SOTD : Saturday 25th April - Friday 01 May 2020

Date:- 25 April 2020 ... ANZAC Day ... Lest we forget !!

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Barrister & Mann ~ Soapmakers of Awesometown
Razor/Blade:- Rockwell 6C-R3 / Rapira Platinum Lux #1
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (10)

SOTD : 25th April 2020.

1.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower / Nivea Men Power Fresh Shower Gel.

Pre:

Warm wet flannel to my face

Simple ~ Sensitive Pure Soap Bar.

Brush: Vie-Long ~ Horsehair.

Face Lather.

Soap : Phoenix & Beau ~ Citra Royale.

Blade: Indian Gillette ~ 7'0 Clock Super Platinum. (1)

Razor: Parker ~ 99R.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade peppermint eucalyptus, Tea Tree , lemon essential Oils + menthol crystals Witch Hazel Mixture./ Brut ~ Sport Style.

Aloe Vera Gel.

Greetings,

A eclectic shave set up to start the weekend...This week will be a indian made razor & blade duo week.

It's been a while since i last used my Parker 99R .The Parker 99R along with the 22R where the first parker razors that i purchased not long after i'd ventured into the wonderful world of traditional wet shaving which gave me the 'Shaving Bug' purely because they looked excellent and had great reviews, after that i developed a fondness for them...Four years on, i now have a collection of 10 Parker razors in my shaving den, four of which were past on to me by workmates who fell out of love with them. 'All the better for me'. :)

When i bought my parker 55sl semi-slant, in 2019 the first blade that i matched it up with was the indian gillette 7'0 clock Super Platinum which i've only used a few times since, i personally find them a smooth sharp and very efficient and the added bonus,for me is they are well suited to my mature 'rhino skin type' and haven't had any intermittent quality problems with them either,each blade i've used so far have been excellent. 'As always, opinions & reviews are very subjective'.YMMV.

A enjoyable 3 pass +pick ups near bbs shave with no errors to report.

Finishing to the shave off with a generous dollop of Aloe Vera Gel.

My face is feeling super smooth and smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
Sat 25th SOTD
Cream TOBS
Bowl Ceramic
Brush Yaqi 24mm Purple Mink
Razor Gillette British RFB #88
Blade Feather 1st
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Clubman Whisky Woods
Oopppss! Overdid with too much lather. Luxurious & slick. Strong scent from TOBS. Pleasurable painting on face with the brush. Shave with razor paired with feather..wow! Finally found the RFB mate! Smooooth and sharrppp! Hardly feel the blade...rather, just feel whiskers being mowed down so smoothly. 3pass + 1 buffing. Multiple strokes. Most important was the ATG stroke under jawline and today it went very smoothly. Ice water rinse is really amazing!!! Special Thayers followed by Whisky Woods top-off a great shave session. Just a minor weeper. BBS to DFS++ 9.5/10 rating today...
20200425_121714.jpg
20200425_151443.jpg

Saturday 25th April
Alpha T400 - Speick stick (grated) - TNNSER 3D Hybrid³ - Gem SSC #4 - Speick A/S - Aloe Vera Gel
0jlv6mG.jpg

Saturday

SMV Sapone Vetiver
Valobra Menthol
PAA Atomic Rocket 26mm synth
Face lather
Gillette Red Tip (1956)
Polsilver SI (3)
Thayer's Lavender and Aloe Vera
Fine American Blend after shave

I think doing (at least) one thing a day that makes you feel better in these mad times really helps. An SOTD fits the bill just nicely. From pondering what to use, right through to the end of the ritual; it has a nice ontological security about it, I feel.

A61E2BF5-0D63-469B-A197-0654903E4C75.jpeg

Saturday, 25 March 2020

PreShave: Warm to hot water, most from the boiled kettle some from the tap
Cream: GFT Eucris
Brush: Kent BK8
Bowl: My recycled T&H cream bowl
Razor: My new Merkur Futur on 2
Blade Gillette Nacet (1)
Post Shave: Alum

Fragrance: Eucris

A great shave with the new toy, though dialled it to 3 for the first pass, then 2.5 and 2. Again a three-pass, BBS smooth shave. Last week was spent trying the toy with an Astra, and various settings on the razor—a nice way to spend 20 mins or so a morning during these odd times.

Have a good weekend folks (or at least as good as possible, given the circumstances), and stay healthy.

Saturday‌ ‌04.25.20‌ ‌SOTD‌

DSCF0033 - Edited.jpg

Gillette ‘40s gold Fat Handle Tech set
Shark‌ ‌SS‌
Yaqi‌ ‌Ruby‌ ‌Handle‌ ‌24mm‌ ‌2-Band‌ ‌Badger‌ ‌
RazoRock‌ ‌XXX‌ ‌Italian‌ ‌Shaving‌ ‌Soap‌ ‌
RazoRock‌ ‌XXX‌ ‌After‌ ‌Shaving‌ ‌Splash‌

DSCF0037 - Edited.jpg

Morning world.

Brush. ExS Medium Jock
Soap. Extro Cosmesi Egyptian Oud
Razor. Rockwell 6S (R3)
Blade. Astra SP (3)
Balm. Barts Bergamot and Vanilla

All worked well together. No complaints from me, nor Mrs Merchant Seaman which is always a bonus.
Has anyone tried the matching Ex Cos Egyptian Oud splash to this soap? This soap performs well but it's not a bold Oud scent at all. I love Oud but I just don't get it from this soap.

Anyway have a great weekend everyone, keep smiling and stay safe.

Back
Top Bottom