SOTD : Saturday 27th June - Friday 03th July 2020

SOTD : 27th June 2020.

37.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower / Original Source ~ Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:

Cold wet flannel to my face.

Wilko ~ Men's Face Wash + shaving Oil.

Brush: Yaqi ~ Naples 24mm Synthetic.

Face Lather.

Soap : Wilkinson Sword Shave Stick.

Blade: Chinese Gillette Wilkinson Sword .(1)

Razor: Merkur~ 39C.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade peppermint eucalyptus, Tea Tree , lemon essential Oils + menthol crystals Witch Hazel Mixture./ 4711 ~ Cologne Aftershave .

Wilko ~ Men's Moisturiser.

Greetings,

A new shave set up to start the weekend...Carrying on using my slant razors ,and maiden shave with the chinese made GWS which i've had for a long time and have yet to try due to me reaching for the indian made version...This week i thought i would compare them with each other.

When i first shaved with the Merkur 39c,Like it's smaller sibling i expected it to be overly aggressive consider it's hefty weight , it was the complete opposite to what i thought, both razors are a joy to shave with and have gave me close comfortable shaves with very little effort. However the golden rule with the 39c & 37c, which applies with any razor infact!, is not to apply any pressure when shaving. If anything the extra weight is a added bonus especially with the 39c. My first few shaves with the longer handle on the 39c took a outings for me to adjust but in time it felt comfortable and natural to hold just like it's sibling.

The Chinese GWS /39C made another smooth efficient duo.

A enjoyable 3 pass +pick ups near BBS shave with no errors to report.

Finishing to the shave off with a generous dollop of Wilko ~ Men's Moisturiser.

My face is feeling super smooth and smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Blademonkey

Supporter
Supporter
image.jpeg

SOTD 27rh June 2020

Razor - Feather AS-D1
Blade - Feather Hi Stainless
Soap - Cyril R. Salter solid shaving soap
Brush - Alpha Outlaw Ti Silvertip
Post - Thayers Astringent
Frag - Guerlain - Jicky edp

The Feather AS-D1 is a very capable razor especaly when paired with a Feather blade.
The soap from Cyril R. Salter is also very capable of producing a stable slick creamy lather at a price that is astounding .
Using these two often overlooked items I was able to get a stella shave, leaving only super smooth skin.
I thought I would treat myself to a few sprays of the wonderful Jicky, now perfectly shaved and smelling great ! :cool:

Wishing you all a fabulous weekend.

Paul.

27/06/20

Razor: ATT S1
Blade: Feather (1)
Brush: Yaqi Rainbow
Soap: PAA Cavendish
Pre: Proraso Red
ASL: Signature Soaps Eboracum
ASB: Proraso Blue

IMG_20200627_085601.jpg

Lovely smelling soap. I always forget how good this Yaqi Rainbow brush is. Eboracum splash is really nice to use. The sharp scent from the peppermint and a light cooling effect that's chased by the woody and smokier note of the cedarwood.

Top Bottom