SOTD : SATURDAY 26TH OCTOBER - FRIDAY 1 NOVEMBER 2019

SOTD : 26th October 2019.

e.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Hot shower:/ Original Source ~ Fresh Water Mint & Guarana Shower Gel.

Pre:

Cold wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Soap.

Brush: Omega 10051.

Face Lather.

Soap : "What The Puck?!"~ Lime Burst.

Blade: Derby Premium.(1)

Razor: Ming Shi 2000s. (Settings) 2. wtg, 2.5 xtg, 3. atg+pick ups .

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade Homemade Lavender + Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture. Witch Hazel Mixture./ Selin ~ Turkish Lemon Cologne.

Aloe Vera Gel.

Greetings,

A new shave set up to start the weekend.

After a 5 minute bloom in hot tap water the WTP?! soap provided a wonderful slick lather for the shave, dipping the tips of the brush in water between each pass, leaving a superb post shave feel.

I've continued using blades, that i've infrequently used in my shaving den.It's been a while since i last shaved with the derby premium blade..When i first start ventured into the wonderful world of traditional wet shaving i had a very horrible experience with a derby extra blade,which resulted in giving me a nasty bite i was a little apprehensive using the derby premium on it's maiden shave but after the first few seconds of starting the shave i gained confidence very quickly because i now know if a blade is suited to my skin type or not in a few seconds the derby premium i find very smooth with no tugging issues with a smooth efficient edge, which is completely different to it's sibling the derby Extra,however thinking back now it was my 100% lack of technique & shaving confidence that probably resulted in the nasty bite i encountered from the derby extra when i first started out..I still have a few in my vast assortment of DE blades, which i'll add to my blade rotation in future shaves.

The derby premium paired together very comfortably with my Ming Shi 2000s, with the lightest of touch both the razor & blade was a smooth duo slicing through my stubble with effortless ease.

A enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report.

Finishing to the shave off with a generous dollop of Aloe Vera Gel.

My face is feeling super smooth and smelling devine.;)

Enjoy the start of the weekend, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
oxF5GnT.jpg

Pre-Shave: Kiss my Face Olive Oil Soap, cold water
Razor: Rex Ambassador (1.5/1)
Blade: Voskhod (1)
Brush: Shavemac ATG 2017 LE
Lather: APR Bombora
Post-Shave: Alum, Thayers Original Alcohol Free Witch Hazel, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil​

Bowl/Scuttle:- Glass shaving bowl
Brush:- A very old Boots bristle brush, must have bought it late 1980s
Soap/Cream:- Palmolive shave stick
Razor/Blade:- Wilkinson DE Classic and Dorco (1)
Post/After-shave: Cocoa Butter/Lotion
Fragrance:- Lacoste

Shave number 1 with the new Wilkinson and a new Dorco blade from Sainsburys.

The razor costs around £15 including some Wilkinson blades. The handle is made of chromed brass, the head is zamak. The operation of the butterfly head is smooth and the handle is nice and long, that is why I have started using it in place of my usual razor, a Gillette Tech. Must admit that I am not a lover of bright chrome on razors, I think it looks and feels cheap, I would rather Wilkinson had left it as unplated brass, perhaps with a retro finish like the fountain pen in this pic.

I had been using a Shark chrome blade, got to 8 shaves and it was still going strong, getting better if anything, but I had a look at it and it was going rusty, so time to go.

The Sainsbury Dorco blade and Wilkinson combination produced an excellent smooth shave.

wilk.jpg

Brass.jpg

Today's shave:

rdt191026jcklt.jpg

- Declaration Grooming Weinstrasse
- Maseto Classic 2-Band
- MÜHLE Hexagon with Feather blade
- Tüff sensitiv AS

:D

"Weinstrasse" is German for "wine street". From the artisan's description of the soap: "Founded by German immigrants searching for a new home after fleeing an authoritarian rule in the 19th century, the Missouri Rhineland is named after its German counterpart due to the similar rich, fertile soil along the sloping banks of the Missouri River. The Missouri Weinstrasse features many wineries with sweet, white wines in the German tradition, along winding countryside roads." I must say it kind of works; the scent is a tart, green, sweet fougère, slightly musty and with a hint of something that reminds me of candlewax. So it really is a bit like standing in an old wine cellar, having a taste.

Nivea deep cleaning face wash / shower
GFCC Premium cream
Recycled T&H bowl (my nice Executive Shaving handmade one had an argument with the sink and fortunately lost - I think it's plastic bowls only from here on)
AP Shave Co Synbad brush
Mach 3 with nice handle from Etsy

Gilette Aftershave Gel - I used to use this years ago but never see it anymore. Got it on holiday in the States and should have got more. Think its Cool Waves though not labelled as such. Very refreshing. It stung like hell after a DE shave but feels very pleasant after a cartridge shave. Those type of Gillette gel / balms have all but vanished from the supermarkets & discount shops. Anyone still find them anywhere, let me know!
B795C966-1A0E-470E-AA48-ED5F9A1989FE.jpeg

Saturday 26th October

Wickham 1912 Russian Leather
YaqI Chianti 24mm Synthetic
Rockwell 6C R4
GSB (2)
Vitos Tobacco Aftershave
Aramis EdT

A relaxed Saturday morning shave - I've got the house to myself.
The postIe delivered my Aramis EdT this morning, so Russian Leather was my soap of choice. This soap Is one of my favourites- it was my first 1912 soap, and always performs impeccably.
GSB on it's second use is still very sharp and smooth - for me, better than Gillette Platinum.
In the absence of a leather scented aftershave, I went with Vitos Tobacco (closest I have to leather)
Finished with a liberal spraying of Aramis - I'm ready for the rest of the day

As I have the house to myself my shaving tune today was courtesy of Blue Oyster Cult

Enjoy your weekend all

26/10/2019
Pre: Pears Transparent Original
Brush: Alpha Titanium Outlaw G4
Soap: Arran Lochranza
Razor: Supply V2 Custom 2-Dot
Blade: Personna (2)
Post shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, Homemade Astringent
Balm: Arran Lochranza
Aftershave: Arran Lochranza

Sat.JPG
A very nice 3 pass shave today, everything working really well.
I will be using this set up for a few days.
Well done England getting into the final.
Have a great weekend all.

Back
Top Bottom