Trac 2 G2 blades

Does anyone know if a High St retailer that sells a decent Trac 2 style blade?

I have a Merkur teardrop handle that takes these slide on twin blades (none tilting style things I believe)

Just thought I may like to give it a whirl....

Cheers in advance..

Saw them on eBay, but I am a bit impatient! Thought someone on here mentioned Semi Chem or Savers doing them, but can't see thread.........

Not to worry, will give eBay a look..

Quick look around Superdrug and Boots today, found some blades with lube strips. £2.55-£3.10 for ten. Think they will fit........

Does that make them a little more pleasant? I seem to remember they disintegrate pretty quickly right enough.

Just home and they definitely fit (the Boots ones were marked up as G2 compatible)

A quick read of the packaging shows the Boots (Green and Black packaging, with Green lube strip) are made in Israel, I suspect they may be Personna blades...

The Superdrug (Blue and Yellow packaging, White lube strip) are made in South Korea, I hope they are not, but assume they are, Dorco blades.

Well, not used a cartridge razor for two years, since I discovered you lovely people, and a Merkur 38 (Oh how my bank balance has suffered) but it may be time to give it another go.

:)

No,

The Merkur handle I have is Silver plated and has a teardrop handle. It just takes slide on blades.

Strange as it sounds, two years ago I was a little scared, about to try a DE for the first time.

Now I am definitely nervous about to try a two bladed cartridge! :icon_surprised:

I will try a craft knife to get the strip off.

Think I will go with the Boots (Personna?) cartridge first.......

Dobbo25 said:
Have you got the Merkur handle with the accessories, so you can fit sensor blades as well?

Is it this one Cyril?

97093EBD-13BC-4F9C-8089-BB97A06CD315_zpscbt3u4lc.jpg
[/URL][/img]

Yep, but mine is shiny.....

Hope I like it, I sometimes pop away for one or two nights with work.

May hunt out a spare for those odd occasions...

Are they easily found/expensive??

Back
Top Bottom