SOTD: Saturday 7th December- Friday 13th December 2019.

SOTD : 7th December 2019.

a.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Nivea Men Power Fresh Shower Gel.

Pre:

Warm wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Soap.

Brush: Omega 49.

Face Lather.

Soap : Tabac.

Blade: Bolzano Superinox Inossidabile.(1)

Razor: Merkur 39C.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade Lavender + Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Creightons ~ Sensitive Post shave Balm.

Tabac ~ ASL.

Greetings,

A new shave set up to start the weekend.

It's been a while since i last shaved with my merkur 39C paired together with the bolzano superinox inossidabile blade superbly making a non-aggressive, yet smooth duo.

I Can't remember the last time i added the tabac soap & asl duo to my shave shave setup, after a 5 minute soak in warm water,i created luxurious lather in a short space in time.Another shaving soap & asl that i've giving little attention in the past,due to me reaching for my usual favourites suspects.

A very enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups near bbs shave with no errors to report.

Finishing to the shave off with a generous splash of Tabac ~ ASL.

My face is feeling super smooth and smelling devine.;)

Enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Today's shave:

rdt191207afk2z.jpg

- Barrister & Mann Promises
- MÜHLE Rocca STF
- MÜHLE Rocca with Feather blade
- Ombia Classic aftershave

:D

07/12/2019
Pre: Hot Shower
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2
Soap: Proraso Red
Razor: Gillette Tech 1965
Blade: Polsilver (3)
Post shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, Homemade Neroli & Orange Witch Hazel
Balm: Bart's Balm Amber and Moroccan Jasmine Balm & Lotion
A/S: CK One

1. Sat.JPG
A really nice mild shave with the K-2 date stamped Tech (1965 Apr-June).
3 passes and some buffing on the neck leaving me BBS and comfortable.
Ready for what the day brings.
Enjoy your Saturday All

Saturday morning
Phoenix and Beau Denali
RazoRock Plissoft 24mm synth
Face lather
Gillette New SC (ex Red and Black, maybe? or a Bostonian?)
Polsilver SI
Thayer's Lavender and Aloe Vera
Fine Snake Bite

I don't know the exact providence of this New. It seems to depend on the case in some instances; base plate in others. Looking at Achim's site (Mr. Razor), it appears to be from a Red and Black box, circa 1934.

Despite my investigations, I'm not too concerned, heritage-wise. What does matter is that it is a magnificent shaver. It pairs tremendously with the Pol to give a perfect finish.7E25A31A-F854-49DA-9BD8-E41064E45170.jpeg

937E9468-A4EA-4C05-AB58-2D888A59A2B5.jpeg

Good morning to all on this sunny Pearl Harbor Day 2019. I'm referencing WWII because today I shaved with my father's Gillette Slim. My dad was a WWII Navy vet, who passed in 2013 at age 99. I've had this razor since I went through his things after his death. This morning was my first shave with it. It was a process of trial and error, but I finally found setting 7 to be the right one for my whiskers. The shave was a smooth and close DFS. In any case, after completing my favorite activity to start each day, I feel smooth, clean and refreshed.

SOTD 12/07/19

RAZOR: Gillette Slim Adjustable
BLADE: Suneko
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by Grooming Dept Preshave
BRUSH: WCS Best Badger
SOAP: Mike's Natural Hungarian Lavender
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by Thayers Lavender Witch Hazel and finished with Fine Snake Bite AS Splash

7/12/19

Brush - Yaqi Fan Tuxedo Mysterious Blue Handle (28mm knot, 56mm loft)
Soap - Arko
Razor - Gillette Ball End Tech
Blade - Personna Red (2)
Post - Witch Hazel
Balm - Nivea Cooling
AS - Benjamin's Bay Rum

I'd not used Arko for a while and with the Yaqi it produced a very good lather today. I'm somewhere in between those who find Arko's scent not the best and those who can tolerate it, I find it fine but not one I can take on a regular basis as it's probably stronger than the very mild scents I tend to gravitate towards.
The shave itself wasn't the greatest, I've had very mixed success with Personna Red's aka Israeli Platinum Chromes. A few out of the packet are incredibly sharp (as sharp as a few PPI Gillettes) and seem to bite more than other sharp blades, today's one seems to lack sharpness - I'd say it wasn't even as sharp as a Voshkod. Even with 3.5 passes I still seemed to have more stubble left behind then I usually do.

Anyway chaps, have a good Saturday.

Prep: Nivea Deep Cleaning face wash
Pre-shave: Proraso Green M&E
Bowl: Recycled T&H cream bowl
Cream: T&H West Indian Limes
Brush: Razorock Bruce synth
Razor: Rockwell 6C Gunmetal on R5
Blade: Personna Med Prep
Post: Leftover lather on face during gear cleanup, warm then cold water rinse, Proraso Green M&E Lotion

Third shave with Rockwell 6C. Up to plate R5. Removed 2 days growth without issue. Had a break from DE and was shaving daily with carts, but it's nice going back to knowing I can miss a day between shaves. Even 36 hours growth with a cart is unpleasant to remove. I'm enjoying the higher 6C settings shaving every other day, but it's good to know that if I do want a one day ‘freshen up' shave, I can go straight to a lower number plate. Really impressed with R5 though. Very smooth and efficient.0DFF6D2F-3736-472C-957E-D83B308611DD.jpeg

07/12/19

Razor: 1960 Gillette Fatboy #6
Blade: Sputnik (2)
Brush: FS Chubby Silvertip
Soap: Eufros Ylang-ylang
Pre: Proraso Blue
ASL: Nivea Deep
ASB: CK Eternity
Scent: CK Eternity

IMG_20191207_133136.jpg

This Eufros soap performs brilliantly but the scent is not for me. Tried the Fatboy on #6 today and it worked well.

Back
Top Bottom