SOTD : Saturday 30th June - Friday 6th July 2018

Date: 30 June 2018

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- RazoRock Plissoft Synth. 24/57mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Declaration Grooming ~ Colonia Balsamica
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 38C / ASCO Super Stainless (orange) #3
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic / Lucky Tiger Face Moisturizer
Fragrance:- Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male

1530340899816_FullSizeRender.jpg~SOTD~

Prep ~ Shower, Valobra Glycerlanolina Soap.
Razor ~ Kropp 8/8ths.
Soap ~ Stirling - Sheep.
Brush ~ Semouge Bodger (Taj).
Post ~ Bart's Lavender Aftershave lotion.
Scent ~ Mugler ~ Pure Havane.

A super shave with all the slip n slide I needed from the soap.
The razor Is big but not unwieldy so we got on just fine, a little nick on my chin but the alum took care of that..the whole thing was one great package, the brush the soap and the razor, it was a good shave because all of these thing's were bought together.

Have a beautiful weekend folk's... P

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    229 KB · Views: 16
SOTD: 30th June. 2018.

8.jpg
Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Imperial Leather ~ Sea minerals & Black Mint Shower Gel.

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Bloom-water face wash.

Brush: Yaqi 24mm ~ Sagrada Familia R1730 Synthetic .

Bowl Lather.

Soap : Scottish Fine Classic Shaving Soap .

Blade: Trig ~ (green/white pack) Stainless Silver Edge (1)

Razor: Frankenrazor ~ Yaqi DOC Head /Parker 24 C Handle.

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade Lemon,lime +Peppermint Oil Witch Hazel Mixture/Aloe Vera Gel.

Gillette ~ Blue A/S Lotion.

Greetings,

A new set up to start the weekend...Maiden shave wih the Yaqi Synthetic The Verdict?..Amazingly good,the 24 tuxedo knot is soft on the face, it still has a reasonable amount of backbone and created a excellent lather, the handle is just the right size for me, all in all a superb brush, at a amazingly good price.

I've carried on as i did last week using just one blade with all my SOTD's for the full week ,putting the trig ~ (green/white pack) Stainless Silver Edge to the same longevity test. Pairing it together with the frankenrazor was a wonderful efficient match resulting in a very comfortable 3 pass + pick ups silky smooth shave, with no errors to report.

Third outing of the Scottish Fine Classic shaving Soap, which i bloomed again in some hot tap water for a few minutes, before loading up the brush, and using the bloom water as a face wash, rubbing the puck directly into my stubble. When i mix my lather up i normally just use tap water, which in my region is hard, so today i tried adding some "still glaceau smart bottled water " which is vapour distilled water with added electrolytes to my mixing bowl, and the result was phonomenal!. "A FULL- ON SANTA CLAUS BEARD LATHER" the best lather that i've ever had to date..After my shave i had enough lather left to shave 6 people,& more.

The yaqi synthetic brush worked with the soap wonderfully creating a great lather. I could easily shave with this soap for the rest of my life, but like everyone else i like a variety... This is my favourite shaving soap at the moment..Outstanding!

Finishing the shave off with a generous splash of Gillette ~ Blue A/S Lotion.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling devine.
clear.png
;)

Enjoy the start of the weekend, ladies & gentlemen.
clear.png
:cool:

Last edited:
Saturday 30th June

Pears Glycerine Soap
Proraso Green Tea and Oatmeal Preshave Cream
P&B Pall Mall Soap
Yaqi 24mm 2 Band Badger Brush
Giles Shaving Co Bowl
Feather Artist Club SS with a Feather SuperPro Blade
Alum Block, Rinse and Thayers Original Witch Hazel
Aloe Vera Gel
Duru Mandalina Cologne

Two passes and a touch up for a super smooth shave. I used the alum today to check on my technique and was pleased to have no post shave irritation.
Enjoy the rest of the weekend....I know I will. My nearest and dearest is away for the weekend.......so it's beer, burgers AND pizza for me!

Last edited:
Greetings

Saturday 30th June 2018
Prep: Shower
Razor: Fatip Piccolo
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue
Brush: Thater 2 Band Fan
Soap: Tabac
Aftershave: Astral Cream (soft)
EDP: Chanel No. 19

I'm sure you are thinking that razor looks very sad...... it is! A few months ago after using it I put it in the bathroom sink together with a brass OCMM and sprayed them both with Cillit Bang which I knew full well was a powerful cleaner, my intention was to scrub them both after I had dressed, perhaps four or five minutes max. The phone rang and I answered it in my bedroom; it was an old pal and we got chatting..........you've guessed the rest. After the call I went downstairs and did not venture upstairs again until the afternoon, seven plus hours later The razor was Dove Grey and the plating ruined, the OCMM, being already down to bare brass was unaffected.

The moral being, if you use that product don't leave it on; or if you are a forgetful old bugger don't use it at all! The razor is still perfectly serviceable but now looks like s**t.

Regards
Dick.

30.6.18.JPG

Pre: Cold water face wash
Brush: SOC Boar
Soap: TOBS Sandalwood
Razor: Blackland Sabre L1
Blade: Gem Blue Star CS
IMG_20180630_093648.jpg

A wonderful start to the weekend and to hell with the warm sunny weather, I needed a sandalwood fix and TOBS is probably my favourite.
Talking of favourites, I may have just found a boar brush I like as much as the Omega 11137, although the SOC is a lather hog at the moment.
Have a great weekend everyone.

Morning shave

Olive Oil Soap
PAA Dapper Doc's
Chubby 2 Best Badger
Muhle r41
Astra SP (1)
Thayers Witch Hazel (unscented)
Nivea 2 Phase Aftershave Lotion
Acqua Di Parma Fico di Amalfi EDT

I lent my r41 to a friend for a ‘week' about 3 months ago and finally got it back yesterday. It's like having a new razor to play with. It's great! Of course, I have completely forgotten which blades worked well in it, and I can't find what I laughingly call my notes. So the experimentation can begin again. The Astra was good. Two and a bit passes for BB smooth. I will move on to the collection of Tweet blades Brian (@culcreuch) kindly sent me an age ago. Enjoy the weekend chaps.

Sat 30th June

RazoRock Plissoft 24mm
L`Occitane Cade Soap
Alu. Hawk/Windrose Handle
Schick Proline [ 8 ]
Pitralon Polar A/S lotion

As a Daily Shaver with a tough beard I tend to prefer heavier Razors than the Hawk, but I still use it. Today I felt that during the Shave it was quite harsh and was certainly tugging a bit during initial clearance work, perhaps the blade was past its best. I worked quite hard to get things right, but the quality of the overall finish was way behind that of earlier Shaves this week.

IMG_0432.jpg

20180630_095933-jpg.31555

REX Ambassador
Gillette Platinum
Maseto 24mm Finest
Fine Italian Citrus
Acqua Di Parma Colonia

Shave report: Satisfying.
biggrin.gif

Although I have two razors on loan, the Rex was calling me.
Fantastic shave with superb results. The sensation of splashing the aftershave on my face was particularly satisfying.

Finished off with a generous application of the stunning ADP Colonia.
dirol.gif

Enjoy your weekend folks.
Cheers
Rob

Back
Top Bottom