SOTD : Saturday 6th October - Friday 12th October 2018.

SOTD : 6th October 2018.

16.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ L'OREAL~ Hydra Sensitive Birch Sap Shower Gel.

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Lemon Flower Glycerin Soap.

Brush: Frank Shaving ~ synthetic.

Bowl Lather.

Cream : Arko ~ Sensitive.

Blade: Dorco ~ ST300 .(1)

Razor: Merkur 37C.

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Cold Water Face Rinse./ Homemade Lime, Lemon+Peppermint Oil & Menthol Crystals Witch Hazel Mixture./ Gummy ~Turkish Lavender Cologne.

L'OREAL ~ Soothing Birch Sap Post Shave Balm.

Greetings,

I've had to do a weekend shift at the mill,due to my shift pattern. Needs must unfortunately....

A new shave set up to start the weekend..the dorco st300/merkur 37c slant matched together wonderfully, the dorco blade isn't the most aggressive blade, but i find them very smooth and forgiving..My aim with every shave isn't to get a BBS, it's to good a dfs with no irritation, today the dorco blade paired together with my much loved 37c slant gave me a very comfortable irritation-free 3 pass shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with some generous dollop of ~ L'OREAL ~ Soothing Birch Sap Post Shave Balm.

My face is feeling smooth & smelling devine.;)
clear.png

I'm ready for what my working weekend has to throw at me.

Enjoy the start of the weekend, ladies & gentlemen.
clear.png
:cool:

Shaves of the Week.

Sunday.
Prep: Hot towel
Pre shave: Prep
Razor: ‘The Rock' (Rockwell 6S – #3)
Blade: Permasharp
Brush: New Forest Tubby 1 Finest
Soap: Ariana & Evans ‘Portrait in Soho'
Post: Cold water rinse / Witch Hazel / Chatillon Lux: Santal Auster Post-Shave Salve
Fragrance: Boadicea the Victorious ‘Nemer'

just the one 'proper' shave this week, and what an outstanding shave it was... in fact, this reminded me of Spinal Tap... this shave wasn't a 10, it was an 11.. lol

Sat 6th Oct.

Omega 11126 boar
P & B Pall Mall
ATT SE-G
Gem S/S [ 2 ]
Floid Vigoroso A/S Lotion

My second Shave with the revamped ATT SE-G so on a learning curve to get the angles right. With the altered base plate it Shaves very smoothly and is quite efficient and forgiving. I made a better job than yesterday when working around the neck so the overall finish was very good. I did note that actual Shave time was similar to that
taken with most of my Vintage SE`s.
I am finding that thanks to the work of Paul @Blademonkey, this revitalised Razor is coping well with my rather tough growth.

IMG_0273.jpg

Morning shave

OSP Fougere
Morris & Fondran 3XL Blonde Badger
Pils 101NE
Vintage Gillette Super Silver (3)
Thayers Witch Hazel (unscented)
RazoRock Irish Countyside
Creed Green Irish Tweed EDP

An indulgent Saturday morning shave. The brush was acquired from @Sid James and is beautiful. Thanks Steve, you're a gent. Three very leisurely passes for as smooth as you like. Great this hobby of ours isn't it? Have a lovely weekend gents.

Date: 06 October 2018

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Maseto Extra Density 2 Band Finest Badger Ivory 24/55mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Declaration Grooming ~ Colonia Balsamica
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Razor/Blade:- Karve CB 'D' / Vintage NOS Gillette Super Stainless (spoiler) #15
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic / Lucky Tiger Face Moisturizer
Fragrance:- None

This is the end of the spoiler blade journey using the Karve on the 'D' base plate, not a single irritation, tugging or weepers anywhere on my face throughout the whole shave.

Date: 06 October 2018

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Maseto Extra Density 2 Band Finest Badger Ivory 24/55mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Declaration Grooming ~ Colonia Balsamica
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Razor/Blade:- Karve CB 'D' / Vintage NOS Gillette Super Stainless (spoiler) #15
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic / Lucky Tiger Face Moisturizer
Fragrance:- None

This is the end of the spoiler blade journey using the Karve on the 'D' base plate, not a single irritation, tugging or weepers anywhere on my face throughout the whole shave.
Hello my friend

Back
Top Bottom