SOTD: Saturday 29th September - Friday 5th October 2018.

SOTD: 29th September 2018.

12.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ L'OREAL~ Hydra Sensitive Birch Sap Shower Gel.

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Lemon Flower Glycerin Soap.

Brush: Semogue 1470.

Face Lather.

Soap : Phoenix & Beau ~ Star Noir.

Blade: Bic ~ Chrome Platinum. (1)

Razor: Edwin Jagger ~ DE89.

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Cold Water Face Rinse./ Homemade Lime, Lemon+Peppermint Oil & Menthol Crystals Witch Hazel Mixture./ L'OREAL ~ Soothing Birch Sap Post Shave Balm.

Lattafa ~ Pure Oudi EDP.

Greetings,

A new shave set up to start the weekend..I haven't added the Bic c.p. to my blade rotation for quite a while, paired together with the EG was a superb match, resulting in a effortless 3 pass silky smooth shave with no errors to report...The p&b star noir provided me with a luxurious slick protective spice fragranced lather, which made the shave a very pleasurable experience, leaving a wonderful post shave feeling to my face.

Finishing the shave off with some generous squirts of Lattafa ~ Pure Oudi EDP to the pulse points.

My face is feeling smooth & smelling devine.
clear.png
;)

Enjoy the start of the weekend, ladies & gentlemen.
clear.png
:cool:

29 September

Pannacrema Nuàvia Blu
Razorock 24mm Plissoft
iKon Deluxe DLC
Personna med prep
Bart's Bergamot and Vanilla balm

0B582E62-9852-485C-8C20-C48CD113DCBD.jpeg
Pannacrema Nuàvia Blu is an interesting soap in that it is a brown colour, and a little unpleasant to look at. Fortunately it is redeemed by a fabulous aroma and the creamiest of lathers. Worth the money? I think so. Smooth shave finished with the last of the Bart's balm sample, more in the post. Another wildly self-indulgent twenty minutes in the bathroom.

Pre: Warm water splash
Brush: Simpson Duke 3
Soap: The Sudsy Soapery Uplift
Razor: Cobra Classic
Blade: Schick Proline P

IMG_20180929_103510.jpg
After yesterday's very enjoyable frugal shave I thought I'd choose some favourites:
The Cobra
4711 and:
The Uplift soap is only in its second use but it deserves it position.
The veggie base was already high up in my estimation and now the tallow, skin care extraordinaire.
Why aren't more people using their soaps?
The Duke 3 is new to me (cheers @ajc347) and it may well become a favourite.

Last night's SOTD.[emoji41]

d88920de68db6d0212512c7326b71c38.jpg

My first time with the Muhle 70th Anniversary Synthetic Brush, the Rocnel Elite Razor and Noble Otter Barbarr soap.

All three products were amazing. The brush has a STF v2 23mm knot and a very heavy chromed metal base. Whilst I'm not sure, I suspect by the weight of the base it's likely to be made of brass. It's seriously heavy and took a bit a getting used to. The grey resin is polished to a finer level than a standard MÜHLE handle and I'm not sure whether this is a good thing as the handle felt a bit too slippery at times. This is the only fault I could find with this brush.

Onto the Rocnel. This razor was designed to use Feather blades so (that's) what I used. It mowed down a weeks worth of stubble with ease and is a very smooth razor. Whilst I'd have to test them side by side, it felt like it could well be smoother than my Timeless 0.95 SB. This razor is incredibly well made and is most definitely a keeper.

The soap was awesome as well. It's up there with B&M, Wholly Kaw and P&B in terms of slickness and gave a great post-shave feel.

I deliberately didn't use a pre-shave oil as I was testing new products and definitely didn't need to with this soap and razor combination.

Have a great weekend guys. [emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saturday 29th September

D R Harris Lavender Shave Stick
YaqI Chianti 24mm Synthetic
Ikon 102 Slant / Windrose Handle
Gillette Silver Blue (2)
Lavender witch hazel (home mix)
Floid Mentolado Vigoroso
Dunhill Fresh EdT

A very enjoyable and relaxing Saturday morning shave.
The Ikon 102 / Silver Blue pairing were as efficient as I have experienced from any razor / blade combo.
D R Harris lather was spot on, easily whipped up with the little YaqI synthetic.
Finishing with Floid followed my Dunhill Fresh EdT.
I've got the house to myself for the rest of the day, - Motown on YouTube . . .

Enjoy your shaves one and all

Saturday 29th September

Heno de Pravia Glycerine Soap
Proraso Red Pre Shave Cream
RazoRock Puros Soap
Yaqui 24mm Maggards 70/30 2 band Badger/Boar reknot
Razorine Full DE Shavette with a 7 O'Clock Black
Alum and rinse
Dickinson's Witch Hazel
Arko Classic Cream Moisturiser
Vitos Tobacco AS

Perfect BBS finish today.