SOTD: Saturday 30th November- Friday 6th December 2019.

SOTD : 30th November 2019.

e.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Nivea Men Power Fresh Shower Gel.

Pre:

Warm wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Soap.

Brush: Fine ~ 24mm Synthetic.

Face Lather.

Soap : Palmolive Classic Shave Sticks. (Grated)

Blade: Rapira Platinum Lux. (1)

Razor: Wilkinson Sword Premium TTO.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Boots ~ Cucumber Facial Toner + Cucumber Moisturising Lotion.

Old Spice ~ Bearglove AS Spray.

Greetings,

To our Scottish members of TSR forum...'latha fèill Anndrais sona dhuibh'.

A new shave set up to start the weekend..The wilkinson sword TTO premium classic razor paired together with the rapira platinum lux wonderfully giving this non-aggressive TTO razor a smooth forgiving cutting edge, like other russian made blades they can sometimes feel a little tuggy on the first pass depending on what razor i paired them up with but mellow out afterwards providing a smoother cutting edge...YMMV.

The vast majority of my shave set ups are very in-expensive,today proved to me that i can always get pleasurable shaves from traditional wet shaving accessories that don't cost the earth..The humble grated palmolive classic shave stick provides a superb protective lather for a very reasonable cost, it does however make me appreciate my more expensive shaving soaps within my shaving den.

A very enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups near bbs shave with no errors to report.

Finishing to the shave off with a generous squirts of Old Spice ~ Bearglove AS Spray.

My face is feeling super smooth and smelling devine.;)

Enjoy the start of the weekend, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Today's shave:

rdt19113091kp0.jpg

- Barrister & Mann Vespers
- Semogue FA 2019 LE Finest
- Mamba with DE83 handle and Feather blade
- Denim Original aftershave

:D

Sat 30th Nov.

Omega 11137 boar
Lea Classic soap
Alu.General /Windrose handle
Schick Proline [ 1 ]
Lea Classic A/S Lotion

Three Shaves in and after many trials I think I have got the right handle for my Alu. General. I enjoyed todays Shave as the Head/ Handle combo felt nicely balanced and was easy to use in every plane. The quality of this quite quick Shave was quite good, and if I had spent more time polishing up
could have been better. I still get better finished Shaves with other Razors like my ATT SE1 and the Occams.

IMG_0316.jpg

Saturday 30th November

Real Shaving Facial Scrub
P&B Baskerville Shaving Soap
Vulfix Small Synthetic Brush
TNNSER 3D with a Gem SS Blade
Thayers Witch Hazel with Cucumber
Macadamia Oil
Pashana Original AS

A tale of 2 shaves today. For the first time ever....I could not get a P&B Soap to lather.All the lather just disappeared and I might as well have been using a fragranced shaving oil. The soap itself is about a year old and hasn't seen much use as I had some Stirling Texas on Fire (which to me smells similar) on the go. I even tried a badger and badger/boar mix with the same results. The surface of the soap looked a little glossy and I did have a little bit of a skin reaction......so perhaps it has not reacted kindly to the passage of time.

The end result was a perfect finish....just no feel good factor

Date:- 30 November 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Barrister & Mann ~ Fougere Angelique (Limited Edition)
Razor/Blade:- Feather AS-D2 / Gillette Nacet #6
Post/After-shave: T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Fragrance:- Tommy Hilfiger for Men

Date:- 30 November 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Barrister & Mann ~ Fougere Angelique (Limited Edition)
Razor/Blade:- Feather AS-D2 / Gillette Nacet #6
Post/After-shave: T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Fragrance:- Tommy Hilfiger for Men
I really like your Voldemort avatar, @SpeedyPC .it always makes me laugh. That look of ‘Oh, FFS..,now what?'

Back
Top Bottom