SOTD : Saturday 3th - Friday 9th August 2019

SOTD : 3rd August 2019.

1.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower: L'OREAL ~ Men Expert Birch Sap Shower Gel.

Pre:

Cold wet flannel to my face. / Bloom water face wash.

Pears ~ Transparent Soap.

Brush : AP Shave Co. ~ 24mm Cashmere Synthetic.

Face Lather.

Soap : Scottish Fine Shaving Soap.

Blade: Gillette Silver Blue. (1)

Razor: Fatip Grande.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade menthol crystals +Eucalyptus peppermint,+ Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Duru ~ Mandalina Cologne.

Cien ~ Aloe Vera Body Lotion.

Greetings,

A new shave set up to start the weekend...I'll be using the scottish fine shaving soap with all my shaves for the coming week. I bought a job lot of 5 rounds/pucks from Ebay last year as a birthday present to myself of which i haven't really gave much appreciation or use.The soap is wonderful after a five minute bloom in hot tap water , then with a damp 'not Wet shaving brush i mixed vigorously with added pressure to the brush for 1-2 minutes,once the brush is loaded up with an adequate amount of soap, i start mixing in the bowl adding small amounts of water to the mixing bowl then mixing until i was passed the 'airy/bubbly' stage it started to create a rich slick protective lather,face lathering i keep lathering wetting the tips of the brush until i get it to the consistancy i like.I follow this method with all the stated soaps especially the hard & glycerin based ones I have taught myself a valuable lesson "not to judge a soap by the appearance of its lather when you first start mixing it, some shaving soaps require more time water, & attention to create a good lather than others, it's worth the extra time & effort to be rewarded with a superb shaving lather.

I haven't used a GSB blade for a while paired together with the assertive Fatip Grande was a very efficient duo mowing through my stubble effortlessly.

A comfortable 3 pass + pick ups bbs shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a generous dollop of Cein ~ Aloe Vera Body Lotion.

My face is feeling super smooth and smelling devine.
;)
;)

Enjoy the start of the weekend, ladies & gentlemen.
:cool:
:cool:

Last edited:
03/08/19
Pre shave prep: Pears Lemon Flower
Brush: Yaqi Rainbow
Soap: CR Salter Indian Sandalwood
Razor: Merkur 39C Sledgehammer
Blade: Timor (1)
Post shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, homemade Bay Rum Witch Hazel
Balm: Bart's Bergamot and Vanilla Balm & Lotion
A/S: Copycat TV

39C Yaqi RB CRS.jpg

Taking a leaf from @donnie_arko , I am using 1 soap this week, well cream actually to start making a hole in them. I have had the CRS for about 8yrs. and it has barely been used? it is a really good performing soap with a scent i like, that's the rabbit hole for you!
I am also going to use some of my DE razors as they have been neglected for some time due to my journey into Vintage and New SE razors.
I will be using 1 DE razor until blade is done. then move onto the next until I am pulled uncontrollably back to my SE's
A while back I bought a few different mixed DE blade packs and I will be running through them before I return to the many favoured 100 packs I have bought since.
A nice 3 pass shave today and a better experience than the first time I used the 39C Slant, matched with a Timor blade it gave a no issues comfortable shave, the blade does not feel extra sharp although it is smooth. Result = DFS+
I like the look of this razor and do enjoy using it.
A nice post shave routine with some indication on the neck from the block, calmed down by the Bart's Balm, finishing with the Copycat TV - still not sure about this one and Mrs TC does not like it, therefore, when the sample has gone it will not be replaced.
Have a great weekend All

03/08/19
Pre shave prep: Pears Lemon Flower
Brush: Yaqi Rainbow
Soap: CR Salter Indian Sandalwood
Razor: Merkur 39C Sledgehammer
Blade: Timor (1)
Post shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, homemade Bay Rum Witch Hazel
Balm: Bart's Bergamot and Vanilla Balm & Lotion
A/S: Copycat TV

View attachment 46181

Taking a leaf from @donnie_arko , I am using 1 soap this week, well cream actually to start making a hole in them. I have had the CRS for about 8yrs. and it has barely been used? it is a really good performing soap with a scent i like, that's the rabbit hole for you!
I am also going to use some of my DE razors as they have been neglected for some time due to my journey into Vintage and New SE razors.
I will be using 1 DE razor until blade is done. then move onto the next until I am pulled uncontrollably back to my SE's
A while back I bought a few different mixed DE blade packs and I will be running through them before I return to the many favoured 100 packs I have bought since.
A nice 3 pass shave today and a better experience than the first time I used the 39C Slant, matched with a Timor blade it gave a no issues comfortable shave, the blade does not feel extra sharp although it is smooth. Result = DFS+
I like the look of this razor and do enjoy using it.
A nice post shave routine with some indication on the neck from the block, calmed down by the Bart's Balm, finishing with the Copycat TV - still not sure about this one and Mrs TC does not like it, therefore, when the sample has gone it will not be replaced.
Have a great weekend All
I wasn't mad on the T.V. I found it a bit sweet and sickly , I had a small sample of Tom Fords Tobacco Oud and that I absolutely loved, but it is a little out of my price range unfortunately.

DSC_0054-01.jpeg

Proraso Red / Vitos Red Uberlather
Antica Barbieria Boar
Vanta Shavette
Erbe Solingen
Proraso Red Aftershave

2 pass, no prep, tepid water shave.

The Vanta arrived this morning so though I'd give it a run out, only 24 hours worth of stubble but thought what the heck, why not? The build quality is a mixed bag, the business end (all of the steel) is very nicely made with tight tolerances and a good finish but unfortunately the scales let the side down, one of the worst I've ever seen, think Gold Dollar quality... Not a big deal on a £15 razor designed for barbershops I'm sure.

Even though I've never used a shavette before the shave was sublime...But I am quite competent with a straight (if I say so myself) so that probably had something to do with it, also helps the blade corners are muted on this design ;). A really nice and comfortable experience, only annoyance was the need to rinse fairly often due to the small blade, other than that I highly recommend it - I'm the smoothest I've been in a while, BBS+ I would say.

Last edited:
Sat 3rd August.

Sterling Syn. 26mm
Sterling Baker Street
King Cobra
Schick Proline [ 5 }
Massimo Dutti A/S Lotion

Rather aptly named Razor, as in looks its stands out from the standard S/S AC/SE Razors. Being quite aggressive it is a Razor that demands your attention during a Shave, otherwise watch out. Today was rather a farewell Shave as I do not really use it enough, and I have made purchases recently that means I need to downsize the AC/SE rotation.
On my best behaviour today and concentrated on the Shave, and was rewarded with a quick and a very satisfyingly close all round Shave. I shall miss having this Razor, but it does not get the use that it deserves so I am passing it on to an accomplished Shaver, who will get the best out of it probably more frequently than I do.

IMG_0604.jpg

Last edited:
Saturday 3rd August 2019 AM
Pre-shave : Hot shower / Aqua Di Parma Colonia Shampoo and Conditioner / Molton Brown Tobacco Vanille shower gel / Proraso Red pre-shave cream
Brush : Stirling Soap Company Finest Badger
Cream : Alvarez Gomez Barberia cream
Razor / Blade : Muhle R41 / Feather (1)
Post-shave : Thayers Cucumber / Floid Vigoroso aftershave / Bart's Balm Bergamot and Vanilla/ Acqua Di Parma Colonia moisturiser
EdT : Acqua Di Parma Fico Di Amalfi

Sublime! These scents are phenomenal.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom