SOTD: Saturday 29th June - Friday 5th July 2019.

SOTD: 29th JUNE 2019.

5.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ L'OREAL ~ Birch Sap Shower Gel.

Pre:

Cold wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Lemon Flower Extracts Transparent Soap.

Brush: Yaqi ~ Naples synthetic.

Bowl: Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.

Bowl Lather.

Soap: OSP ~ Neroli.

Blade: Personna ~ Gem PTFE coated 'Modified'.(1)

Razor: Valet ~ Auto strop VC1.

Thayers ~ Rose Petal Witch Hazel./ 4711 ~ Original Eau DE Cologne Aftershave.

Aloe Vera Gel.

Greetings,

A new shave set up to start the weekend...It's been a while since i last added the OSP Neroli to my shaving soap rotation after a 5 minute bloom in hot water , it provided me with a luxurious slick protective lather for my shave and a superb post shave feeling to my face.

Maiden shave of the Valet Auto Strop VC1 which i bought as a replacement for my previous one, which to total misfortune one of the blade stops broke off when i was carefully cleaning it making it dangerous and beyond use.The new vintage lady has no defects especially the blade stops which are both even with no flaws,as is the overall condition, hopefully this one will last me beyond two outings so i can get aquainted to this wonderful vintage SE razor and get some sublime shaves from her..'All my razors are ladies, that get the upmost care attention, and respect'.

Regardless if the razor is new vintage, loaned, returned to me i soak the 'head only' for 5 minutes in near boiling water to remove any nasties ,then carefully clean it with dettol anti-baterial soap & a toothbrush,and finally rinsed then a gentle polishing with a clean cloth,and few drop of wahl hair clipper oil to the moving parts of the razor,i also sometimes give my razors a quick soak in cold water/barbicide mix, but decided not to with my new Auto Strop as i wasn't sure if it would have a reaction with the coating..Besides the near boiling water & anti-baterial soap will have removed any living germs.

The verdict?..As like my previous VC1 i found my shaving angle after a few seconds and was instantly in charge and at ease with this vintage lady...However,like any other razor i shave with either vintage,modern aggressive or non-aggressive is worthy of no pressure and much respect considering it's blade gap,if not this vintage lady will bite me.

A comfortable 3 pass + pick ups near bbs maiden shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a generous dollop of Aloe Vera Gel.

My face is feeling super smooth and smelling old school devine.
;)
;)

Enjoy the start of the weekend, ladies & gentlemen.
:cool:

image.jpeg

Shave Of The Day. 29th June

Prep ~ Valobra Glicerlanolina soap
Razor ~ Gillete tech 1940s
Blade ~ Wizamet Polsilver Stainless
Soap ~ Oatcake - Almond Cream
Brush ~ Semogue 2018 LE Badger
Post - ABC Apricot hull aftershave lotion
Scent ~ Minotaure - Paloma Picasso

A super smooth shave from my fat handled English flat bottom tech and the wonderful Almond Cream soap from Oatcake with it's thick n slick lather.
A perfect way to start the day!

Have a great weekend folks.....P.

[IMG]

[IMG]

Two Pass Shaving Routine..

Hot Water Prep & Massage with Argan Oil
NOS SCHMIDT Elberfield Solingen 3/4 Hollow 6/8th
Hans Baier Silver Tip
Valobra Tallow Soap
Humphreys Witch Hazel

I Had a Morning Shave with My SCHMIDT Solingen 6/8th this Morning..This is a Beautiful Top Tier Solingen Blade..My Skin is as Polished as a Pair of Guardsman's Drill Boots.
:D

I Am Dolphin Smooth & Refreshed..:boxing:

Billy..
:chores016:

29/06/19

Razor: Oneblade Core
Blade: FHS-10 (4)
Brush: Yaqi 26mm Timberwolf
Soap: Lea Superlather
Pre: Pears Blue
ASB: Nivea 2 Phase

1.5 days of growth to give the FHS-10 a bit more of a test. I say test, my current growth is probably equivalent to a normal person's 1 day growth!!

We're taking the girls on to a cliff today to watch the Red Arrows and some other displays for Armed Forces Day. An important day for us as our family is deeply linked with both the RAF and the RN through current and past generations. Great to see our cities and forces come together as a reminder of the great British spirit and values that we often overlook in today's busy world.

Back on to the shave. A blue colour theme today in support of the RN. A much better finish with the Oneblade today. Very happy with the result. I've had 4 shaves out of the FHS-10 blade now and I think I'll leave it successfully at that. Be interesting to see how a new blade performs with my improved technique.

The Lea superlather was great with slick lather galore.

Hope you all have a great weekend! For those of you in the UK trying to think of something to do, there's plenty of these Armed Forces events in various cities and kids absolutely love them!
74bf1d4fe045fe8dc9eee6d652be5d47.jpg

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Saturday afternoon

OSP Neroli
RazoRock Plissoft 24mm synth
Face lather
Gillette Fat Handle Tech (Flat Bed, England, 1948)
Shark SS #1
Thayer's Rose Petal and Aloe Vera
Pitralon Classic after shave

A belter today. My first use of a Shark blade ( a call goes out to my good friend @StrummerShave for the pif); and not a bad blade it is. It doesn't have the killer instinct of a Feather; but does deliver a smooth experience. 3 passes and a bit buffing. All good.

F6E2038C-4A9B-467D-BCB9-6184CA327C31.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom