SOTD: Saturday 20th April - Friday 26 th

SOTD : 20th April 2019.

1.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Hot shower:/ L'OREAL ~ Hydra Power Mountain Water Shower Gel.

Pre:

Cold wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Lemon Flower Soap.

Brush: Omega ~ Mixed Midget.

Face Lather.

Soap : Haslinger ~ Aloe Vera Soap .

Blade: Personna ~ Gem PTFE coated .(1)

Razor: Ever Ready ~ 1914. (USA)

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade menthol crystals +Eucalyptus peppermint,+ Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Brut ~ Splash-on Lotion + Aftershave.

Aloe vera Gel.

Greetings,

Another early morning shave due to me doing a saturday shift at the mill,needs must unfortunetely...

A new shave set up to start the easter weekend..after the excellent cold water shaves last week , i'm carry on this week again, the cold water shaves are really benificial for my mature rhino type skin.

it's been a while since i last used my 'Ever Ready' SE vintage razors, so all my sotd's will be a Ever Ready SE vintage razor week...Maiden shave with the haslinger aloe vera soap, second of the two shaving soaps which my sister kindly bought me as a easter gift...'I'm not too fond of chocolate, but i've took an instant liking to haslinger shaving soap'.The verdict?.. WOW!!!..Another magnificent shaving soap like the Schafmilch Sheep Milk, of which are exactly the same in performance,slickness protection & post shave feel.

The only difference with the aloe vera soap is it doesn't contain lanolin and like the Schafmilch Sheep Milk has a very faint clean fragrance when it's opened, I've mentioned before the fragrance of a shaving soap isn't a important issue as once it's rinsed from your face the scent has virtually disappeared from most of the soaps & creams that i've shaved with, what is important is the shaving performance, and the haslinger soaps i've tried have been absolutely fantastic.

Another instant fave...Have i possibly found my favourite shaving soap ?..Haslinger soaps are a very strong contender.

Recently a knowledgeable honourable member 'Paul' AKA @Blademonkey of TSR done a welcoming return to us fellow members after a long absense,now fully refreshed and probably stocked up with a new boat load of shaving assortments, to contend with for another two lifetimes, and more.

Starting off with the Every Ready 1914, of which i bought from paul last year, i stated to him in my posting to him i'd give her a run out... Every shave i've had with this treasured vintage lady since i purchased her has been a pleasurable one, today was no exception...

A effortless enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups BBS shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a generous dollop of Aloe Vera Gel.

My face is feeling super smooth and smelling devine.
;)
;)

After i've done my shift, i'm away from the mill for the next 11 days. YEAH!!!
:thumbup:
to do a few domestic duties around the house,visit family & friends, and to catch up on some well earned rest.

Enjoy the start of the long easter weekend, ladies & gentlemen...:cool:
:cool:

Last edited:
Date:- 20 April 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Omega 011842 Boar 27/52mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Wholly Kaw ~ King of Bourbon
Razor/Blade:- Gillette Red Tip E1 1959 / Vintage NOS Gillette Bleue Extra #10
Post-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10), Lavender (15) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Fragrance:- Hugo Boss (Original)

SOTD : 20th April 2019.

View attachment 42994

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Hot shower:/ L'OREAL ~ Hydra Power Mountain Water Shower Gel.

Pre:

Cold wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Lemon Flower Soap.

Brush: Omega ~ Mixed Midget.

Face Lather.

Soap : Haslinger ~ Aloe Vera Soap .

Blade: Personna ~ Gem PTFE coated .(1)

Razor: Ever Ready ~ 1914. (USA)

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade menthol crystals +Eucalyptus peppermint,+ Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Brut ~ Splash-on Lotion + Aftershave.

Aloe vera Gel.

Greetings,

Another early morning shave due to me doing a saturday shift at the mill,needs must unfortunetely...

A new shave set up to start the easter weekend..after the excellent cold water shaves last week , i'm carry on this week again,cold water shaves are really benificial for my mature rhino type skin.

it's been a while since i last used my 'Ever Ready' SE vintage razors, so all my sotd's will be a Ever Ready SE vintage razor week...Maiden shave with the haslinger aloe vera soap, second of the two shaving soaps which my sister kindly bought me as a easter gift...'I'm not too fond of chocolate, but i've took an instant liking to haslinger shaving soap'.The verdict?.. WOW!!!..Another magnificent shaving soap like the Schafmilch Sheep Milk, of which are exactly the same in performance,slickness protection & post shave feel.

The only difference with the aloe vera soap is it doesn't contain lanolin and like the Schafmilch Sheep Milk has a very faint clean fragrance when it's opened, I've mentioned before the fragrance of a shaving soap isn't a important issue as once it's rinsed from your face the scent has virtually disappeared from most of the soaps & creams that i've shaved with, what is important is the shaving performance, and the haslinger soaps i've tried have been absolutely fantastic.

Another instant fave...Have i possibly found my favourite shaving soap ?..Haslinger soaps are a very strong contender.

Recently a knowledgeable honourable member 'Paul' AKA @Blademonkey of TSR done a welcoming return to us fellow members after a long absense,now fully refreshed and probably stocked up with a new boat load of shaving assortments, to contend with for another two lifetimes, and more.

Starting off with the Every Ready 1914, of which i bought from paul last year, i stated to him in my posting to him i'd give her a run out... Every shave i've had with this treasured vintage lady since i purchased her has been a pleasurable one, today was no exception...

A effortless enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups BBS shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a generous dollop of Aloe Vera Gel.

My face is feeling super smooth and smelling devine.
;)
;)

After i've done my shift, i'm away from the mill for the next 11 days. YEAH!!!
:thumbup:
to do a few domestic duties around the house,visit family & friends, and to catch up on some well earned rest.

Enjoy the start of the long easter weekend, ladies & gentlemen...:cool:
:cool:

Thank you for your kind words :) I'm pleased the 1914 is still enjoyable to use :) PS. I have sold more razors and soaps over the last few months than I have bought! :) I know! Who would have believed it! :) P.

Last edited:
image.jpg

SOTD 20th April

Prep ~ Shower, Aleppo soap
Razor ~ Ever-Ready Streamline
Blade ~ Ever-Ready Super Stainless NOS
Soap ~ OSP ~ Lavender scented
Brush ~ SOC Badger and Boar - Resin handle
Post ~ Thayers WH
Scent ~L'Occitan Pour Homme EDT

Staying with the OSP untill I get to the end! Still loving them as much now as I did when I started shaving in the Shaving Room! :) P.

Have a great bank holliday people.......P :)

20 April

LPL Oud Santal
Simpson M7 Manchurian
Ikon B1 OSS
Feather Hi-stainless
Bart's Balm Amber and Moroccan Jasmine
Chanel Bleu

109C734E-44AC-426C-BD88-65A908E89798.jpeg
A splendid and bloodless shave this morning. I chose to use the same gear that I ended yesterday's shave with, taking care not to disturb any of yesterday's wounds. The Ikon was very good at this, being mild but amazingly effective with it's Feather blade.

Today's shave:

rdt190420nnki5.jpg

- Barrister & Mann Rhapsody
- Morris & Forndran Style 1 Finest
- Mamba 70 with MR17 handle and Feather blade
- Myrsol Formula C aftershave

:D

The book in the picture is a German Easter classic, "Die Häschenschule", originally published in 1924. It describes a bunny's typical school day, which includes lessons on which plants are edible, how to paint Easter eggs, and what to do when you see a fox. There's an English version ("A Day at Bunny School") available, which I don't own, so here's my attempt to get the meaning of the above verses across:

Look into their eyes so bright
when they paint the eggs just right!
Every bunny's in a rush
to get their hands upon a brush,
and tint the eggs in every dye,
some green as kale, some blue as sky.
Among the Easter Bunnies shan't
be anyone who tries, but can't.

Sat 20th April
Cyril Salter / Maseto ED 2Band
Cyril Salter Solid soap
Schick N3
Schick Twin-Japan [ 11 ]
Jaguar Prestige A/S Lotion

I have a heavy strong beard and need to Shave daily, but find that with a bit of extra time I can get a really Smooth and Ultra close Shave with both the N3 and Schick O Clone. The N3 was a good choice for a relaxed weekend Shave.
Hope you all have a good Easter Weekend :)

IMG_0448.jpg

Saturday 20th April

Sudsy Soapery White Sage and Lime
Thater 4125/2
Gillette Fatboy
Gillette Silver Blue
Myrsol Agua de Limon Aftershave
Eau Sauvage

I'm smooth, refreshed and smelling gorgeous. Even my Mrs says so. Enjoy the sunshine gents.

View attachment 43005
I'd imagine the lemon in the Myrsol layers really well with the Eau Sauvage, Barry.

Back
Top Bottom