SOTD : Saturday 8st - Friday 14th August 2020.

SOTD : 8th August 2020.

1.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower / Sanex Men ~ Sensitive Soap Free Shower Body & Face Gel.

Pre:

Cold wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Soap Bar / Wilko Men's Shaving Oil.

Brush: Yaqi ~ Naples 24mm Synthetic.

Face Lather.

Soap : Clubman Pinaud.

Blade: Shark ~ Super Stainless. (1)

Razor: Parker 92R.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade lavender eucalyptus, +Tea Tree essential Oils Witch Hazel Mixture./ Pashana Original ASL.

Baylis & Harding ~ Amber & Sandalwood ASB.

Greetings,

Parker Razor & shark blade week.

A new shave set up to start the weekend...It's been a long time since i last added the Shark Super stainless blade to my blade rotation which aren't the sharpest blade in my shaving den, but i find them to be smooth very forgiving and pair up well with my parker razors.

Good technique & shaving confidence dictates the result of traditional wet shaving... As always YMMV.

A enjoyable 3 pass +pick ups near BBS shave with no errors to report.

Finishing to the shave off with a generous dollop of Baylis & Harding ~ Amber & Sandalwood ASB.

My face is feeling super smooth and smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

08/08/20

Razor: Merkur 37C
Blade: Super ShaveX (1)
Brush: Alpha Outlaw V2 G4
Soap: Stirling MITA
Pre: Proraso Green
ASL: Proraso Green
ASB: Proraso Green

IMG_20200806_183354-01.jpeg

A hungover shave this morning. All the software has done a great job of making me feel better.

First use of the Super ShaveX that was kindly given to me by @Dobbo25 and I'm impressed. It handled 48 hours growth with ease with minimal pulling on the first pass and butter smooth on the second.

Tony'schin

Supporter
Supporter
08/08/20
Str8 shave Saturday
Pre: Whickams pre shave soap face wash
Brush: Alpha Outlaw Titanium
Soap: Stirling Soap co. Bay Rum
Razor: Carl Schlieper 6/8 "High Class"
Blade: See Above
Post shave: Cold water splash, TC's Bay Rum Witch Hazel
Balm: TC's Bay Rum Argan Oil
Aftershave: DR Harris Bay Rum
Wk33  (1).jpg
Not a lot to go at today as an earlier shave than usual.
Taking Mrs TC to Hairdressers (1st time in 5 Months of me doing it) as her ankle seems stronger and she managed to get an appointment.
So, The shave,
I always manage a great lather from the Stirling soaps and today was no exception, I knew i would probably get away with 1 pass so i did not load the brush fully.
1 WTG pass leaving me with an SAS finish, i needed the practice so i completed some XTG and Diagonal Stokes during a pick up pass.
Result - DFS+, no blood loss and raised confidence.
A very nice post shave with the Bay Rum scent wafting around the room.
Stay Safe and enjoy your day All.

Last edited:
Sat 8 SOTD
Soap RazoRock XXX
Brush Yaqi 26mm Lucky Dice Badger
Razor Gillette British RFB #88
Blade Elios Inoxidable 7th
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + Clubman WhiskyWood
Dip finger for a dollop and spread on wet face. Lathering with the brush was fantastic! Mild but nice scent. Result was creamy and slick enough for 4 pass.
Shave with razor paired with blade was very nice. Sharpish, smooth, efficient and very comfortable. 3+1 multiple passes without any weepers nor irritation. Icy water rinse followed by Thayers then Hyaluronic and Whisky Wood. A happy shave 9.7/10
20200807_222516.jpg
20200808_110422.jpg

Sat 8th August

Stirling Syn.26mm
Stirling Baker Street
Alu. General - Windrose handle
Schick Proline [ 6 ]
Alcolado Glacial A/S Splash

Not sure if air temperature affects a Shave, but today was a cracker. The Alu General has never been a favourite of mine and i have played around with various handles before setting on this one. With a great lather the Razor feels well balanced and nimble. I was able with short controlled strokes to deal with all stubborn areas of growth, leaving me with a rather Face Stroking finish.
I may have in the past been somewhat disappointed with Shaves from the General, but todays was up there with the best.

IMG_0945.jpg

Top Bottom