The Definitive Old Spice Thread

Figured it was time to have a proper Old Spice thread to post everything and anything to do with Old Spice. I dont have a big Old Spice collection but with my telescope decanter arriving today I figured it would be better to have one big thread where we can post our Old Spice related stuff rather than making a new thread every time.

I'll start the ball rolling with my "new" telescope decanter. Absolutely fallen in love with this thing, looks so much nicer in real life, the red really pops and there is the added bonus of it being unopened. Using the Old Spice Collectables website it dates from 1973 to 1976 after that the sails on the boat look slightly different.

IMG_3115.JPG

IMG_3116.JPG

IMG_3117.JPG

IMG_3118.JPG

To open or not? :unsure:

Last edited:
Does anyone else look at http://www.oldspicecollectibles.com/ sometimes and just wish they could hop in a time machine and buy some stuff? :LOL:

I wish Old Spice still made the Lime range, I would have loved to have tried the original stuff. If my tube of lime Shulton shaving cream is anything to go by the aftershave would have been really "limey".
Does anyone else look at http://www.oldspicecollectibles.com/ sometimes and just wish they could hop in a time machine and buy some stuff? :LOL:

I wish Old Spice still made the Lime range, I would have loved to have tried the original stuff. If my tube of lime Shulton shaving cream is anything to go by the aftershave would have been really "limey".
I think the lime is still available from India

I think the lime is still available from India

Very different to the original apparently. The Indian one is just Old Spice with a hint of Lime wheres the original stuff was supposed to have been quite a different scent. I've seen original Lime on ebay but I've read that Lime scents dont age very well so very hesitant to spend >£20 for one of the old gift sets.

Not 100% sure of the year this bottle is from but going by the Old Spice Collectables site it could be from anywhere between 1963-1980 judging from the box.

IMG_3125.JPG

IMG_3126.JPG

IMG_3127.JPG

IMG_3128.JPG

IMG_3130.JPG

Hoping to keep posting some pictures every few days of my Old Spice related stuff. If anyone else has any Old Spice stuff i'd love too see it, it would be good to have this thread as an archive of all the Old Spice stuff everyone owns.

Very different to the original apparently. The Indian one is just Old Spice with a hint of Lime wheres the original stuff was supposed to have been quite a different scent. I've seen original Lime on ebay but I've read that Lime scents dont age very well so very hesitant to spend >£20 for one of the old gift sets.
Thanks....I didn't know that. I believe tha the Indian flavour of the Original is supposed to be good and I assumed it was the same for the Lime.

Thanks....I didn't know that. I believe tha the Indian flavour of the Original is supposed to be good and I assumed it was the same for the Lime.

I've read the Indian OS used to be pretty much the same as the one Shulton one but it was reformulated in the last few years or so, and the new reformulation has a characteristic sweetness to the scent.

I've not used the Shulton one so I cannot compare the Indian OS to the old one.

Old Spice and Brut were my aftershaves of choice when I was in my late teens and early twenties. Most of my friends used to take the piss out of me for wearing Old Spice, but I just ignored them. I still buy and wear it from time to time now, but my preferences now are for the more expensive aftershaves/EDTs. There will always be a place in my heart for Old Spice, though. For me, it's special.

Back
Top Bottom