Travel/wash Kits

Boab

Administrator
Staff Member
LeJog 2022 Finisher
I procured a nice travel/wash roll recently and thought I would share some pics with you (forgive the quality I am in work)
While I am on the subject it would be nice to see what you guys use and keep in yours.

Roll filled and ready for travel, incidentally this is where I tend to keep as much of my shaving stuff as possible.

tk1.jpg

Unrolled with a couple of accessories out for scale reference.

tk2.jpg

As you can see the roll has a zip mesh section at the top, currently housing :
3 10ml decant club A/S samples
1 Alum block (thanks Audio)
1 styptic pencil
1 L'Occitane travel brush (shown extended)
1 shave stick in chrome tube

The two pouches currently contain:
Polo EDT
Liz Earle sensitive shave cream
Liz Earle A/S moisturiser
Molton Brown skin defence
Boots roll on Deo stick

Zip bag at the bottom contains:

Proraso 150ml cream
TOBS 75ml Almond cream
Limes skin food sample
couple of hotel shampoo bottles
Spare blades
plus space for quite a bit more if needed.
The zip bag also has a mesh pouch on front which takes my tooth brush,split down tech razor and some nail clippers.
Exterior of the bag is very supple leather with a detachable canvas lining.The zip bag at the bottom is also detachable and doubles as a small wash bag
It hangs from a hook at the top and I love it!!
Hopefully you can see the quality of the leather/canvas/brass work

tk3.jpg

I was originally looking to buy one for my best man, of course I had to order two just incase one was damaged in transit.. ahem
Purchased from here with a 10 or 20 % discount can't remember now but was worth every penny.A real quality item which should last many years.
http://gifts.redenvelope.com/travel...p=rfhot&reviews=32&ratings=4.5625&catid=rfhot

Wow, that is very nice indeed. I would buy one for myself if I actually left the county (never mind country) more than a handful of times each year. Wouldn't it make an amazing gift for someone, say as an 18th birthday present? Fill it with some goodies and they'd be set up for life!

(For some reason writing this has made me think of the travelling trunk given to George Bailey in It's a Wonderful Life.)

It's great as a storage for your kit too PC,plus with most of the stuff you need housed there its just a case of grabbing it and throw it in a bag if you happen to have the need to be away from home overnight.I know you want one :D

Did you get a friend to buy it for you, noticed they said they do not ship internationally. That is a shame because it is a really nice kit.

I use this

FuturTravelCased.jpg

It is not a hold everything case. It dolds razor, lbades and brush. the A/S and other stuff I put in my tpiletbag

My mrs is from the states so I shipped it to her parents and they brought them over for me :)
I am usually over there a couple of times a year which can be handy for such purchases.

Nice one,

I have got a few guys in work I could ask if I needed but the mrs just bought me the one above last Christmas and it is great for shorter trips, it is a really high quality brush that comes with it which is probably the most expensive part. The one you posted is a good "hold everything" and I may invest on one later, especially if it can take the lot.

That would be very kind of you boab. I do a fair bit of travelling for work and leisure so a genuide "hold all" for my shaving and grooming stuff would be a nice thing to own.

I have bokmerked it and if someone from there is coming ober I will get them to order me one but just now the word "travel" is a bad word in my company.

I must admit I love it, ready to grab at anytime and I know I won't get caught short if I am away from home overnight.

Nice kit boab. It's just a pity you can't take blades on board in hand luggage anymore :cry: (I mean, how much amok and mayhem can you create with a couple of DE blades?). Unfortunately on the occasions when I'm travelling with work trips are short so it's hand luggage only, and roll out the disposables. Hols is fine because everything gets dumped in the suitcase going in the hold, mind you I take my crappest (is that a word?) razor and cheapest blades in case they go walkies en route. Clever use of the sampler bottles by the way...I tossed mine out..must remember to keep them next time. Or maybe Paul would take them back for refills?

Back
Top Bottom