barts is more or less my go to, still have other Barts products but for now the Lotion is No:1
Have a look on the website for better info.

Suddenly realised this morning that I have nearly run out of balms...plenty of splashes but no balms. Not helped that a tube of Simpson's (one of my favourites as it happens) smelt like really bad wet dog so now I know, some balms do go off!

So what you got? Looking for two or three, ideally something I haven't tried before. Open to any kind of scents (though not very keen on wet dog it turns out) and not too greasy.

I have fairly sensitive skin and find many balms too oily or greasy.

One that I have used for many years which is water based and has only natural ingredients is Korres Ginseng and Marigold ASB. Absorbs very quickly and calms down any razor burn (best applied straight after shaving on damp skin). It is excellent value and 200ml will easily last you 6 months.

It is not scented, but that gives you an excuse to buy a splash or two!

Back
Top Bottom