Souplex solingen blades

has anyone used these Souplex solingen DE blades and if so are they any good, what would you compare them to? Seem quite expensive .

Teutonic torture. I traded for two a year or so ago and IMO bad. Typical German blade in that for me zero smoothness. You would think the Germans would be on top of blade technology, but they never have been.

I like them (but get on well with all German blades.)

I agree they arent the smoothest but they never fail to give me an irritation free shave and tend to last 50% longer than comparable blades, conversely your average Russian blade has a much shorter lifespan (on my face) and whilst they deliver a smooth feeling shave always leave irritation on my neck post shave.

Reviving this old thread........Souplex DE blades from Solingen Germany.
I've been using these blades in my Pils, Feather AS-D2 and Carbon Cx razors for the last week or so and have found them to be as sharp as Feather Hi Stainless blades but smoother and they last as long if not longer than the feathers.
You can find them on eBay but they are around twice the price of the ones i brought from Germany. So if you like the Feather blade because it's sharp but feel it's a little rough for the first couple of uses these are worth a try. :) P.image.jpeg

Reviving this old thread........Souplex DE blades from Solingen Germany.
I've been using these blades in my Pils, Feather AS-D2 and Carbon Cx razors for the last week or so and have found them to be as sharp as Feather Hi Stainless blades but smoother and they last as long if not longer than the feathers.
You can find them on eBay but they are around twice the price of the ones i brought from Germany. So if you like the Feather blade because it's sharp but feel it's a little rough for the first couple of uses these are worth a try. :) P.View attachment 47601

Good review.

Rougher than a Feather to begin with?

Even though I've tried a ridiculous number of blades (50+ with a few more to try) I still seem to be on the look out for more. I've found blades which work for me but I seem to almost have a sadomasochistic streak to subject my face to try even more blades. Grrr.

Good review.

Rougher than a Feather to begin with?

Even though I've tried a ridiculous number of blades (50+ with a few more to try) I still seem to be on the look out for more. I've found blades which work for me but I seem to almost have a sadomasochistic streak to subject my face to try even more blades. Grrr.
Ha, no the Feathers are rougher to begin with where these Souplex blades are smooth from the first use :) Well worth a purchase IMO P.

Ha, no the Feathers are rougher to begin with where these Souplex blades are smooth from the first use :) Well worth a purchase IMO P.

Thanks for the info.

No Paul. I don't need to buy any more blades! Well, of course as soon as I wrote that statement I need to qualify it, I have no need to buy any more blades but I'm sure I will buy more blades. Grrr once again.

Back
Top Bottom