The power of scents

I'm rather boring when it comes to EdC/EdT and tend to use the same 2-3 80% of the time (mostly Tabac...).

This morning though I decided to mix it up a bit with a completely different A/S followed by some 4711 around my neck. When walking away from the bathroom I will willingly admit I felt a different 'spring' in my steps. I felt a bit more energized. Nothing bad about Tabac EdC but it is a very deep/heavy scent and maybe just stepping away from it and into something a bit more light and summerlike had a greater impact than I thought it would.

Anyone else noticed that their mood/energy levels sometimes can be traced back to, at least in part, to the scent(s) they applied during the morning?

asian-girl-bang-bang-gif.gif

Oh yes absolutely. AS & EDT has a very uplifting effect on mood & sense of well being. I've just ordered some Arlington soap, never used it before but I like the sound of a classic ferny citrus scent, perfect for the summer. I'll probably buy more products from that range if I do enjoy it.

Vetiver I find calming, the EO is actually used in several homeopathic tinctures for this purpose too.

Grapefruit and orange are quite uplifting. For example TOBS grapefruit or Mike's orange + black pepper.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I find there is a correlation between fragrance and mood. I tend to pick a fragrance dependant on how I am feeling rather than let the fragrance set the tone. If I'm a bit stressed, I'll wear some calming lavender. If I need some energy, I'll go for something more citrusy.

I find there is a correlation between fragrance and mood. I tend to pick a fragrance dependant on how I am feeling rather than let the fragrance set the tone. If I'm a bit stressed, I'll wear some calming lavender. If I need some energy, I'll go for something more citrusy.

Exactly the same here, I also agree with the citrus though for me replace lavender with a warm vanilla or coconut scent.

I'd love to see what you could do with a coconut scent!
@Gordy I take it you mean in a shave soap?

I have been beavering away with this quietly the past few months, and you will find out soon enough. I am currently on my 36th coconut formula, and this one is smelling very good. I just need to test it next to see how it behaves in the soap before I am totally satisfied with it. But it's looking very promising so far. :)

@Gordy I take it you mean in a shave soap?

I have been beavering away with this quietly the past few months, and you will find out soon enough. I am currently on my 36th coconut formula, and this one is smelling very good. I just need to test it next to see how it behaves in the soap before I am totally satisfied with it. But it's looking very promising so far. :)

Yeah, I'd love the combination of Super Smooth and coconut, I know it would be something special.

Reactions: Fox
Yeah, I'd love the combination of Super Smooth and coconut, I know it would be something special.
The problem is that coconut scents tend to turn the soap brown over time. I do like a coconut scented soap but have yet to find a good one to use. I will keep searching though.

The problem is that coconut scents tend to turn the soap brown over time. I do like a coconut scented soap but have yet to find a good one to use. I will keep searching though.

I wouldn't care if it was luminous pink!
Now, if I could only just get a violet soap too.............[emoji51]

I used my tobs sandalwood this morning and thought I would pair it with a spot of Benetton colours. Worked very nicely. Never liked the Benetton before but for some reason I really liked this combo.

Wore Lacoste Red yesterday and my female manager bought me a coffee.
Used Bluebeards Revenge today and no coffee.

Conclusion - either the scent of Lacoste lifted the mood of people around me to the point of generosity - or she wanted to mask the smell of it with strong coffee scent...I like to think it's the former.

Coconut soaps make me happy as it's the smell of holiday and sun tan lotion.

Wore Lacoste Red yesterday and my female manager bought me a coffee.
Used Bluebeards Revenge today and no coffee.

Conclusion - either the scent of Lacoste lifted the mood of people around me to the point of generosity - or she wanted to mask the smell of it with strong coffee scent...I like to think it's the former.

Coconut soaps make me happy as it's the smell of holiday and sun tan lotion.
Free coffee. Win win. Lol.

Back
Top Bottom