Super Gillette Blue Blades

After a six week wait my Alibaba order from an approved P&G vendor showed up finally!! 100 Super Gillette Blue Blades from China in twenty bubble packs of five blade tucks. (y) I really like this blade as it just ticks all the boxes in my book. :love:

Dvtz2LC.jpg

Good choice on the razor. Do you have a hybrid? I think you've mentioned that you do ... I bet they'd be great in that, especially with a slightly heavier handle than the usual Gillette fat handle.

Great! You've got a good haul there. The design puts me in mind of the Thai market Super Thin blades, which I believe are made at the Flying Eagle factory in Singapore. Are these likely from the same factory?

Good choice on the razor. Do you have a hybrid? I think you've mentioned that you do ...

No, I don't have one and I have never seen any convincing evidence that one would shave different than a run of the mill "flat bottom" Tech. I had a chance to buy one recently, but no way in Hell was I going to pay the $170 that seller wanted. :rolleyes:

Great! You've got a good haul there. The design puts me in mind of the Thai market Super Thin blades, which I believe are made at the Flying Eagle factory in Singapore. Are these likely from the same factory?

Both are made at the Gillette Shanghai plant.

To be frank pjgh, I think the post-war "ball end" Tech was their ne plus ultra as regards the Tech design per the head. I did a SxS shave today with an English "ball end" Tech and also a Canadian Gillette post-war "fat handle" Tech with the SG Blue Blade in the former and a twice used "blue box" Platinum in the latter razor. They were used respectively on either side of my face and the soap was A&E Frozen Mojitos. I am here to tell you that I could discern zero difference between the two as regards the perfectly smooth shave. I can however state unequivocally that both razors shaved smoother than did my English "flat bottom" when loaded with these respective blades for their prior shaves.

Try as I have, I cannot find a better daily driver than the post-war "ball end" Tech (regardless of country of origin). It's boringly perfect. ;)

DIamond base with the under-cap bar poking out at each end? I have a good number of those with various etches and embossed logos on the cap. Funnily enough those are the ones I almost always skip, opting for a flat bottom or a later (cheapo) Tech.

I'll pull one or two into my rotation ...

Cheers!

To be frank pjgh, I think the post-war "ball end" Tech was their ne plus ultra as regards the Tech design per the head. I did a SxS shave today with an English "ball end" Tech and also a Canadian Gillette post-war "fat handle" Tech with the SG Blue Blade in the former and a twice used "blue box" Platinum in the latter razor. They were used respectively on either side of my face and the soap was A&E Frozen Mojitos. I am here to tell you that I could discern zero difference between the two as regards the perfectly smooth shave. I can however state unequivocally that both razors shaved smoother than did my English "flat bottom" when loaded with these respective blades for their prior shaves.

Try as I have, I cannot find a better daily driver than the post-war "ball end" Tech (regardless of country of origin). It's boringly perfect. ;)

I have a pre War Fat Handle Tech and a post war Ball End Tech and in the battle between both razors there's only one winner.

The Tech.

If I was an advertising man this would be my sales pitch for it 'The Only Razor You'll Use Hungover!'.

Good to hear they are genuine and thank you for the link. These are my favourite blades

According to the linked ad they are an authorized P&G (owner of Gillette) vendor AND they take Paypal which is no small measure as I usually balk at using some Chinese third party pymt. service. Now if we could just get them to sell the elusive Rubie Ultra Stainless, Gillette London Bridge and Goal Super Platinum, etc., blades on there as well. :love:

Back
Top Bottom