SOTD : Saturday 5th October - Friday 11th October 2019.

SOTD : 5th October 2019.

n.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Original Source ~ Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:

Cold wet flannel to my face & head

Brush: Turkish Unbranded Boar.

face & head Lather.

Soap : Arko Shave Stick.

Blade: Personna ~ Gem PTFE.(1)

Razor: Gem ~ Open Comb MicroMatic.

Cold Water Face & head Rinse./Homemade menthol crystals +Eucalyptus peppermint,+ Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./Yelken ~ Lemon Eau De Cologne.

Aloe Vera Gel.

Greetings,

A new shave set up to start the weekend.i'm making this a vintage SE razor week ,starting with the micromatic Open Comb...Like my other vintage SE razors my shaving angle is almost sliding flat against the skin.Out of all the vintage SE razors the Gem Micromatic OC is the most efficient mowing down my stubble with effortless ease showing no mercy.However as with any razor i shave with regardless if it's aggressive or non-aggressive respect,good technique shaving confidence, & no pressure is essential,especially when shaving with the efficient micromatic.

Maiden shave with the new turkish Boar brush which was gifted to me by my family ,along with the two sticks of arko & lemon turkish cologne,a wallet of 20 styptic matches, 5 pack of Shark SS blades and a Ali Bıyıklı shavette which i've passed on to my local Kurdish barber who i buy my arko shave sticks from when required, i told him to put the shavette to good use,as i will never use it, he said he would use it on his next customer who wants a wet shave.

A practical array of turkish holiday wet shaving gifts that will be put to good use...The shaving brush only shred a few hairs, after a pre-wash which removed neally all the animal scent,which wasn't that bad to be honest, then i repeated the same process and finally gave it a brisk rub down with a towel,a comb to remove any snags or cotters,then dried it out totally before use.It doesn't have a great deal of density & backbone,but has soft tips, after a pre soak in warm water it built a slick protective acceptable lather in a short space of time for both my face & head shave...What more can i ask for?

A enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups silky smooth face & head shave with no errors to report.

Finishing to the shave off with a generous dollop of Aloe Vera Gel.

My face & precious swede are feeling super smooth and smelling devine.;)

Enjoy the start of the weekend, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Date:- 05 October 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Yaqi Moka Express Synth. 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Ariana & Evans ~ St. Barts
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 38C / Gillette 7 O'Clock Black Super Platinum #7
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10), Lavender (15) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Fragrance:- Tommy Hilfiger for Men

Today's shave:

rdt191005yxj12.jpg

- Noble Otter Barrbarr
- Vie-Long 04612 (Dark Horse)
- Mamba with Timeless TRH4 and Feather blade
- Speick aftershave lotion

:D

PRE SHAVE: Pears Original Transparent Soap / Luke Warm Water.
RAZOR: Gillette Slim Twist.
BLADE: Wilkinsonsword Classic.
BRUSH:The Vulfix Old Original Pure Badger.
SHAVING CREAM:Taylor of Old Bond Street ,The St James Collection Luxury Shaving Cream.
POST SHAVE: Cold Water Splash /
Davidoff Cool Water EDT/
Boots N0 7 Advanced Day Moisturiser.

20191004_214102.jpg

Pre-shave:- None
Bowl/Scuttle:- None
Brush:- None
Soap/Cream:- Bulldog Original Gel
Razor/Blade:- 1960s Gillette Tech with 5 day old Wilkinson sword
Post/After-shave: Cocoa Butter
Fragrance:- None

New to this so apologies in advance. I have been using a Wilkinson Classic with Wilkinson Sword blade for the past 5 days. Very easy shave, felt very safe and better that I had from disposables but I thought i could still get a closer shave. Swapped the blade into a Gillette Tech and the difference was really noticeable, a much closer shave. Next step is to try a more aggreessive balde in the Wilkinson Clasic and see how that performs.

DSC_0110-02.jpg

Cella Aloe ~ Semogue 610 ~ iKon B1 ~ Rapira SS ~ Cella Aloe

A few firsts here...

Cella aloe "crema da barba" which is not a cream in a tube but actually a croap in a tube! Give it a squeeze and a semi solid granular stuff reluctantly plops out, it's the consistency of a croap and is full of small lumps (stearic possibly? Perhaps Nicky Chini are yet to master recipes without tallow.) It lathers up nicely and most of the lumps disappear with the addition of water, slickness and cushion are adequate but nothing to write home about. Scent is sweet fruity/woody with a hint of pepper, reminds me of a Burberry frag I don't recall the name of... Quite persistent, a strong 6 or weak 7 out of 10 in my book.

The iKon B1 was an impulse buy... Quality seems pretty good, no imperfections in the DLC and the handle knurling is crisp and defined, this is a cut above the typical Razorock IMO. The only negative I can find is when loading the blade it's quite tricky to get it perfectly aligned but once sorted it gives a very efficient if not particularity smooth shave, I'll reserve judgement as the roughness may have been the blade... Either way, BBS in 2 passes makes me suspect this one is better for 2+ days growth.

Cella aloe "dopo barba" - Same strong sent as the croap, consistency is simultaneously oily and watery, strange stuff! It absorbed quickly leaving no residue, I did notice a slight calming effect on my neck.

I'd say the new Cella aloe line are solid middle of the road products, a handy format for travel with a surprisingly strong scent ideally suited to fans of the brand and non hobbyists (normal shavers who aren't members of shaving "communities" :p)

Last edited:
Saturday 5th October

Vitos pre shave cream
Tabac Shaving Stick
Vulfix 403 'The Mayfair' Badger Brush
Ever - Ready 1912 (UK) with a Gem PTFE SS Blade
Witch Hazel
Rosehip Oil
Tabac EDC

3 passes for a 'Face Feeler' to see me through my night shift. After 6 shaves I will retire this blade. Still shaving .....but it requires a little more work.

Back
Top Bottom