SOTD: Saturday 5th January 2019 - Friday 11th January 2019

Date: 05 January 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Omega 10104 Boar 26/55mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Stirling ~ Bergamot Lavender
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Razor/Blade:- Gillette Ball End Tech K2 1965 / Vintage NOS Gillette Super Stainless (spoiler) #1
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil / WAHL Bay Rum Aftershave Splash
Fragrance:- Davidoff Cool Water Wave

The British none triangle Tech is slightly more aggressive than the US triangle Tech version which surprises me a lot. Some wet shavers say the British Gillette razors are slightly more aggressive than most US Gillette razors, I'm unable to confirm or find the correct information on the world wide web.

SOTD : 5th January 2019.

68.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Hot shower:/ L'OREAL~ Carbon Shower Total Action.

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Soap.

Brush: Chinese Synthetic.

Face Lather.

Soap : Williams Mug Shaving Soap.

Blade: Gillette ~7'0 Clock SharpEdge.(1)

Razor: Parker Variant.( Settings) wtg,3. xtg,3. atg,+pick ups 4.

Cold Water Face Rinse./ Homemade Lavender + Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ L'OREAL~ Soothing Birch Sap Post Shave Balm.

Williams ~ Aqua Velva ASL. (European Version)

Greetings,

A new shave set up to start the first weekend of 2019...Since i introduced myself to williams mug shaving soap, it's became a firm favourite of mine, it does however take some time to get the right water ratio to achieve a good lather, but with patience and a little more effort than other soaps, once you get past the airy/bubbly stage you'll be rewarded with a excellent slick lather, with a superb post shave feeling that matches soaps 10 times this soap's humble price tag.

The Parker Variant /Gillette 7'0 Clock SharpEdge it's been a while since i last used a SharpEdge blade a great match with the Parker variant ,i'll have to try a gillette (Green)Super stainless duo to see if i get the same results, I've only shaved with the (green) Super Stainless a few times...It'll be intresting to see, because the SharpEdge are one of my favourites, but both are made in Russia.

A very smooth efficient duo resulting in a 3 pass + picks BBS shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off in style with a generous splash of Aqua Velva ASL...Superb stuff.;)
clear.png

Enjoy the start of the weekend, ladies & gentlemen.
clear.png
:cool:

Last edited:
Able to combine work in Germany with pleasure the Mrs and son went with me.

And pleasure there was.....

Only what is it with German hotel Bathrooms engineers..... Mirrors too far away, terrible lighting and always that ‘shallow' sink.

But boy do I love this country, Schintzels, Beer, a liter gasoline for € 1,23, a decent autobahn,
cruising with the cruisecontrol on 190 and able to improve my Personal Record for driving car top speed of 250 (on the teller so without correction) to 11,5 minutes.

The shave every day was the standard three passes and some pick ups.

Ready for breakfast.

Have a nice day everyone.

UND Bis morgen.

On further notice:

Do not go swimming immediately after shaving.
Chlorine as aftershave splash does not work well!!!

Saturday 5th January

La Toja Magno Soap
Proraso Sensitive Preshave Cream
TOBS Coconut Shaving Cream
Yaqi 'Marble' Synthetic Barber Brush
Giles Shaving Co Bowl
Merkur 11C with a Gillette Super Thin Platinum
Witch Hazel
Palmer's Moisturiser
Old Spice AS

The 11C is a lovely little razor I can't understand why it was discontinued.
3 Passes for a super shave......with the rest of the weekend off work and some time to chill out!

Prep: Hot shower with Pears blue soap*
Pre: Proraso White pre-shave
Brush: Razorock Plissoft
Soap: OSP Spice Road
Razor: Ever Ready 1912 (USA made)
Blade: Personna Gem
ASL: Old Spice

A couple of new additions to today's squad. I picked up a beautiful ER 1912 on a well known auction site for a very reasonable price. I was a bit apprehensive when I saw the amount of blade exposure but needn't have worried as it gave a very comfortable 3 pass shave. This was undoubtedly assisted by the OSP soap which is an absolute joy. I genuinely don't think I will ever have a better shave than this. So happy, I even took a photo...

20190105_114302_20190105_114247.jpg

* Word of warning: Don't get the blue soap on the old 'town halls!' Stings like a bee hatch!!;)

Have a great weekend.

Cheers
Steve

First shave of 2019 on 5th of January

Soap: Barrister and Mann Barrister's Reserve Lavender Shaving -> I can see why it has so positive reviews, simply a lovely soap
Brush: Omega Hi Brush -> something unspectacular, fairly cheap, yet efficient with hard soaps, very pleasant to use and the wood handle feels lovely in the hand
Razor and blade: Gillette Super Speed with Gillette 7 O'Clock which is one of my best combos
AS: Saponificio Varesino Tundra Artica

All in all, a great way to start the day!

Saturday 5th January 2019 AM

Pre-shave:- Hot shower/ Nivea Sensitive Face Wash / Proraso Red Pre Shave cream
Brush:- Executive Shaving Company Medium Jock Synthetic
Soap/Cream:- OSP Barbershop vmcream
Razor/Blade:- Rockwell 6c R3 / Gillette Green (2)
Post-shave:- Thayers Cucumber / Epsilon Blue aftershave / Bart's Balm Amber and Moroccan Jasmine
EdP:- Hugo Boss Intense

a0d42943d5edafdf6c5ea59e3f9ff088.jpg

Another great shave this morning before heading off to the barbershop to get my head sharpened.

A nice 3 pass shave, using OPS's Barbershop cream. Not a strong scent but fresh. Plenty of later and a nice cushion and glide.

Finishing with Epsilon Blue gave me the wake up call I needed! Really fresh and a good hit for half an hour.

Have a great weekend folks! [emoji1303]

Back
Top Bottom