The Future

Being a fifty year old guy, in a ten year relationship with a woman ten years younger without any children I wonder what will happen to my collections. My partner has no interest in my hobby, my brother doesn't shave, my two best friends aren't really interested. So do I leave it to the partner or brother who would just as likely dump everything or sell to a house clearer, if I left it to charity would a Gold Gillette Sensor, formerly the property of a Gillette SVP be sold for a tenner? Do I sell it off slowly to add extra lump of coal on the fire as an elderly pensioner?

Being a fifty year old guy, in a ten year relationship with a woman ten years younger without any children I wonder what will happen to my collections. My partner has no interest in my hobby, my brother doesn't shave, my two best friends aren't really interested. So do I leave it to the partner or brother who would just as likely dump everything or sell to a house clearer, if I left it to charity would a Gold Gillette Sensor, formerly the property of a Gillette SVP be sold for a tenner? Do I sell it off slowly to add extra lump of coal on the fire as an elderly pensioner?
I'm in the same boat as far as I've got no one who would be interested in my razors when I go so I would go for the latter, sell it off slowly...... But when? Unless you choose your own date of departure no one knows when they are going to die!
Leave it to late and it could all go down to the charity shop anyway! :) P.

I have a similar situation £40k in tools 6 tool boxes ranging from my break down tool box with spanners ranging from 8 mm to 36 mm the same in sockets 1/4 drive 3/8 drive and 1/2inch electrical testing equipment and impact guns and electric ratchets.
Up too a 56inch long tool box with spanners and sockets up to 177mm , 2 side lockers with diagnostic equipment to read and diagnose every petrol car and commercial vehicle out there.
Then there is my roll around box with the bare essentials.

2 kids one into game design and the other working in a bank

So to save the hassle of the wife trying to sell it all or part it out, or having my fitters fight over it its in my will for the hole lot to go to scrap for weight.......... Or if i hang in there until i retire perhaps i will deal with the hassle of parting it, but that will break my heart, as this was a lifelong investment

Must admit the whole 'this is my sons inheritance' thing makes me laugh a bit, considering how much of other peoples inheritance ends up on ebay.
Like our kids want their dads crusty old razor, and if it's worth dough a lot will just sell it.

Another one is 'Hey they sure knew how to make great razors back in then day, look how many have survived'. Yeah the broke ones are in the bin.

or ' Fantastic condition considering it's 100 years old. It's amazing'. Not if it sat in a drawer in a box for 99 years it isn't.

Sorry.

I was in the same boat being as I have a bearded son and two granddaughters (without beards).

However I have left it to a very good friend and TSR member to take care of this side of things plus the Hifi and record collection. He can take what he wants and dispose of everything else in a sensible way.

Last edited:
I have a similar situation £40k in tools 6 tool boxes ranging from my break down tool box with spanners ranging from 8 mm to 36 mm the same in sockets 1/4 drive 3/8 drive and 1/2inch electrical testing equipment and impact guns and electric ratchets.
Up too a 56inch long tool box with spanners and sockets up to 177mm , 2 side lockers with diagnostic equipment to read and diagnose every petrol car and commercial vehicle out there.
Then there is my roll around box with the bare essentials.

2 kids one into game design and the other working in a bank

So to save the hassle of the wife trying to sell it all or part it out, or having my fitters fight over it its in my will for the hole lot to go to scrap for weight.......... Or if i hang in there until i retire perhaps i will deal with the hassle of parting it, but that will break my heart, as this was a lifelong investment
Hey, wait a mo' ...did you say 'impact guns'? Electrical ratchets? ...OMFG....how I have been waiting for just those words! I want to have your children (at let me be clear that's just a euphemism 'cos I'm a man's man who wet shaves, ok!? OK???!!! )...but anyway, as a total man's man, I have one question only...wtf is an impact gun? ...oh, and is it better with a tiny splash of lime?:cool::);)

How do you think the next generation of enthusiasts are going to pickup an immaculate gold Gillette Sensor for a reasonable price ?

Same way today's enthusiasts pick up a 1950's Gillette boxed set - widow gives it all to charity shop or flogs it on ebay and it goes to a good home (after being spun a few times,perhaps)

Don't worry - let nature take its course when you are gone

How do you think the next generation of enthusiasts are going to pickup an immaculate gold Gillette Sensor for a reasonable price ?

Same way today's enthusiasts pick up a 1950's Gillette boxed set - widow gives it all to charity shop or flogs it on ebay and it goes to a good home (after being spun a few times,perhaps)

Don't worry - let nature take its course when you are gone
If you see a pyramid type tomb being erected in Surrey or Yorkshire you will know why.

Is this the Uri Geller 1980's thing that putting razor blades under a pyramid makes them sharper?
I haven't got the strength to lift up a pyramid.
I can certainly have a tomb built and have all my loot buried with me. Probably with a more modern security system.

Back
Top Bottom