SOTD: Saturday 9th - Friday 15th March 2019

Date: 09 March 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Maseto 2 Band Finest Badger Ivory 30/54mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Mitchell's Wool Fat
Razor/Blade:- Rockwell R4 / Vintage NOS Gillette Super Stainless (spoiler) #5
Post-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed with Tea Tree, Lavender & Peppermint / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic
Fragrance:- N\A

22 more days to go for the whole month of Mitchell's March Wool Fat shave

SOTD : 9th March 2019.

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Hot shower:/ RightGuard ~ Energy Burst Shower Gel.

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Soap.

Brush: Yaqi 24mm Naples Synthetic.

Face Lather.

Soap : Cella.

Blade: Supermax Blue Diamond Titanium.(1)

Razor: Parker 99R.

Cold Water Face Rinse./ Homemade Lavender + Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Benjamins Mentholated Bay Rum.

Aloe vera Gel.

Greetings,

A new shave set up to start the weekend, which will be a 'Indian made Razor & Blade duo week'..second outing of the yaqi 24mm naples synthetic brush, which paired together wonderful with the bloomed Cella soap providing a slick protective lather for the shave.

I don't deny that i have a fondness for Parker razors, ever since my humble beginnings into the world of traditional wet shaving i was impressed by these excellent DE razors...I've been fortunate that all my 7 parker DE razors don't have any defects, and all have gave me superb shaving results .. However, i've found you need a more steeper shaving angle to get the best results from these Indian ladies..The Parker 99r / Supermax blue diamond Titanium blade duo worked together superbly resulting in another very enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report...A great blade.

I have a10 pack of Dollar Platinum blades another Supermax blade thrown in by the seller of the recent Yaqi 24mm Naples Synthetic brush & assorted soaps purchase from Ebay,which i shall try out in my future SOTD set ups soon.

A very comfortable 3 pass + pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report.

Finishing to the shave off with a generous dollop of Aloe vera Gel.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling devine.;)
;)

Enjoy the start of the weekend, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:
:cool:

Last edited:
Today's shave:

rdt190309b6kbd.jpg

• Barrister & Mann Petrichor
  • Semogue 2013 SE Silvertip
  • NoName-Shavette with ASP blade
  • Pitralon Classic aftershave

:)

"Petrichor (/ˈpɛtrɪkɔːr/) is the earthy scent produced when rain falls on dry soil. The word is constructed from Greek petra (πέτρα), meaning "stone", and īchōr (ἰχώρ), the fluid that flows in the veins of the gods in Greek mythology." (Wikipedia)

Saturday 9th March

Pears Glycerine Soap
Vitos Pre Shave Cream
Creightons Ultra Rich Shaving Cream
Yaqi Mysterious Space 26mm Tuxedo
Copper Turkish Bowl
Fatip V2 Grande with a Gillette/Wilkinson Blade
Alum and Rinse
Simple Facial Toner
Palmer's for Men Moisturiser
Pashana Original AS

I acquired a Fatip razor earlier this week and am absolutely delighted to have discovered that it is a Fatip Grande. as the handle is slightly 'beefier'. I already have a Piccolo V1 so the new addition allows me to experiment with different combinations. I think I prefer the 'chunkier' Grande version. Same great shave as the Piccolo with better ergonomics for me.

3 passes for a shave which would be very very difficult to improve on:)

Extro Cosmesi Freddo ~ Semogue 610 ~ Wilkinson Sword "Sticky" ~ Feather Hi-Stainless ~ Mandom Lucido

Great shave today, first use of the Freddo and what a great croap that is... Nice and cooling with a very natural eucalyptus scent (not like that Proraso Green stink.) Second use of the Sticky, superb razor... Early days but I would argue it's one the the greatest DE designs ever made. Less than stellar finish with the Lucido, it's been totally fine but today burnt me something terrible, now I've got a red blotchy neck... Just don't understand the sudden reaction :confused:

Back
Top Bottom