SOTD : Saturday 4th August ~ Friday 10th August 2018.

SOTD : 4th August 2018.

20.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Cool shower:/ L'OREAL~ Hydra Sensitive Birch Sap Shower Gel.

Pre:

Cold wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Lemon Flower Glycerine Soap./Bloom Water.

Brush: Omega ~11047 "Mixed Midget".

Bowl Lather.

Soap : Phoenix & Beau ~ Star Noir.

Blade: Personna~ Gem PTFE coated.(5)

Razor: Ever-Ready 1912. (USA)

Cold Water Face Rinse./ Homemade Lime, Lemon+Peppermint Oil & Menthol Crystals Witch Hazel Mixture./ Morrisons ~ Aloe Moisture Lotion.

Benjamins ~ Mentholated Bay Rum A/S Splash.

Greetings,

A new shave set up to start the bank holiday weekend..However i've had to go into work for half a shift, because of the bank holiday monday coming up..At least i don't have to work on monday..Yeah!

Maiden shave with the Phoenix & Beau Star Noir soap, first of the three P&B soaps along with a 5 pack of Shark Super Stainless blades that i won in the PIF kindly donated by @shevsky (TOM).The verdict?.Absolutetly superb!, i bloomed the soap for a few minutes in hot tap water and used the bloom water as a pre-shave,then loaded my brush up from the tub, and started to mix up a lather in my mixing bowl, adding small amounts of water until i got the consistancy that i like,one thing i will say "it's a thirsty soap",after a minute of so i had a wonderful slick protective lather for the shave,more than enough for the shave. It's scent, to my nose is mixture of spice, musk & citrus a wonderful nostalgic mature fragrance, that isn't "full on"in your face but lingers nicely throughout the shave and beyond..All in all, a fantastic soap, which was a pleasure to shave with, leaving a excellent post shave feeling to my face, what more can i say, except thanks again to @shevsky (Tom) for giving me the chance to experience this wonderful soap,i look forward to trying out the other P&B soaps in my future SOTD's. Your a true gentleman, like most of the members on TSR shaving forum.

Second outing of the Omega mixed midget brush, which performed superbly, only 4 hairs falling out of the brush throughout the full shave.The Gem PTFE blade excelled itself, with the ER 1912 another wonderfully vintage razor gifted to me by @patw still performing with smooth efficiency on its 5th and final outing..I won't push it for another shave,even though it would possibly be ok, if a blade can give me 5 sublime shaves,then i can't ask for anymore.

A very comfortable 3 pass BBS shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off in old school style with a generous splash of benjamins ~ mentholated bay rum a/s splash.:)

My face is feeling smooth, & smelling devine.;)

Enjoy the start of the long weekend, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
Prep: Floid Preshave
Bowl: Aesop by Sori Yanagi
Brush: Morris & Forndran Polo
Soap: Prep Sapona da barba
Razor: Blackland Dart
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium
AS: Floid Mentolado Virgoriso
AS Balm: Acqua di Parma Collezione Barbiere

SOTD_20180804.jpg

Best Regards
Marco

SOTD : 4th August 2018.

View attachment 37511

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Cool shower:/ L'OREAL~ Hydra Sensitive Birch Sap Shower Gel.

Pre:

Cold wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Lemon Flower Glycerine Soap./Bloom Water.

Brush: Omega ~11047 "Mixed Midget".

Bowl Lather.

Soap : Phoenix & Beau ~ Star Noir.

Blade: Personna~ Gem PTFE coated.(5)

Razor: Ever-Ready 1912. (USA)

Cold Water Face Rinse./ Homemade Lime, Lemon+Peppermint Oil & Menthol Crystals Witch Hazel Mixture./ Morrisons ~ Aloe Moisture Lotion.

Benjamins ~ Mentholated Bay Rum A/S Splash.

Greetings,

A new shave set up to start the bank holiday weekend..However i've had to go into work for half a shift, because of the coming bank holiday monday coming up..At least i don't have to work on monday..Yeah!

Maiden shave with the Phoenix & Beau Star Noir soap, first of the three P&B soaps along with a 5 pack of Shark Super Stainless blades that i won in the PIF kindly donated by @shevsky (TOM).The verdict?.Absolutetly superb!, i bloomed the soap for a few minutes in hot tap water and used the bloom water as a pre-shave,then loaded my brush up from the tub, and started to mix up a lather in my mixing bowl, adding small amounts of water until i got the consistancy that i like,one thing i will say "it's a thirsty soap",after a minute of so i had a wonderful slick protective lather for the shave,more than enough for the shave. It's scent, to my nose is mixture of spice, musk & citrus a wonderful nostalgic mature fragrance, that isn't "full on"in your face but lingers nicely throughout the shave and beyond..All in all, a fantastic soap, which was a pleasure to shave with, leaving a excellent post shave feeling to my face, what more can i say, except thanks again to @shevsky (Tom) for giving me the chance to experience this wonderful soap,i look forward to trying out the other P&B soaps in my future SOTD's. Your a true gentleman, like most of the members on TSR shaving forum.

Second outing of the Omega mixed midget brush, which performed superbly, only 4 hairs falling out of the brush throughout the full shave.The Gem PTFE blade excelled itself, with the ER 1912 another wonderfully vintage razor gifted to me by @patw still performing with smooth efficiency on its 5th and final outing..I won't push it for another shave,even though it would possibly be ok, if a blade can give me 5 sublime shaves,then i can't ask for anymore.

A very comfortable 3 pass BBS shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off in old school style with a generous splash of benjamins ~ mentholated bay rum a/s splash.:)

My face is feeling smooth, & smelling devine.;)

Enjoy the start of the long weekend, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:
The Star Noir is an excellent soap. I find the 11047 a great little travel brush; and a wee lather hog. Glad you enjoy them both...

0_DAF69_FF-186_C-4_A2_E-8_ECF-91_CAF7_C2907_E.jpg

Oneblade Core V2.0
OSP Bay Rum & A/S
YaQi Mysterious Space
Dior Sauvage EdP.

Utilising new found knowledge as provided kindly by Rob and Wayne, I opted for another shave with the Oneblade. I find I can shave far more regularly with this than I have with other razors. I think the spring will slacken a little over time to aid the movement of the head, but all was well and I shaved without fault this morning. The only gripe is it doesn't shave intuitively around a beard, so I struggle to have a clean cut outline with this.
The Dior Sauvage EdP isn't the most interesting fragrance but by Jove it works well with a bit of peppery Bay Rum in the background! Very nice combo! :)

Back
Top Bottom