SOTD: Saturday 23th November to Friday 29th November 2019

Date:- 23 November 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Barrister & Mann ~ Cologne Russe
Razor/Blade:- RazoRock MJ-90A / Gillette Silver Blue #3
Post/After-shave: T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Fragrance:- L'Eau Bleue D'issey Pour Homme

SOTD : 23rd November 2019.

a.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Nivea Men Power Fresh Shower Gel.

Pre:

Warm wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Soap.

Brush: Unbranded Turkish Boar.

Bowl Lather.

Cream : Derby Lemon Shaving Cream.

Blade: Derby Premium.(1)

Razor: Parker Variant. (Settings) wtg 1.5, xtg 1.5, atg + Pick ups 2.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade Lavender + Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Aloe Vera Gel.

Osmanli ~ Turkish Lemon Cologne.

Greetings,

A new near turkish themed shave set up to start the weekend..

The derby premium i find pair together with my more aggressive razors. I now know after the first few seconds into my shave if a blade is suited to my skin type or not, the derby premium i find very smooth with no tugging issues with a smooth efficient edge, which is completely different to it's sibling the derby Extra...However i've mentioned before thinking back now it was my 100% no respect for the razor, lack of technique & shaving confidence that resulted in the nasty bite i encountered from the derby extra blade when i first started out..I still have a few in my vast assortment of DE blades, which i'll add to my blade rotation in future shaves to see what result i'll get.

A very enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups bbs silky smooth shave with no errors to report.

Finishing to the shave off with a generous Splash of the newly acquired Osmanli turkish lemon cologne.

My face is feeling super smooth and smelling devine.;)

Enjoy the start of the weekend, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Today's shave:

rdt191123xok9q.jpg

- Tallow + Steel Sásq'ets
- Yaqi "Purple Haze" Synthetic
- 3ONE6 with Sputnik blade
- Isana Free Space aftershave

:)

The artwork of the soap is rather bad, unfortunately. Normally, I'm very happy with Tallow + Steel labels, and think they're among the very best out there. But when T+S changed the font they use in mid-2018, they also decided to go with a more subdued color scheme, which still works for bright colors but makes darker ones a lot harder to read. The text on this tub here is barely legible unless you hold it under a light, so it's simply impractical. I tried to edit contrast and brightness for the picture to enhance it without making it look obviously tampered with, but it's still murky as hell.

Saturday SOTD

PRE - Heno De Pravia face wash
SOAP - Mickey Lee Grand Havana
BRUSH - YaqI 24mm Tuxedo Marble Handle
RAZOR - Karve SB C Plate
BLADE - Gillette Silver Blue #3
POST - Vitos Tobacco Aftershave
SCENT - Aramis Tobacco Reserve EdP

A relaxing Saturday morning Tobacco themed shave - no rush at all
I've got the hang of the Brass Karve now, and no longer find the need for touch ups to achieve DFS/BBS.
Heno De Pravia soap - a good way to start a shave - a gift from @RussellR5555
Grand Havana soap is always a pleasure to use - all round performance is very good and the sweet tobacco scent is very pleasant.
My choice of aftershave today was Vitos Tobacco - very kindly gifted to me by @Digimonkey , this is good stuff - especially at this time of year. Not heavily scented, but very aromatic.
A few sprays of Tobacco Reserve EdP, and I'm smooth and smelling good for the rest of the day.

Having the house to myself affords me the chance to play some of my favourite Rock Music . . . .

Last edited:
23/11/2019
Pre: Pears Transparent Original
Brush: Vintage Culmak Plus Best Badger 1950's
Soap: Vintage Cussons 1950's shave cream
Razor: Ever Ready HFT-E Bar
Blade: Personna GEM PTFE (7)
Post shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, Homemade Astringent
Balm: Tabac Original
Aftershave: Tabac Original

PB210007.JPG

What a wonderful way to start the day.
A fantastic 3 pass shave today, simply a joy.
The HFT giving plenty of feedback removing any trace of stubble with comfortable ease.
This little Culmak brush is a favourite of mine and using it with the vintage shave cream just makes me smile. I gave him a good shampoo and rinse after the shave and he will be be used again this week.
These Vintage 1912 type SE razors just seem to be so natural for my shaving technique and they work so well for me.
I am BBS, Comfortable and smelling very Kojak
I hope your SOTD is as enjoyable as mine was.
Have a great day All.

Last edited:
23 November

Castle Forbes Lime
Razorock 400 Noir synthetic
Razorock Game Changer .84-P
Feather Hi-stainless
Floïd Mentolado Vigoroso

79CF97B3-0DE1-49CB-B97F-03E5A1047D0E.jpeg

A super, smooth, close, comfortable shave this morning. The Castle Forbes is an excellent shaving cream, and the Razorock brush whipped up a rich lather in no time. The Razorock Game Changer is becoming a favourite too.

9302D8EC-E25D-4148-97BD-FE83C145BA90.jpeg
Have been trying unsuccessfully for the past two weeks to use a OneBlade Hybrid razor! Clearly a razor for those transitioning from Cartridge razors! Didn't like the pivot spring in the device or the shave! Not my cup of tea! So on this beautiful, sunny Saturday, I selected one of my favorite razors to celebrate, my Feather Stainless. Many complain that this is a mild razor, but it is far from that! I have heavy dense whiskers and can count on this razor to always deliver an incredibly close, comfortable BBS to both face and noggin when loaded with a Feather blade. Lovely shave, I feel clean, smooth and refreshed and ready for the day!

SOTD 11/23/19

RAZOR: Seki Feather Stainless
BLADE: Feather
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a face and noggin scrub with PAA's Charcoal-Menthol Cube Preshave Soap
BRUSH: Omega Pro48 Boar
CREAM: Proraso Cooling
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with Glyce Glycerin soap and finished with face and dome freezing Chiseled Face Cryogen AS Splash

Back
Top Bottom