Thoughts on these vintage Dovos?

Hey Gents,

Recently purchased 2 vintage Dovo straights from eBay. Was wondering what you thought about them. They're both Fritz Bracht marked which seems to be a promising sign. But I've yet to try shaving with them. Was wondering if any of you have tried using a similar FB Dovo razor and what you thought of it? Also please feel free to post
pictures of your most recent purchases.

Best regards,

Yamato

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpgb1.jpgb2.jpgb3.jpg

Hi @Yamato and welcome to the forum :D I'm afraid i can't offer much of an opinion on those razors as i'm not familiar with them at all, but they both look reasonable, the bottom one looks to be the nicer of the two. Have you had them honed yet?

As above, get them honed and rub them on your face. It's a learning experience. :p :) .
And very satisfying, once you have sussed it out.

Nah mate they are shite, the 1st one is a fake dovo, its actually a dove and someones etched the e into an O and the scales at the pin end are cracked.
The 2nd one is badly honed and just needs to be binned.

I will do you a small favor i will pm you my address send them to me and i will safely dispose of them.

Colin

Nah mate they are shite, the 1st one is a fake dovo, its actually a dove and someones etched the e into an O and the scales at the pin end are cracked.
The 2nd one is badly honed and just needs to be binned.

I will do you a small favor i will pm you my address send them to me and i will safely dispose of them.

Colin

Ooh controversial. Not sure if you are arseing about but I have a bridge on offer. (y) :)

Hi @Yamato and welcome to the forum :D I'm afraid i can't offer much of an opinion on those razors as i'm not familiar with them at all, but they both look reasonable, the bottom one looks to be the nicer of the two. Have you had them honed yet?

I received the faux tortoise shell one today and the white one is definitely the nicer of the two indeed. Haven't honed either of them yet (don't think I trust myself on a whetstone after my last attempt :ROFLMAO:). The white one is reasonably sharp but the turtle is rather dull and has a bit of a smile at the end which is concerning.

I like the way Dovo is stamped on tang, not just etched or painted or whatever costsaving technique Dovo is using today.

I'm glad about that as well, I've heard that todays Dovos don't hold a candle to the vintage ones. That being said both of these razors are in desperate need of honing.

Mah bud , that second one has beed so badly honed at some time in its life, its only good enough now to be used as a butter knife:ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::sneaky:.
He needs to send them to me for safe disposal(y)(y).
What about the second one makes you think it's been badly honed? The first one upon closer inspection definitely seems to have been honed poorly. But I didn't get that same impression from the second one. That being said I'm no expert on these matters.

Back
Top Bottom