Time Saving - Or Not ?

mpf9ret

Supporter
Supporter
Have been converted to DE & SE shaving, and thoroughly enjoying the experience.Decided to retry the Cartridge experience, using Feather Neo F11.

Lathered up with a Cream, managed to get a very close shave with a lot of effort. Though i did not time it, it seemed to take longer than my Shave with a Gem Push Button which yielded a similar shave. I do have a pretty strong growth.

I wonder after all, whether Cartridge Shaving is the Time Saver it is supposed to be, especially for those with a strong beard growth. A downside for me, is that my face now seems sore.

Since being coerced...no, FORCED, by you buggers into taking up DE shaving (and them smothering my mush with expensive smellies) I have never, ever, spent so much time in the bathroom. It takes absolutely ages by the time I've soaked this and softened that and rinsed and brushed and scraped and rinsed again with hot, cold, warm water, cleaned and dried the razor and the brush, wiped all the mess up that I made, put everything straight before descending to the lower floor to explain myself, and then there's the multitude of this or that balm, oil, pre-shave, after-shave, witch-hazels, essential oils, alums, EDT..etc. etc. etc. And if we started to re-visit the question of how much cheaper DE shaving is compared to cart. ...well, let's not even THINK about that! PLUS TWO new cabinets..one for the shaving stuff and another now required for the smellies...PLUS a new computer chair due to the time spent being talked into this or that on the PC by you fellas....PLUS countless other bits and bobs that cropped up along the way by way of distractions....

(quite enjoying it,though)

I'm only slower with straights. I can 1-, 2- or 3-pass with an SE, DE or injector in the same amount of time. I take longer if I want to with prep but that would be the same with any type of razor.

With cartridge i never used soap just small amout of shower gel whilst in the shower, a shave took less than the time it takes to get all the DE stuff out of the cabinet

My "razor use" time with a cartridge is nearly half that with a DE/SE. I can get a BBS shave with my Mach3 with 2 passes and some touch up. With a DE/SE it takes me 3 passes and a lot more touch up; matter of fact I end up using my Mach3 for touch up when I use a DE/SE. Also, each pass with a DE/SE takes longer than with the Mach3 in order to avoid nicks and wheepers.

On a like for like basis (prep and number of passes) perhaps marginally quicker with a cart. Not a lot in it. Before I tried DE, shaving with a cart was a lot quicker but that's because I used canned foam and 1 WTG pass and was a LOT less fussy about my shaves!

For me, de shaving is much quicker. This is because I shave once a week and most of my time with cartridges is spent unclogging the 7 day stubble from the blades.

Never did a 3 pass shave with a cartridge so can't compare to a DE, I can however do a 3 pass shave with a DE in 4 min including the loading / lathering if face lathering. A word of warning this is with a mild razor and not the r41.

Back
Top Bottom