SOTD : Saturday 30th March - Friday 5th April. 2019.

SOTD : 30th April 2019.

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Hot shower:/ L'OREAL ~ Hydra Power Mountain Water Shower Gel.

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Soap.

Brush: Omega 10051.

Face Lather.

Soap : Scottish Fine Classic.

Blade: Parker ~ Premium Platinum. (1)

Razor: Parker 94R.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade menthol crystals +Eucalyptus peppermint,+ Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Geoffrey Beene ~ Grey Flannel ASL.

Aloe vera Gel.

Greetings,

A new shave set up to start the weekend..A welcoming return of the Parker 94R, which i passed on to a family member last year along with a W.S. Classic razor,a selection of DE blades, two shaving brushes shave sticks & various other stuff so he could ventured into the wonderful of traditional wet shaving after telling me he would like to try it out,which i encouraged him to do so advising him to start out with the wilkinson sword classic razor, until he gradually developed his shaving confidence and technique then moving on to the parker 94R,which is a more aggressive efficient DE razor.

Unknown to me however, he only shaved with the W.S. classic razor a few times and decided to go back to using Cartridge & disposable razors,probably because like a vast majority of people who first venture into the world of traditional wet shaving expecting too much, too soon and not taking into account what i told him that it has a learning curve...Anyway he returned the parker 94R, and W.S. Classic razor +DE blades feeling guilty that i set him up with the starter kit in the first place ,and didn't have the heart to tell me it wasn't for him he thanked me, however i told him to keep the w.s. boar & chinese synthetic brushes+soaps and shave sticks,because he was putting them to good use.

DE shaving isn't for everyone, i don't try to convert anyone the only humble advice I do give is, give it try if you can, and see if it works for you.

The Parker 94R is a sturdy hefty efficient lady that hold's no prisoners to face stubble, i was BBS after the 3rd pass but carried on with the pick up pass just for the sheer pleasure of the shave...A superb shave, and a very welcoming return of the parker 94R princess,which is now a permanent item again in my DE razor collection, and never again to leave my humble shaving arsenal.

A very comfortable 3 pass + pick ups bbs shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a generous dollop of Aloe Vera Gel.

My face is feeling super smooth and smelling devine.;)
;)

Enjoy the start of the weekend, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:
:cool:

Last edited:
Date: 30 March 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Platypus P&C LE 2017 26mm Bulb Manchurian White
Soap/Cream:- Mitchell's Wool Fat
Razor/Blade:- Gillette Super Adjustable S2 1972 / Vintage NOS Gillette Stainless #7
Post-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed with Tea Tree, Lavender & Peppermint / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic
Fragrance:- Proraso Wood & Spice

Tomorrow is the last day for the whole month of Mitchell's March Wool Fat shave

Pre: King of shaves shaving oil
Brush: Semogue 620
Soap: OSP Spice road
Blade: Astra SP (1)
Razor: Rockwell 6S R1
Post shave: cold water splash, homemade Witch Hazel tea tree astringent,
Balm: E45 moisturiser
Aftershave: CK ONE.

1st shave with the 6S

1st impressions?, lovely weighty razor, top quality, and well presented.
I put in the R1 plate with a new Astra SP blade, caution 1st.
A good lather from the OSP soap and Semogue brush, a drop of pre shave oil and off I went.
The R1 plate is far to mild for me, guess my skin is not that sensitive, I had a decent shave although it took a good 3 passes WTG, XTG & ATG with touch up. Still nowhere near as close as I would have preferred. Decent but not "oh yeah". Expected I suppose. No need for Alum block, a splash of astringent, moisturiser and A/S.

All in all a learning experience, on the plus side I may have another shave tonight and the plate will definitely be the R3.
I can, from my first shave with the R1 plate, recommend the razor to anyone with really sensitive skin. It did not at any point give the indication it would nick, no matter what I did.
Enjoy the weekend everyone.

30 March

Fine Platinum
Semogue 1250 boar
Merkur Progress 500 (3)
Gillette Nacet
Fine Platinum asl

Wonderful two pass shave today. The Fine soap making a lovely thick, lubricating lather with the Semogue brush. Then the Merkur Progress smoothly removing it and the stubble. A good start to the morning.

Sat 30th March

RazoRock Syn. 24mm
P & B Pall Mall
Mercer Progress LH.
Lab Blue [ 3 ]
Floid Vigoroso A/S Lotion

After what was a very good but rare DE Shave, I decided to have another one. I am a fan of Adjustable Razors so acquired some when I went back to DE Shaving, todays choice was a LH Progress. Despite having a strong beard I choose to use lower settings as I find that they work well for me, as I then get trouble free Shaves.
Todays Shave was not only smooth and comfortable, but the quality of finish was excellent too. I must make sure that in future I do include some DEs into my rotations.

Last edited:
Saturday's shave:

• Kanzy Tech clone
  • Polsilver (5)
  • Vulfix 404
  • The Gentleman's Face Care Club - Caribbean Lime cream
  • Post - Palmers Cocoa moisturiser
A dead simple and cheap shave. Back to GFCC's cream after nearly a year. Made use of their promotion of 3 pots of cream for only £9. Wonderful cream - lather's with no trouble whatsoever. Highly recommended.

Back
Top Bottom