Twig SE

... as opposed to yet another double edge razor? Or do you mean (sadly) not an injector or Artist Club razor?

Or yet another half a double edge razor. Or indeed sadly not an injector or AC.

If this new razor was an AC it would certainly catch more of my attention. It does look beautiful and the loading system looks very nice. Compared to say the slice your finger ends off Enoch.

Thankfully, then ... not yet another Artist Club/Injector razor (yawn). I know I've wondered what the point of a half DE razor is when the blade itself is perfectly good when used as designed in a double edge razor, but then you'd wonder why single edge at all when razors can be made double edged.

I rather like the format, though ...

Laughing out loud at the notion of spending "that kind of money" on a razor, I will no doubt never own one because I guess the cost will be "that kind of money",

Last edited:
Apparently, they've considered and then rejected the idea of the Injector Twig:

"We considered using injector blades but settled on keeping it like it is. One of the main reasons is we wanted folks to be able to find blades anywhere that work with the Twig. Allowing people to use any DE blade they'd like is important to us, so we kept it that way. "

I guess I am from a different field of thought and don't ever see me buying a DE again since going single edge.

I hear you ... and agree. I landed on the 1912 after maybe a few months of traditional shaving and that was that ... I didn't shave with a DE again for a good few years. About six months ago, I started using a DE again. I rather like the half blade format, even putting a half blade into one side of a full DE.

I don't much like Artist Club blades and really don't like injector blades, so these half DE razors give me a minor distraction now that I have collected literally all the GEM/ER catalogue probably three or four times over. These half DE razors are indeed that: a minor distraction and a solution to a problem that simply does not exist.

I guess I am from a different field of thought and don't ever see me buying a DE again since going single edge.
I think i am with you there Chris,
No More DE's for me - The Rex and Karve sorted that out.
I am also just about sorted in all other areas of my collection.
Straight Edge shaving is raising its head again though. Will there ever be light at the end of the tunnel.

Will there ever be light at the end of the tunnel.

Not really.

I just don't understand these pseudo single edges at all. They don't solve anything and only serve to unnecessarily complicate the well proven DE format. Work your way through the minefield of blades, choose your favourite then snap it in half. Why?

It is like buying a car and removing two wheels because you prefer motorbikes.

Straight Edge shaving is raising its head again though.

Also going through a revisitation here with a straight and a shavette and rather enjoying the ride.

Until they realise they need to think AC blades I think I'll give the Twig a miss.

Back
Top Bottom