Sterling Barbershop

A couple of quick questions for anyone who has used Sterling 'Barbershop' stuff...

1. I keep reading online that the scent is intended to take one back to 'traditional barbershop' times and never really know what that actually means as many aftershaves and EDTs say the same...are there any other, more common aftershaves/EDTs that it is similar to that might give me a better idea of Barbershop's fragrance?

2. Does the EDT come in a glass bottle and is it any good - in the photos it looks similar to the plastic 'Barbon' bottle:eek:

I'm just trying to make my mind up on splashing out (literally!) on some of this. My previous experience of a Sterling shaving soap and Witch Hazel were not great.

Thanks in advance for any feedback(y)

A couple of quick questions for anyone who has used Sterling 'Barbershop' stuff...

1. I keep reading online that the scent is intended to take one back to 'traditional barbershop' times and never really know what that actually means as many aftershaves and EDTs say the same...are there any other, more common aftershaves/EDTs that it is similar to that might give me a better idea of Barbershop's fragrance?

2. Does the EDT come in a glass bottle and is it any good - in the photos it looks similar to the plastic 'Barbon' bottle:eek:

I'm just trying to make my mind up on splashing out (literally!) on some of this. My previous experience of a Sterling shaving soap and Witch Hazel were not great.

Thanks in advance for any feedback(y)

Can't help you on the barbershop scent point but I can throw my 2 pence worth on the EDT front.

I bought Executive Man soap and EDT (glass bottle). While both smell great, I'm not convinced the EDT lasts any length of time. Never used a stirling splash but as the cheaper alternative...it may be an option.

Just my thoughts. (y)

Can't help you on the barbershop scent point but I can throw my 2 pence worth on the EDT front.

I bought Executive Man soap and EDT (glass bottle). While both smell great, I'm not convinced the EDT lasts any length of time. Never used a stirling splash but as the cheaper alternative...it may be an option.

Just my thoughts. (y)
Thanks Dc... that answers my question about the EDT bottle(y)
I might take a chance on it if I get the necessary dosh together! If the splash was in the EDT bottle I would definitely give it a go (my OCD on green stuff:rolleyes:) but I hate these AS's in bog standard mass produced bottles...they all look the same to me. (It's the only thing that lets TGS Abysso down!

Thanks Dc... that answers my question about the EDT bottle(y)
I might take a chance on it if I get the necessary dosh together! If the splash was in the EDT bottle I would definitely give it a go (my OCD on green stuff:rolleyes:) but I hate these AS's in bog standard mass produced bottles...they all look the same to me. (It's the only thing that lets TGS Abysso down!
Bottle is a very nice green glqss bottle to be fair with a good spray nozzle. Cant fault it on that front.

Back
Top Bottom