SOTD : Saturday 25th August - Friday 31st August 2018

Date: 25 August 2018

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Maseto 2 Band Finest Badger Horn 30/54mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Barrister & Mann ~ Promises
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Razor/Blade:- British Ever Ready Streamline SE / GEM Personna SS PTFE Coated #4
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic / Lucky Tiger Face Moisturizer
Fragrance:- Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male

SOTD : 25th August 2018.

11.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ L'OREAL~ Hydra Sensitive Birch Sap Shower Gel.

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Pears ~ Transparent Mint Extracts Glycerin Soap.

Brush: Yaqi 24mm ~ Sagrada Familia R1730 Synthetic.

Bowl Lather.

Soap Wickham 1912 ~ Irish Fern. (Sample)

Blade: Personna ~ Lab Blue .(1)

Razor: Parker 92R.

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Cold Water Face Rinse./ Homemade Lime, Lemon+Peppermint Oil & Menthol Crystals Witch Hazel Mixture./Asda ~ Kind & Gentle Light Moisturiser.

Old Spice ~ Original A/S lotion.

Greetings,

Another half shift at the mill due to the bank holiday weekend..at least i don't have to work the monday.

A new shave set up to start of the bank holiday weekend...It's been a while since my Parker 92R had a outing, paired up together with the personna lab blue was a wonderful duo ,resulting in a excellent 3 pass + pick ups dfs with no errors to report.

The wickham 1912 Irish Fern soap sample provided a wonderful slick protective lather for the shave & a nice post shave feeling to my face.
Out of all the sample soaps & creams fragrances the OSP & Wickham 1912 are my personal favourites,their scents linger throughout each pass, and are still present even after i've rinsed my face with cold water..Superb.

Finishing the shave off with a generous splash of old Spice ~ Classic a/s.

My face is feeling smooth & smelling devine.
clear.png
;)

Enjoy the start of the bank holiday weekend, ladies & gentlemen.
clear.png
:cool:

Morning shave

Olive Oil Soap
P&B Trafalgar
Chubby 2 Best Badger
Gillette Fatboy
Gillette Super Stainless (Aussie Spoiler) (1)
Thayers Witch Hazel (unscented)
Heeley Sel Marin EDP

Off to visit friends on the south coast today so I though that I might as well smell like an old sea dog. The blade was one of a selection sent to me by @TomG all the way from Australia. What a cracking shave! The blade was smooth and sharp and paired beautifully with the Fatboy.
Tom is a metallurgical engineer and what he doesn't know about vintage blades isn't worth knowing. Not only did he generously send me the blades, but he took the time to write an illuminating history of each of them. This helped bring them to life for me. As did the original advertising material Tom included in his email. I'm sure he won't mind me spreading the knowledge.
Gillette Super Stainless (Aussie Spoiler)
These were made in Australia at the same time as the US Super Stainless "Spoilers", and hence have the nickname "Aussie Spoilers". Very good blades - third generation in Gillette's stainless steel blade development. Some people say that they are better than the US Spoilers, some think the reverse; I find them both excellent blades and hard to tell apart. The Spoiler is arguably the most loved vintage blade amongst wet shavers.
So despite being an Aussie (they cheat at cricket don't you know?), and a Man Utd fan, Tom is a thoroughly decent fellow. Cheers mate.
Have a good weekend chaps. (Apologies for the novella length post)

bc7e8ec866b0459a0d13a04a15eedfdd.jpg

My first use of a Timeless Ti 0.68 head and P&B V60 soap last night in what turned out to be a truly excellent shave.

My Lee Sabini knotted Paladin Chief was the perfect brush to try the V60 with and it didn't disappoint.

The scent is an amazing blend of coffee and chocolate with slightly darker undertone. It coupled well with the citrus notes of the Dermalogica pre-shave oil and the sumptuous chocolate scent of the I Coloniali AS Balm.

The Ti head was much smoother and more efficient than I was expecting it to be (given that it has a scalloped baseplate and the head is not polished).

It combined well with my Timeless Plaid handle and the difference in weight between it an my 0.95 stainless head was very noticeable.

They're definitely great bits of kit that's for sure. [emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

image.jpg~SOTD~

Shower, Olive Oil Soap
Blackland Sabre L2
Treet Super ~ Carbon Steel
LPL Fresh Rosemary (tallow)
Omega 011842 Boar
Antica Barbieria Colla Apricot Hull Aftershave
Armaf ~ Club de nuit intense man

A great shave with the Sabre and Treet Super combo but the most memorable part of the shave was the velvety feel of the soap as I was brushing it on, even when brushing it on with a boar, wonderful!

I hope you enjoy your weekend......P.

Last edited:
Saturday 25th August

Pears Glycerine Soap
Vitos Preshave Cream
Speick Shaving Stick
FS 22mm Silvertip Brush
Ming Shi 2000S (3.5,4.5,4.5) with a Treet Silver Carbon Steel Blade
Alum, Rinse, and Thayers Witch Hazel with Rose Petal
Aloe Vera Gel
Speick Classic AS

I have owned 4 Chinese Futur Clones. two are still in use....and two have been retired.Both Ming Shi s have been perfect and both Q-Shave razors have had alignment problems. Something to take into consideration if considering a purchase of a chinese clone.

Three passes and a touch up for a lovely BBS finish:)

Pre: Warm water face wash
Brush: Omega 11137 Boar
Soap: Mitchell's Schafmilch
Razor: Colonial General Brass
Blade: Feather Pro Super
IMG_20180825_083122.jpg

After reading @MntnMan62's comments about mixing MWF with Haslinger and who'd have thought two excellent soaps would produce another excellent soap.
I still prefer MWF but having another soap doesn't hurt.
Have a great weekend.

Morning shave

Olive Oil Soap
P&B Trafalgar
Chubby 2 Best Badger
Gillette Fatboy
Gillette Super Stainless (Aussie Spoiler) (1)
Thayers Witch Hazel (unscented)
Heeley Sel Marin EDP

Off to visit friends on the south coast today so I though that I might as well smell like an old sea dog. The blade was one of a selection sent to me by @TomG all the way from Australia. What a cracking shave! The blade was smooth and sharp and paired beautifully with the Fatboy.
Tom is a metallurgical engineer and what he doesn't know about vintage blades isn't worth knowing. Not only did he generously send me the blades, but he took the time to write an illuminating history of each of them. This helped bring them to life for me. As did the original advertising material Tom included in his email. I'm sure he won't mind me spreading the knowledge.
Gillette Super Stainless (Aussie Spoiler)
These were made in Australia at the same time as the US Super Stainless "Spoilers", and hence have the nickname "Aussie Spoilers". Very good blades - third generation in Gillette's stainless steel blade development. Some people say that they are better than the US Spoilers, some think the reverse; I find them both excellent blades and hard to tell apart. The Spoiler is arguably the most loved vintage blade amongst wet shavers.
So despite being an Aussie (they cheat at cricket don't you know?), and a Man Utd fan, Tom is a thoroughly decent fellow. Cheers mate.
Have a good weekend chaps. (Apologies for the novella length post)
G'day Barry. Thanks for the kind words, Mate, and delighted that you are enjoying the blade(s). However, I suspect that many may contend that being a Man Utd fan and a thoroughly decent fellow are mutually exclusive ;). Well, stuff 'em - up the Reds! And cheat at cricket? Just doing some running repairs to a dodgy Pommy Duke ball ;).

Last edited:
Sat 25th Aug
Omega 11137 boar
Lea Classic soap
ATT SE-G + modded base plate
Gem S/S [ 3 ]
Lea Classic A/S Lotion

Now on back to back Shave No3 with my ATT SE- G which now works, thanks to the loan of a reworked base plate
from Paul @Blademonkey . Now the formerly Pretty Paper Weight has been turned into Razor.
Todays Shave was smooth and comfortable, and without effort I attained a great close all round finish. Perhaps not the "Face Stroker" of yesterday, but I did not spend the extra Shave time needed to achieve that.

I am more than happy to use this as a Daily Shaver, as I seem to be able to get Great shaves without any problems. However, it should be noted that the ATT SE-G did not shave at all for me until I got the loan of a modded base-plate. Have read in a US Forum that a number of users have had similar problems with both V1 & V2 heads. I am very lucky to have shaved with a Razor [ Thanks Paul] that ATT should have produced but failed.

IMG_0208.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom