SOTD : Saturday 27th - Friday 2nd August 2019

SOTD : 27th JULY 2019.

1.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ L'OREAL ~ Men Expert Birch Sap Shower Gel.

Pre:

Cold wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Soap.

Brush : Omega S10018.

Bowl : Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.

Bowl Lather.

Soap : Erasmic Shaving soap Bowl.

Blade: Gillette Wilkinson sword. (Saloon Pack) (1)

Razor: Ming Shi 2000s (Settings) wtg 3, xtg,3atg + pick ups 3.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade menthol crystals +Eucalyptus peppermint,+ Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Boots ~Freshwood ASL + ASB.

Greetings,

A new shave set up to start the weekend..i haven't shaved with the ming shi 2000s for a while,so i've kept all the passes + pick ups on setting 3 which mowed down my two days growth effortlessly.Setting 3 worked really well for me to get re-aquainted with this very efficient chinese made lady again.

The erasmic shaving soap bowl provided me with workable slick protective lather,the soap doesn't get top marks for it's fragrance,but makes up for it's performance, once it's been bloomed in hot tap water for 5 minutes.

A very efficient razor & blade duo that cut through my stubble effortlessly.

I won't deny the fact that i have a great fondness for indian made shaving products.The gillette-wilkinson sword (saloon pack) blades are another great favourite of mine i find these blades very sharp, durable and consistent with no signs of dulling...However, they can feel a little harsh on the first few shaves, and may cause irritation to people with sensitive skin...I've also got some chinese made equivalent,which i find pretty much the same in blade feel & longevity. As with all of my blades aggressive or non-aggressive before shaving with them i give them a quick hand strop to remove any hidden burrs 'or imaginary ones, this seems to tone down the harshness and cause no irritation..YMMV as they say.

A comfortable 3 pass + pick ups bbs shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a generous dollop of Boots ~Freshwood ASB.

My face is feeling super smooth and smelling devine.
;)
;)

Enjoy the start of the weekend, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:
:cool:

Sat 27th July

Cyril Salter /Maseto ED. 2band
P & B Spitfire
Occams V2- medium plate
Schick Proline [ 7 ]
P & B Spitfire A/S splash

As I did not wish to aggravate the scratches on my cheek caused by me getting blade alignment wrong, I decided to stick to the Occams. This Razor on a medium setting delivers a smooth and comfortable Shave for me every time , but also clears away all my " Need to Shave Daily" stubble without any problems. Probably one of my best AC/SE purchases, as it looks belie its performance.

IMG_0595.jpg

Last edited:
Date:- 27 July 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Edwin Jagger Synth. v2.0 Silvertip Fibre Faux Horn 25/58mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Wickham 1912 ~ Classic 24
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Razor/Blade:- Karve CB SS 'D' / Vintage NOS Gillette Super Stainless (spoiler) #1
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10), Lavender (15) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Fragrance:- Dolce&Gabbana The One for Men

Both Karve 'Christopher Bradley' in Brass and Stainless Steel is a real keeper in my den for life. The stainless steel top cap feels smoother than the brass, I'm not too overly fuss about that, however, the quality of the shave is FANTASTIC with the stainless steel which is less heavy than the brass version and the balance of the stainless steel is also fantastic in my hand.

I'm very very happy to have both Karve 'Christopher Bradley' in Brass and Stainless Steel, every penny is worth it. Trust me! go ad get yourself a Karve 'Christopher Bradley' in Brass or Stainless Steel of your choice.

Shaving tackle for trip to Amsterdam & Bruges

Valobra shave stick
Muhle STF
Gillette tech aluminium
Rapira Swedish Supersteel
MFK APOM cologne

This set up provided me with easy no fuss shaves the star of the show being the Valobra which is now down to a small nub. The Valobra was a fiver when I purchased it now up to eight quid so will probably get another make, probably Spieck.

Saturday 27th July

Pears Glycerine Soap
MWF Shaving Soap
Semogue SOC Boar Brush
MÜHLE R41 (2011) with a SuperMax Blue Diamond Platinum
Alum and Rinse
Witch Hazel
Mitchell's Unperfumed Moistuiser
Heno de Pravia Agua de Colonia

2 passes for a perfect finish with only a little sting from the alum. I wouldn't call it a perfect shave as I was a little bit 'on edge'. Its ages since I last used this razor and I was just pleased it finished with no 'mishaps'.

Enjoy the weekend. At least for me.....the temperatures are more bearable!

27/07/19
Pre Shave Prep: Pears Lemon Flower
Brush: Semogue 1460 Boar
Soap: Erasmic soap bowl
Razor: Feather AS-D2
Blade: Astra (3)
Post shave: Alum Block, cold water splash,
Balm: Superdrug AS Balm
Aftershave: CK One

20190727_091346.jpg

Not a good lather today and i resulted to reloading the brush between passes and face lathering from the soap bowl, It was better without the pre shave soap, so I do not think the Erasmic likes boar brushes as it flourished with the synth brush.
Luckily I had the ever dependable AS-D2 on had with an Astra SP loaded, very dependable, very efficient and very comfortable.
3 Passes for a BBS finish, nothing from the block and an OK post shave with the Superdrug balm and the nice CK one EDT.
Just need to get out of Sunderland as its the International Airshow weekend and after 30 Years living with it on my doorstep I would rather not be here, plus my little dogs hate it and it drags the dregs down to the sea front from all around the North East
Have a great weekend All

Shaving tackle for trip to Amsterdam & Bruges

Valobra shave stick
Muhle STF
Gillette tech aluminium
Rapira Swedish Supersteel
MFK APOM cologne

This set up provided me with easy no fuss shaves the star of the show being the Valobra which is now down to a small nub. The Valobra was a fiver when I purchased it now up to eight quid so will probably get another make, probably Spieck.

Enjoy ;)

• Charcoal lvl2 Stainless Steel
  • Lord Classic (4)
  • J&T Marblewood - Tuxedo 26mm
  • Stirling G&T on the Rocks
  • Encre Noire
A very smooth shave, but a bit less than the previous one, as i was less attentive and i still can feel very slight stubble where i was not taking care to keep the head in the right angle.
The G&T seems to be inspired on a Gordon, or a London Gin, no fun at all, why not a Bombay one, that pallet of spices would have been nice! Now we got a bland soap, not much smell, and what you get is a bit flat. also not very cold for an 'on the rocks' version, around de MitA as non glacial version, maybe even slightly less.
The Encre Noire fills up the empty space with ease, a good start of the weekend ;-)

Back
Top Bottom