To have or to have not an Itchy chin.

Ok I am just going to put it out there in the knowledge that I could simply be insane and the men with the nice white coats that do up at the back are looking for me. mwaahhahhahaaa o_O;)

I have been testing a lot of different Blades the last few months and I am sure some make my face itchy from slight rubbing to all out itching powder lol
and others give me no itching at all. :unsure:
My question is, does anyone else experience this? or is it simply me slowly going out of my mind?

Ok I am just going to put it out there in the knowledge that I could simply be insane and the men with the nice white coats that do up at the back are looking for me. mwaahhahhahaaa o_O;)

I have been testing a lot of different Blades the last few months and I am sure some make my face itchy from slight rubbing to all out itching powder lol
and others give me no itching at all. :unsure:
My question is, does anyone else experience this? or is it simply me slowly going out of my mind?
You could be having a reaction to one of the coatings that gets put on modern razor blades, you need to keep a diary and every shave jot. down the blade used and if there was any reaction.
It could also be a reaction to one of your soaps, so a little detective work is needed and with luck ,in time you will find out.
Or you could just be barking mad!!!! :)

Paul.

No I have given it some thought and can't be the soap because I wash in the mornings and my face is rinsed off after shaving.
I think perhaps my post was misunderstood and I should have made it clearer lol my bad.
What I mean is my chin itches as my stubble regrows back over the next day or two sometimes and not after shaving.

No I have given it some thought and can't be the soap because I wash in the mornings and my face is rinsed off after shaving.
I think perhaps my post was misunderstood and I should have made it clearer lol my bad.
What I mean is my chin itches as my stubble regrows back over the next day or two sometimes and not after shaving.
Ah, well my chin can get itchy when the stubble starts growing back through so nothing much to worry about, shaving the stubble off sorts it out! :)

Paul.

Yes.

I've formed an opinion that platinum blades give me shaves that I best describe as irritable immediately afterwards. While the shave itself might be keen and smooth, my skin feels irritated afterwards. Indeed, a bit like having patted a little chilli powder on.

I've accumulated this thought over the last year (having returned to DE shaving from some years single edge only) while trying out blades. I was curious about that conclusion when I noted that my two favourite blades are also platinum - the Treet Platinum and the Rapira Platinum Lux. I then find out that not all platinum blades are in fact platinum, or it's in such a small proportion that it does show on the spectrum analyser (if that's the right term). The Treet is certainly not platinum, but the Rapira is. I guess Treet were using the word in its literary sense and I guess the Rapira is the exception that proves the rule.

I don't seem to get such a reaction from straight stainless blades.

If you've taken a note of itchy and not itchy, crosscheck the blade designation.

Back
Top Bottom