Brush: Omega Badger B6206
Lather: Dr Selby
ASL: Clubman Pinaud
Modificar mensagem

25  05 19.jpg

SOTD : 25th May 2019.

21.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ L'OREAL ~ Hydra Power Mountain Water Shower Gel.

Pre:

Cold wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Soap. / bloom water face wash.

Brush: Omega 49.

Bowl: Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.

Bowl Lather.

Soap : Razorock ~ What The Puck?! 'Orange Sunrise'.

Blade: Personna ~ Gem PTFE coated.(4)

Razor: Ever-Ready 1924. (US)

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade menthol crystals +Eucalyptus peppermint,+ Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Duru~Mandalina Cologne. + Lucky Tiger ~ Aftershave & Face Tonic.

Aloe vera Gel.

Greetings,

A new shave set up to start the weekend..carrying on with the wonderful cold water shaves..Maiden shave with the new ceramic 'Cosmo' side bowl which i bought from Tesco's for the grand total of £2.00. I've had my eye on it for a while now and fancied a change from my old ceramic soap mug, that has served it's purpose admirably,which is now been put into semi-retirement..The new one has a nice 'grippy' feel to it,which is comfortable to hold in the hand with no fear of slipping out when mixing hence 'HOPEFULLY'!, i state.:oops:

It's been a while since i last used the Razorock WTP?! soap, after a 5 minute bloom in hot tap water then loaded up with my damp 'not wet' Omega 49,then into my mixing bowl adding a small amount of water giving it a minute or so mix which provided me with adequate lather for the shave, wetting the tips of the brush in-between each pass...The voluptuous Omega 49 is excellent for both bowl & face lathering,a great value for money boar brush.Recently i've noticed lot's of people using their much loved vintage SE razors,so this week is a vintage E-R SE razor week..Starting of with the Ever-Ready 1924.(US)

A comfortable 3 pass + pick ups bbs smooth shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a generous dollop of Aloe Vera Gel.

My face is feeling super smooth and smelling devine.
;)
;)

Enjoy the start of the weekend, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:
:cool:

Sat 25th May

Vulfix 404 mixed
Vitos Super Red
PAA Starling OC plate
Gem S/S [ 7 ]
Jaguar Prestige A/S Lotion

Still early days with the Starling but I am liking the Open Comb plate better than the solid bar.Though it feels quite harsh during the Shave, I was able to complete the Shave without any problems. In fact the quality of the finished Shave is rather good considering that the Razor is still quite new to me.

IMG_0506.jpg

Saturday 25th May

P&B Pall Mall
Chubby 2 Best Badger
RazoRock Gamechanger .84
Polsilver Super Iridium
OSP Lemon and Cedarwood Aftershave Tonic
Acqua Di Parma Colonia Essenza EDC

Of course, I jumped on the bandwagon with the Gamechanger. First use this morning and my initial impression is very positive. Mild yet efficient enough with the ever reliable Polsilver. Two passes for DFS+. Have a great weekend gents.

“It serves me right for putting all my eggs in one bastard “

D2DA2E53-CF7F-4642-8F47-03AFF7BFB8BF.jpeg

PannaCremma ‘Nuàvia Verde'
Wild West Brushworks 24mm Cashmere
ATT M1 Kronos handle
Personna Lab Blue #2

To give the Nuàvia sample a fair chance this time to deliver the goods I put the entire sample into my shave mug and used a synthetic which will lather most soaps. The Nuàvia is listed as a soap by the maker but is really a cream which produced a great slick lather, the scent is very ‘green' and pleasant. I had a great shave with no issues and the after face feel is very good indeed. So my conclusion is the soap worth about £48? Probably if you could get a refill for significantly less money as I find that you are forced into paying for a ceramic tub.

Saturday 25th May 2019 AM

Pre-shave:- Warm Rinse / Stirling Executive Man Pre-shave Oil / Hot flannel to the face
Brush:- Stirling Soap Company Finest Badger
Soap/Cream:- Stirling Executive Man soap
Razor/Blade:- OneBlade Genesis / Feather FHS (2)
Post-shave:- Thayers Cucumber / Stirling Executive Man aftershave balm
EdP:- CopyCat Executive

Great shave with a BBS finish.

And may I say....I smell magnificent! [emoji1362]

27/05/19

Feath, bay Vos.JPG

Pre shave prep: Pears Transparent Original
Brush: Yaqi Moka Express 24mm
Soap: Stirling Bay Rum
Razor: Feather AS-D2
Blade: Voskhod (1)
Post Shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, homemade Witch Hazel with added oils
Balm: Barts Amber & Jasmine Balm & lotion
Aftershave: Electrif's Bay Rum

What a difference a day makes!
The Voskhod got a reprieve this morning after its trial in the AS-D2.
A great Lather mixed from the Stirling Bay Rum in the Giles bowl with the Yaqi, I am really enjoying these Stirling soaps and Synth brushes.
Back to the Original Pears soap for a pre shave cushion, this works a treat for me. Then lathered up.
Tentatively i started the shave expecting that same dragging feeling from the blade, No drag at all, in fact a very smooth 1st pass.
I decided on 3 full passes and at no time did i have any negative feedback from the blade as i did yesterday, a really smooth shave although not as sharp as what i am used to. Very Comfortable aftershave skin feel. A very nice shave.
The Stay of execution has been signed off and this blade will be going in the 6S later in the week.
Balmed up with the Barts Amber and Jasmine, i also rubbed in the matching Barts Balm oil, a splash of Electrif's Bay Rum and i have to say i really enjoyed that.
BBS and smelling good.
Have a great weekend all.

Last edited:
27/05/19

View attachment 44103

Pre shave prep: Pears Transparent Original
Brush: Yaqi Moka Express 24mm
Soap: Stirling Bay Rum
Razor: Feather AS-D2
Blade: Voskhod (1)
Post Shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, homemade Witch Hazel with added oils
Balm: Barts Amber & Jasmine Balm & lotion
Aftershave: Electrif's Bay Rum

What a difference a day makes!
The Voskhod got a reprieve this morning after its trial in the AS-D2.
A great Lather mixed from the Stirling bay Rum in the Giles bowl with the Yaqi, I am really enjoying these Stirling soaps and Synth brushes.
Back to the Original Pears soap for a pre shave cushion, this works a treat for me. Then lathered up.
Tentatively i started the shave expecting that same dragging feeling from the blade, No drag at all, in fact a very smooth 1st pass.
I decided on 3 full passes and at no time did i have any negative feedback from the blade as i did yesterday, really smooth shave although not as sharp as what i am used to. Very Comfortable aftershave skin feel. A very nice shave.
The Stay of execution has been signed off and this blade will be going in the 6S later in the week.
Balmed up with the Barts Amber and Jasmine, i also rubbed in the matching Barts balm oil, a splash of Electrif's Bay Rum and i have to say i really enjoyed that.
BBS and smelling good.
Have a great weekend all.

I've also found that Voskhod blades pair better with some razors. In particular, it delivered harsh dragging shaves in my Ikon 101, but performs wonderfully in all my other razors.
For me, they're a three shave and out blade though. If I push them to four shaves they can go from acceptably sharp to dull mid -pass.

Back
Top Bottom