Sotd : Saturday 9th to friday 15 November 2019

SOTD : 9th November 2019.

a.jpg

Shaving recipe for today

Prep: Warm shower:/ Nivea Men Power Fresh Shower Gel.

Pre:

Warm wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Soap.

Brush: AP Shave Co. ~ 24 mm Cashmere Synthetic.

Face Lather.

Soap : Clubman Pinaud.

Blade: Gillette 7'0 Clock SharpEdge.(1)

Razor: Parker 55SL Semi-Slant.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade Lavender + Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Brut ASL.

The Real Shaving Co. ~ SPF15 Anti-Ageing Moisturiser.

Greetings,

A new shave setup to start the weekend...I haven't used the clubman pinaud soap for a while and forgot how much a great in-expensive soap this is..Because this is almost a 'croap-like' soap it doesn't need blooming before mixing and it provides a slick protective lather, in no time, it has a really nice scent,not over powering,and the post shave feel is incredibly good, What more can I say? apart from it's a great shaving soap of which i highly recommend if you haven't yet tried it.

It's now official the Parker 55SL Semi-Slant is my favourite de razor in my humble de razor collection.

The 55SL has paired together wonderfully with each blade i've matched it up with.Another enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups bbs silky smooth shave with no errors to report.

Finishing to the shave off with a generous dollop of The Real Shaving Co. ~ SPF15 Anti-Ageing Moisturiser.

My face is feeling super smooth and smelling devine.;)

Enjoy the start of the weekend, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

SOTD 20191109.
IjK1bKm.jpg

TFS Rasozero "Spiffero" pre shave cream.
J&T® katalox / OUMO Brush imitation silvertip synth.
TFS Rasozero "Spiffero" shaving soap.
ATT S2 / Timeless "Plaid" handle.
Racer Super Stainless (2).
TFS Rasozero "Spiffero" AS.

Saturday 9th November

Pre - Heno De Pravia Soap
Cream - Truefitt & Hill No10
3D Printed Bowl
Brush - YaqI 24mm Tuxedo Marble Handle
Razor - Karve SB D Plate
Blade - Astra SP (3)
Post - Quorum Aftershave

Having used my Karve with the C plate a few times I felt that maybe a D plate might better suit my preference.
I was lucky enough to acquire a D plate this week, and gave it a try this morning.
It's definitely a step up in aggression from the C plate, and already I can tell that it's not going to be my go-to plate in the Karve.
Not that it's wildly aggressive, more a tad more assertive for my regular needs.
I'll reserve the D plate for when I have 3-4 days growth to mow down, it'll be in it's element then.
All that said, it did shave very well and the finished shave was very close, with very little sting when I applied the aftershave.
I haven't used T&H No10 in a long time. There's nothing not to like about this cream - easy to lather, smells nice, cheap to buy and lasts for ever it seems.
Finished with Quorum Aftershave - smooth faced and smelling good on this freezing Saturday morning

Prep: Shower & Proraso M&E green pre-shave
Bowl: Recycled T&H cream bowl
Brush: Razorock BC Synth
Cream: T&H West Indian Limes
Razor: Mach 3 / handle from Etsy

First ever use of Proraso pre-shave. Quite honestly I wasn't exactly sure what to do with it, especially as the box instructions are in Italian! Anyway, I stepped out the shower, rubbed some onto my face, let it sit whilst I made my lather then put the lather on top of it. Not sure if you're meant to do that, or if you rinse it off first, but the shave felt good and the menthol kick was amazing.

After touch ups, I always put leftover lather on my face whilst I clean my gear up, and I have to say that the menthol / lime combo smelt & felt incredible for those couple of minutes. Also it felt so good that I didn't bother with any post shave beyond cold water rinse, just walked away feeling refreshed. Will probably get the Proraso green aftershave lotion too as I've had a sample and liked it. Big fan of Proraso green!

E39FA620-2CD2-4479-A5E2-EF80A3A957C8.jpeg

9 November

P&B Borealis
Semogue SOC 2 band
MÜHLE R41
Feather Hi-stainless
Bart's Balm Amber and Moroccan Jasmine

2DE52893-2AEE-4714-9E9F-66A99B4FC8AB.jpeg

The R41 is a hugely efficient razor. This morning's shave was really over in one pass, but I did a second pass to use up the beautiful lather, and for practice. A very close shave was the result. Great stuff.

09/11/19
Pre: Pears Transparent Original
Brush: Vulfix Best Badger
Soap: 1912 Irish Fern
Razor: GEM MMOC
Blade: Personna GEM PTFE
Post shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, Homemade Neroli & Orange Witch Hazel
Balm: Bart's Balm Lime Lotion and Balm
A/S: CK One

1. Sat 10th.JPG

A Fantastic shave today with the Vintage GEM MMOC, these razors always bring a smile to my face. Although the audio feedback is not that pronounced with this beauty it is still very nice. 2 Passes WTG & XTG then some ATG buffing leaving me comfortable and BBS.
The Little Vulfix struggled a bit today, its been in a drawer for years as i bought it when i went through a phase of using straights and used creams exclusively, it is more suited to creams as it is very soft. It will be demoted to a travelling kit.
The post shave was very nice.
So ready for the rest of the day feeling and smelling good.
Have a great day All.

Prep: Face wash with Pears soap and warm water
Pre shave: Edwin Jagger hydrating pre shave cream
Soap: Clubman Pinaud
Brush: Omega 49 Boar
Razor/Blade: Merkur 37C Slant/Astra SP (1)
Cold water rinse, Alum block, cold rinse
Balm: 1912 classic
Aftershave: Tabac

Very smooth, mild, but efficient 3 pass shave with no bleeders. First time using the slant and happy with it.

Back
Top Bottom