SOTD : Saturday 27th October - Friday 2nd November 2018.

SOTD : 27th October 2018.

28.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Hot shower:/ L'OREAL~ Hydra Sensitive Birch Sap Shower Gel.

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Soap. / Bloom water.

Brush: Omega 49 Pro.

Face Lather.

Soap : Williams mug Shaving Soap.

Blade: Rapira ~ Swedish Supersteel .(1)

Razor: Fatip Grande.

Cold Water Face Rinse./ Homemade Lavender + Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Nivea Men ~ 2 Phase + Body Shaving ASL.

Greetings,

Another early morning start i have to do a weekend shift at the mill...

A new shave set up to start the weekend...Since i've re-introduced myself to the williams mug shaving soap, i've had consistantly acceptable slick protective lather results..The 5-10 minutes soak in very hot water makes all the difference, rubbing it directly into my stubble like a 'shave stick' then face lather with a damp brush, adding water to the tips of the brush when required,once past the bubbly/foamy stage your rewarded with a nice protective slick lather..i understand why williams is a love/hate soap, but with a little bit of effort and stick with it, you'll love this classic old school soap..the post shave feeling that it provide for me is superb, you just have to keep lathering until your past the bubbly/foamy stage.

I've carried on with another russian made blade that i haven't used for a long time, paired together with the fatip grande wonderfully resulting in a 3 pass + pick ups very efficient near BBS shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a generous dollop of Nivea Men ~Body Shaving ASL.

My face is feeling smooth, & smelling devine.;)
clear.png

Enjoy the start of the weekend, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:
clear.png

Pre: Warm water splash
Brush: S_jagger Zebrano 24mm ST
Soap: T&H Sandalwood
Razor: Pils 101NE (on loan)
Blade: Gillette Nacet
IMG_20181027_093414.jpg

I deliberately haven't shaved with the Pils for a few days for a couple of reasons.
I wanted to see if the break took me back to day one, or if finding the angle on my neck remained as natural as it was by day three.
I was also curious about how it would cope with only about 15 hours growth, i.e. my normal Saturday morning.
Well it passed both tests with flying colours, this is a very good razor indeed.
Happy Shaving one and all.

Morning shave

Olive Oil Soap
Squadron Soap ‘The Warden'
Omega 11137
Blackland Blackbird (on loan)
Polsilver SI (1)
Humphreys Witch Hazel
Knize Ten EDT

Well I was hoping to have a good shave with the Blackbird. A shave where I could think, yes it's a very good razor, something I may purchase sometime in the future. But oh no. I had a fantastic shave. There is some blade feel, but the shave was extremely smooth, and remarkably efficient. I get what some members have said about a slight sucking sensation, as if a vacuum Is being generated around the blade. That makes no sense at all. But I know what I mean. Many thanks to the generously spirited @Blademonkey for the loan of the razor. Your a star Paul.

Sat 27th October

RazoRock Syn 22mm
Williams Expert , Ice Blue/ Menthol cream
Mongoose B3
Schick Proline [ 2 ]
Lemon Chill/ By Electrif.

My second use of a Williams Cream,this one gifted by Arthur @Electrif , along with his Lemon Chill splash.
As usual I used too much Cream which has more kick than Ingrams. With a thick creamy Lather, It was easy to have a smooth Shave with the Mongoose, the overall finished Shave
being very good. The Shave was rounded off with Arthurs Splash, which has a Turkish Cologne base ,certainly wakes you up.

IMG_0292.jpg

Sat 27th October

RazoRock Syn 22mm
Williams Expert , Ice Blue/ Menthol cream
Mongoose B3
Schick Proline [ 2 ]
Lemon Chill/ By Electrif.

My second use of a Williams Cream,this one gifted by Arthur @Electrif , along with his Lemon Chill splash.
As usual I used too much Cream which has more kick than Ingrams. With a thick creamy Lather, It was easy to have a smooth Shave with the Mongoose, the overall finished Shave
being very good. The Shave was rounded off with Arthurs Splash, which has a Turkish Cologne base ,certainly wakes you up.

View attachment 39143
Thanks for the tag Mike, pleased it worked for you. :)

Saturday 27th October

A themed shave for me today.
My village is kicking off events leading up to Armistice Day with a WW1 Homecoming Ball. A Champagne Reception followed by Dinner and an evening of Music and Song. I decided to try to recreate a shave suitable for the occasion just as if I was attending 100 years ago.

Carbolic Soap pre wash
Erasmic Bowl Soap (Established 1886)
Ever-Ready 1912 Pattern razor (English) with a Gem SS Blade
Ever-Ready 34 (English) Boar Brush
Pashana Original AS (Established 1910)

A really nice BBS shave in 3 passes but I think the Pashana is strong enough to neutralise any lingering odours from the Western Front!

Back
Top Bottom