The SOC limited edition is here

We almost have the SOC limited edition and you can pre order in the vintagescent now:
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://vintagescent.com/shaving-brus...tion-2009-p-75" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://vintagescent.com/shaving-brus...tion-2009-p-75</a><!-- m -->
Since we have moved the SOC group from here and many dont have a facebook account we have decided that the limited edition would be available for all of those who can get it (basically the first one to order would have it,and theres only 100).The official sale would start this coming 10th of december but,as I have said before,you can pre order it at the vintage scent online store.
Matt (Truckman) and myself have been testing the brush and all that we can say is:this is the silvertip of boars!Works so good with creams,shaving sticks, bowl lathering and facelathering that we are truly impressed about it.Great backbone but the tips are soft like a silvertip brush.Once again Mr Gomes have accomplished an OUTSTANDING job making this limited edition brush.I would like to express my gratitude to Mr Gomes,Semogue, and my friends Bruno(Leon) and his vintagescent store, and Matt(Truckman) for making this possible.I hope that you would be able to enjoy this wonderful brush.
Greetings to all!

I cracked!

Having taken no interest in this, I was purring away with my 1305 this morning and thought what a brilliant little brush it is! It seems to get better the more I use it.So as I'd got rid of my 2000, I have a vacancy. I've just filled it by placing an order for this limited edition - worked out at £30 inc. postage. A lot more than either the 1305 and 2000 - so it should be good. A review will follow.

Hmmm, that's a Coates cream, Proraso soap, C&T sienna, Sandalwoody, and now brush these past few days. Must slow down. But then I don't drink, smoke or go out in the evenings much.......

I also ordered one of these.

To be honest I have never given boar a fair go. I bought one boar brush when I started out, mostly because they were cheaper, but I found my EJ BBB far easier to use so I wrote the boar off. I now realise it probably was never broken in properly, I used it about half a dozen times which I now know is not enough.

A few years later and I have a bit more experience with what a good brush is so I decided I am going to give boar another go to see how it is when broken in.

I have to confess that at one point I came close to giving up on my Semogue 1305 because of the pure luxury of badgers. But then I found the 1305 softened more with use. Now I really enjoy using it for both soaps and creams. It is firm enough to get the soap/cream into the brush, then using the tips for face lathering it is comfortable and highly effective. The Semogue track record makes this special edition worth a punt.

Honestly gents, this is gonna be a great boar brush,you wont be dissapointed at all.When we have named it the "silvertip of boars" we knew what we had in our hands.
Greetings to all

For what I know Mr Gomes is using a new varnish which performs much better than the old one.The limited edition is gonna have this new varnish as well as all the models with time.

Back
Top Bottom