SOTD: Saturday 9th June- Friday 15th June 2018.

SOTD: 9th June 2018.

5.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Imperial Leather ~ Sea minerals & Black Mint Shower Gel.

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Glycerin Soap.

Brush: Frank Shaving ~ Synthetic.

Bowl Lather.

Soap : Cella .

Blade: Dorco~ Prime Platinum. (1)

Razor: Parker Variant.(Settings) 2. WTG, 2.5 XTG, 4. ATG + Pickups.

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Alum Block./Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade Lemon,lime +Peppermint Oil Witch Hazel Mixture/Aloe Vera Gel.

Gillette ~ Blue A/S Lotion.

Greetings,

A new set up to start the weekend. Third outing of the Parker Variant. I increased to the number 4 setting for the 3rd & pickup passes which worked really work for me, very comfortable & efficient.

The Dorco P.P. paired together excellently with the Variant, very smooth another great match, mowing through my stubble effortlessly,showing no signs of pulling or feeling tuggy in between each of the passes.

A very comfortable 3 pass + pick ups silky smooth efficient shave, with no errors to report...I can't praise the parker Variant enough at the moment..I know its only my second shave, but i instantly found my angle from the first pass, making the shave really comfortable enjoyable experience yet again..Outstanding shave.

Finishing the shave off with a generous splash of Gillette ~ Blue A/S Lotion...First time use of the birthday present A/S splash, which has a nice fresh fragrance,& a soothing after burn..good stuff.:)

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling devine.;)

Enjoy the start of the weekend, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
SOTD 20180609.

dwHoZNx.jpg

Proraso pre shave cream (sample).
Shaving Society LE 2018 (silvertip 2-band, fan 24x50).
Anes&Sens shaving soap.
Timeless Ti 0.68.
Lord Cool (8).
Lea ASB (sample)

image.jpg ~SOTD~

Prep ~ Valbora Gylcerlanoina soap, Shower.
Razor ~ Gem Micro-Matic Open Comb
Blade ~ Gem Stainless
Soap ~ Pre de Provence "63"
Brush ~ Omega Boar 011829
Post ~ Vitos Tobacco Aftershave
Scent ~ Black To Black EDP by Mancera, Paris

A soap I have not used much and there is no good reason for it, it is a very good soap indeed.
The Gem OCMM was predictably good at what it was made to do and left me fresh faced and happy with my choice today.
The French shave soap was a little spicy so my choice of EDP was a close match, it is french and spicy! :) and very nice it is too!

Have a great weekend people.....P.

Last edited:
View attachment 36212 ~SOTD~

Prep ~ Valbora Gylcerlanoina soap, Shower.
Razor ~ Gem Micro-Matic Open Comb
Blade ~ Gem Stainless
Soap ~ Pre de Provance "63"
Brush ~ Omega Boar 011829
Post ~ Vitos Tobacco Aftershave
Scent ~ Black To Black EDP by Mancera, Paris

A soap I have not used much and there is no good reason for it, it is a very good soap indeed.
The Gem OCMM was preictably good at what it was made to do and left me fresh faced and happy with my choice today.
The French shave soap was a little spicy so my choice of EDP was a close match, it is french and spicy! :) and very nice it is too!

Have a great weekend people.....P.

+1 on the Pre De Province No63
It really is a good performing soap with a lovely floral / spicy scent.
The matching balm is very good too with a long lasting scent.

+1 on the Pre De Province No63
It really is a good performing soap with a lovely floral / spicy scent.
The matching balm is very good too with a long lasting scent.
Yes, I must try to use it more but with so many good soaps to choose from in the morning some get forgotten untill being rediscovered as this was today :) P.

Pre: Cold water face wash
Brush: Shavemac TSR 2015 2 Band ST
Soap: WK Man From Mayfair
Razor: ER Featherweight
Blade: Gem SS
IMG_20180609_085950.jpg

As it was only about fifteen hours from my last shave I opted for the Featherweight but stuck with the Thayers, as I wanted to try and gauge if this soap was as nourishing as yesterday's Eufros.
Have a great weekend everyone.

Morning shave

Olive Oil Soap
PAA CaD
Chubby 2 Best Badger
Wilkinson Sword Sticky
Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow (1)
Thayers Witch Hazel (unscented)
Fine American Blend Aftershave
YSL Rive Gauche Pour Homme EDT

I love the Sticky! Yet another gift from my generous mate @Boru62, it's a mild razor but very efficient with a sharp blade. Three very comfortable passes for BB smooth. In fact this is the beauty of traditional shaving for me. Experimenting with blades, choosing between mild or aggressive razors, adjusting the number of passes accordingly, and yet still achieving excellent results. Different roads to the same destination. Great fun. Thanks Kevin. Have a great weekend gents.

Morning shave

Olive Oil Soap
PAA CaD
Chubby 2 Best Badger
Wilkinson Sword Sticky
Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow (1)
Thayers Witch Hazel (unscented)
Fine American Blend Aftershave
YSL Rive Gauche Pour Homme EDT

I love the Sticky! Yet another gift from my generous mate @Boru62, it's a mild razor but very efficient with a sharp blade. Three very comfortable passes for BB smooth. In fact this is the beauty of traditional shaving for me. Experimenting with blades, choosing between mild or aggressive razors, adjusting the number of passes accordingly, and yet still achieving excellent results. Different roads to the same destination. Great fun. Thanks Kevin. Have a great weekend gents.
Cheers Barry, glad you enjoy it.
You never know, you might find an end cap for it, or maybe one of the talented members can make one for you.

Back
Top Bottom