SOTD: Saturday 29th December 2018 - Friday 4th January 2019.

Today's shave:

rdt181229.jpg

- I Coloniali Mango
- Kent BK4
- Game Changer .84 with DE87 handle and ASP blade
- Brut Original aftershave

:D

SOTD : 29th December 2018.

64.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Hot shower:/ L'OREAL~ Carbon Shower Total Action.

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Soap. .

Brush: Semogue 830.

Face Lather.

Soap : La Toja Shave Stick.

Blade: Bolzano Superinox.(4)

Razor: Muhle R41.

Cold Water Face Rinse./ Homemade Lavender + Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Wilko ~ Moisturiser.

La Toja ~ ASL.

Greetings,

A new shave set up to start the last weekend of 2018...I recently had a maiden shave with the La Toja shave stick, and was very impressed by this non-tallow spanish sinorita's performance, it's slickness, glide and protection are excellent along with it's fresh, 'not- in-your-face' fragrance,it's only early days but i can see this soap becoming another regular favourite with my SOTD set ups...Today i put it to the test with my muhle R41, which resulted in an efficient 3 pass + pick ups BBS shave with no errors to report...The R41 german made a fraulein is wonderful efficient,yet smooth razor...A very comfortable enjoyable shave, to finish the last weekend of 2018.

The Bolzano Superinox blade totally excelled the shave, on it's 4th use it still performed with smooth effciency, with no feeling of dragging or bluntness..I'm well impressed by these blades...Can i take it to a 5th use?...For my curiosity i'm going to push the boat out and give it try.

Finishing the shave off with a generous splash of matching La Toja ~ ASL.

My face is feeling smooth, & smelling devine.
clear.png
;)

Enjoy the start of the weekend, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:
clear.png

Last edited:
Saturday 29th December

Pears Glycerine Soap
Proraso Sensitive Preshave
Palmolive Sensitive Shaving Cream
Omega S10083 Brush
Turkish Copper Shaving Bowl
Q-Shave adjustable (3,3,4) with a SuperMax Blue Diamond Platinum
Witch Hazel
Palmer's for Men Moisturiser
Benjamins Bay Rum with Pimento

A lovely 3 pass shave for a good start to the day:)

SOTD: 29/12/18

View attachment 40341

I recommend everyone should try an Ever Ready 1912. Superb shave with very little outlay.
Have a wonderful weekend chaps. :)
'

'I recommend everyone should try an Ever Ready 1912'...i wholeheartedly agree with you. This year i was kindly gifted a Every Ready 1912 (USA) by @patw , which has been the pleasurable introduction highlight of 2018..Since then ive added a E.R.1912 (UK) E.R.1914 (brass) (USA) & a E.R. 1924 (USA) to my den all shave with such wonderful efficient smoothness. :)

Last edited:
'

'I recommend everyone should try an Ever Ready 1912'...i wholeheartedly agree with you. This year i was kindly gifted a Every Ready 1912 (USA) by @patw , which has been the pleasurable introduction highlight of 2018..Since then ive added a E.R.1912 (UK) E.R.1914 (brass) (USA) & a E.R. 1924 (USA) to my den all shave with such wonderful efficient smoothness. :)
I too fell in love with the 1912 the minute I was introduced to it and indeed gone on to buy the 1914, 1924 and the streamline which is a different animal all together.
I find the 1912 UK is more efficient than the 1912 US but as always YMMV.

Have a great New Year... :)

I too fell in love with the 1912 the minute I was introduced to it and indeed gone on to buy the 1914, 1924 and the streamline which is a different animal all together.
I find the 1912 UK is more efficient than the 1912 US but as always YMMV.

Have a great New Year... :)
I agree the 1912 (UK) is more efficient, but on equal par with the US version with it's smoothness...Have a great New Year too.:)

Sat 29th Dec.

Cyril Salter / Maseto ED Two Band
Tabac Stick
Alu Hawk with Windrose S/S Handle
Schick Proline [ 8 ]
La Toja A/S Lotion

The Razor/Soap etc used in this Shave may be in the Budget Category, but the actual Shave was not. Using the extra ingredients of time and care, I had a most enjoyable trouble free Shave the finish of which is the equal of those I have attained with my more expensive Razors/Soaps. I am on my 3rd outing with the Badger brush, and it really works the soap on the face to get a great Lather.

IMG_0309.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom