Stabbed

I live in London, and sadly, it often seems people have become desensitised to the loss of life taking place from knife attacks.

There have been a few murders close to where I live (a few miles in a few directions) and recently the murders have barely made the news, the only reason I knew of them was passing the crime scenes on the bus and seeing areas closed off.

Blimey! The UK needs some knife control. :oops:

After 30 years operational in the Police in Liverpool & Glasgow I can promise you that the UK has some of the most punitive blade laws in the EU. Though it was an army type survival knife I was stabbed with most fatalities and serious woundings were carried out with screwdrivers or Stanley knives.
Bit like restrictions on firearms, inconveniences and can criminalise genuine citizens, doesn't dent the practises of habitual criminals.
Just compare the number of firearms offences in Switzerland where every other household seem to have access to firearms to the criminal use of handguns in the U.K. where we're supposed to have stopped armed criminals by removing licensed firearms from checked out citizens with no convictions.
As a firearms instructor advised me, "No such thing as dangerous weapons; they remain inert until held by dangerous persons".

JohnnyO. o/.

After 30 years operational in the Police in Liverpool & Glasgow I can promise you that the UK has some of the most punitive blade laws in the EU. Though it was an army type survival knife I was stabbed with most fatalities and serious woundings were carried out with screwdrivers or Stanley knives.
Bit like restrictions on firearms, inconveniences and can criminalise genuine citizens, doesn't dent the practises of habitual criminals.
Just compare the number of firearms offences in Switzerland where every other household seem to have access to firearms to the criminal use of handguns in the U.K. where we're supposed to have stopped armed criminals by removing licensed firearms from checked out citizens with no convictions.
As a firearms instructor advised me, "No such thing as dangerous weapons; they remain inert until held by dangerous persons".

JohnnyO. o/.

I was once told that, following National Service, Swiss citizens remain servicemen and women, and must be ready for action at a moment's notice. With this in mind, they are required to keep full uniform and kit (including firearms) in their home, in a locked and sealed container, with severe sentences for unauthorised opening said container. Perhaps a Swiss member would verify this?

Like @donnie_arko, I live in London and can, with sadness, confirm that all he says is true. Two murders in my neighbourhood in the last week or so, and I once witnessed the aftermath of such an attack. This was outside my local pub.

There is a danger of this thread becoming political, so I suspect it may be closed before long.

...There is a danger of this thread becoming political, so I suspect it may be closed before long.

1HRN0Mx.jpg

Back
Top Bottom