SOTD : Saturday 7th April - Friday 13th April 2018.

Rvzn6BF.jpg

Palmera 14
Island Bladeworks - Elite 2-band
B&M Le Grand Chypre
LAB AS

SOTD: 7th April 2018.

5.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Hot shower:/ Nivea Men ~ Cool Kick Shower Gel.

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Wilkinsons Fruits ~ Coconut & Vanilla Body Butter.

Brush: Semogue 830.

Bowl Lather.

Cream : Groomed .

Blade: Personna Lab Blue .(1)

Razor: Bali BD 191.

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Alum Block./Cold Water Face Rinse./ Groomed~ Post Shave Balm.

Old Spice ~ Swagger A/S.

Greetings,

A new shave set up to start the weekend.

This weeks sotd's are going to be a 'shaving cream only week', as i haven't really been giving them much attention recently, due to my passion for using my humble shave sticks.

Starting my shave off with the groomed cream, which i totally forgot how much a great cream this is,doesn't get top marks for it's fragrance, but it's performance & slickness are excellent plus you only need a small amount to create a wonderful protective creamy lather, & the matching post shave balm adds a great coolness to the skin.

The bali bd 191/personna lab blue blade worked well together, with no tuggy issues, a nice non-aggressive but a efficient match.

A very comfortable 3 pass + pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a generous splash of old spice swagger a/s.

My face is feeling super smooth, irritation free & smelling devine.;)

Enjoy the start of the weekend, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

SOTD_20180406.jpg

• Straight Razor: Koraat - 6/8 Full Hollow Ivory Snake Yuma
  • Shaving Brush: Declaration Grooming - 27mm Jefferson Vastness LE B4 (Select Badger)
  • Shaving Bowl: Saponificio Varesino - Shaving Grail Bowl
  • Shaving Soap: PannaCrema - Nuàvia Nera
How is the new scent profile like on the PannaCrema - Nuàvia Chris? Any comparisons to other scents, or is it in a league of its own? Cheers, Les.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

image.jpg ~SOTD~

Prep ~ Shower, Valobra Glicerlanolina soap
Razor ~ Eskimo Adjustable ~3
Blade ~ Personna 74
Soap ~ Eufros ~ Zanzibar
Brush ~ Omega Badger
Post ~ Bart's Rosemary and Sandelwood AS Lotion
Scent ~ Penhaligons ~ Vaara

Unheard of from me but this Eufros soap is so good I had to use it two days in a row!
The Eskimo performed faultlesly as you would expect when fitted with a Personna 74.
Bart's , top stuff , Pen Vaara, perfect!

Have a great weekend people........:) P.

Today's shave:

rdt180407.jpg

- Grooming Dept Voyage
- MÜHLE "Gold"tip Badger
- MÜHLE Rocca with custom handle and ASP blade
- Brut Original aftershave

:)

The MÜHLE Badger, officially a silvertip, is an older brush with very yellow-ish hair (here is a direct comparison with a newer version: Picture 1, Picture 2). Apparently the colour is natural, probably due to less severe chemical treatment during the production of the brush. Aside from the colour, it behaves just like the more modern MÜHLE silvertip badger, meaning it's very soft and rather floppy.

Brush: Shavemac TSR 2015 2B
Soap: WK Man From Mayfair
Razor: Igor (on loan)
Blade: Gem Blue Star
Post: Warm then cold water rinse, WK Man From Mayfair AST

IMG_20180407_093752.jpg
As it had only been about 15hrs since my last shave with I-gor (I can't stop thinking E-gor), I decided to try it on the lower setting.
I face lathered with the dynamic duo of Shavemac and Wholly Kaw and set off.
The mild setting was a good choice until I got to the grey hairs in the Van Dyke area and then it struggled but no more than a Pushbutton struggles in the same area.
I dont know where others have found their ideal angle on Igor but I've found riding the cap on the front hump (Snoopy's nose, if you like) similar to the curve on the General is perfect for me.
Have a great weekend.

Morning shave.

Olive Oil Soap
P&B Pall Mall
Chubby 2 Best Badger
Mongoose B3
Feather Pro Super (1)
Thayers Witch Hazel (unscented)
OSP Lemon and Cedarwood Aftershave Tonic
Chanel Pour Monsieur EDT

Kevin (@Boru62) kindly sent me a couple of the Pro Super blades several months ago but today was the first time I worked up the courage to use one. Blimey it' sharp. I was pretty much done after one very careful pass and I was certainly BB smooth after two. Not the smoothest shave but I presume that as with the Pro, the Super will become smoother on subsequent runs. Have a great weekend gents.

Back
Top Bottom