SOTD : Saturday 23th - Friday 29 th March 2019

SOTD : 23rd March 2019.

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Hot shower:/ RightGuard ~ Energy Burst Shower Gel.

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Soap.

Brush: Vie-Long~4212 Horsehair.

Face Lather.

Soap : Wilkinson Sword Shave Stick.

Blade: Gillette Wilkinson Sword Saloon Pack. (1)

Razor: Weishi 9306-I.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade Menthol Crystals + Eucalyptus peppermint,+ Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./Brut ~ Sport Style ASL.

Aloe vera Gel.

Greetings,

A new shave set up to start the weekend,..It's been a while since i last used the Vie-Long Horsehair brush, due to me reaching for my chinese horsehair which is a regular favourite.

After a 10 minute soak in warm water it's performance was excellent..A superb shaving brush, very soft but still has a good amount of backbone which is ideal for hard soaps,face Bowl or palm lathering...Like my chinese horsehair, i give it a good rinse after use, rubbing the tips on a towel, then gently combing from the base to the tips of the brush to remove any knots within the brushes then i place them on my stand to dry out naturally.

Once a month regardless if needed or not, i clean all my brushes to keep them in fine fettle..."If you lookafter something, it'll look after you...

After the wonderful shaves i had with the super-max blue diamond titanium blades recently i've carried on with another indian made DE blade which have always performed with smooth efficiency,paired together with the chinese Weishi razor resulted in a very enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report...A excellent shave to start the weekend.

Finishing to the shave off with a generous dollop of Aloe vera Gel.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling devine.;)
;)

Enjoy the start of the weekend, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:
:cool:

23 March

Proraso white
MÜHLE Rocca Silvertip Fibre
MÜHLE Rocca R96
Gillette Silver Blue
Proraso white sensitive asb
Chanel Bleu

Superb close shave today, the 21mm Rocca synthetic performed admirably with the Proraso soap, although it is a little more prickly than my other synthetics. The Rocca razor with the GSB blade is a fabulous combination producing a super close result, almost in a single pass. Happy shaving.

Pre: 1912 Citrus musk pre shave soap
Brush: Omega 63185 Pure Badger bristle
Soap: 1912 Citrus Musk shaving soap
Blade: Feather HS (1)
Razor: Razorock Game Changer
Post shave: Alum block and homemade tea tree astringent (trial 20ml), cold water splash
Balm: Gucci aftershave Balm
Aftershave: Hugo Boss Night

OK, Where do I start?
All tools and products are 1st time use
I really like the pre shave and the shaving soap from 1912, although I think the Badger bristle was a little too soft for it (will be a cream only brush). I will start to break in the Smog 620.
I got a nice lather up eventually and it felt good on the face. A new feather blade in the new Game Changer. Now let's start.

Whoa!! Hold the phone! this is sharp.
Caught my top lip, just a tiny nick, put a stick on it and it was not a bleeder.
"Respect this kit" went round and around my thoughts.
I carried on with a bit more care, and boy could I feel the difference from the R89.
A nice gentle 2 pass shave WTG & XTG/ATG mix.
Finished off with the Alum block, a small graze under the chin and 1 other tiny nick on chin front. I was expecting something so not too bad.
A splash of my homemade W Hazel and tea tree.
Gucci aftershave Balm
Finishing with some Hugo Boss Night.
The razor felt good in hand and it's a lovely tool.
All in all very happy with today's effort. BBS skin no soreness or irritation.
I feel really good.
I am in training with this set up so no more SOTD posts this week unless I change something big. Wish me luck and have a great day all.

Last edited:
[IMG]

One Pass Shaving Routine... :cool:

Hot Water Prep & Massage with Argan Oil
French Pradat Brun Theirs FrameBack 6/8th
French Fitchard Pure Badger
Valobra Tallow Soap
Humphreys Witch Hazel

I Had My 2nd Shave this Week with a French Razor..My French Pradat Brun Theirs 6/8th Frame Back.I have Nick Named it the "Magic Wand" as its Almost like a Cartridge Kinda SR in that its So Free & Easy to Use..Its a Lovely Keen Shaver & So Different to any Other SR in My Collection..I Love this Fair Lady..One Multi Directional Pass...Job Done..:p

I Am Dolphin Smooth & Refreshed..:cool:

Billy

SOTD: 230319

Razor: Muhle R95
Blade: Kai (1)
Brush: Tatara 24mm 2band Finest (On Loan)
Soap: S.V. 70th Anniversary
EDT: Penhaligan's Sartorial
I have found that the Kai blade (along with the Feather blade) are the perfect match for this aggressive little beast. Ultra smooth three pass shave provided but the R95 did bite me just under the nose (twice) to remind me that the delicate of touches is all that is required.

As expected a wonderful lather soon whipped up with the Tatara brush. An aesthetically pleasing brush with good flow through but too much scritch for me.

Enjoy your shaves and your weekend one and all.

Saturday 23rd March 2019 AM

Pre-shave:- Hot shower/ Nuage Men shaving oil
Brush:- ES Medium Jock synthetic
Soap/Cream:- ES Natural cream
Razor/Blade:- ES Claymore V1 / Schick Proline (1)
Post-shave:- Thayers Cucumber / Floid Vigoroso aftershave / Barts Balm Bergamot and Vanilla aftershave lotion / Barts Balm Bergamot and Vanilla balm

fc10582701c8815f0b4675de1966b55c.jpg

A fantastic shave this morning.

This is the original cream and brush I started with last year after a visit to The Executive Shaving Company in Glasgow.

The cream and brush work well and are up there with more exotic items I have bought since.

A really enjoyable 3 pass shave with no incidents. I'm feeling fresh and dolphin smooth (to steal @Fergiebilly ‘s quote!

Have a great weekend folks! [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom