SOTD.: Saturday 1th February - Fryday 7th February 2020

SOTD : 1st February 2020.

a.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Imperial Leather ~ Sea Minerals & Black Mint Shower Gel.

Pre:

Warm wet flannel to my face & head.

Boots ~ Freshwood Brushless Shave cream.

Brush: Yaqi 24mm Sagrada Familia.

Bowl: Tesco Kosmo Side Bowl.

Bowl Lather.

Soap : Bath House ~ Spanish Fig & Nutmeg.

Blade: Gillette Nacet Stainless. (1)

Razor: Baili ~ BD177 Rose Gold TTO.

Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./Homemade Lavender + Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Pashana ASL.

Baylis & Harding ~ Sandalwood & Amber ASB.

Greetings,

Face & head shave.

A new shave set up to start the weekend & a new month. After the wonderful shave i had with the Baili BD177 Rose Gold TTO & Gillette Nacet Stainless duo last saturday i've decided to use this awesome duo for all my SOTD's this week.

I'll be honest and say i haven't gave the Baili BD177 Rose Gold TTO much use since it was passed on to me, purely because "if the truth be known, i have still too many razors to appreciate",and tend to use my regular favourites,but i intend to use them all more frequently throughout the coming year.

The shave i had with this razor & blade duo last weekend was absolutely phonomenal it totally amazed me.

The razor is well balance with a good weight i personally find it has mild to medium"standard aggression".The gillette nacet stainless blade however makes it feel more efficient than what it is when shaving with it...I find an aggressive blade pairs together with my less aggressive razors, and vice versa, the BD177 would be a excellent choice as a daily shaver, as it's such a smooth non-aggressive yet efficient razor.

Everything in the shave worked together wonderfully resulting in a very enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups silky smooth face & head shave with no errors to report...

Finishing the shave off with a generous dollop of B & H Sandalwood & Amber ASB paired together with the Pashana ASL creating a powerfully fragranced post shave duo.

My face & precious swede are feeling 215079g923g99vxm.gif smooth and smelling "old school devine".

Enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Last edited:
Date:- 01 February 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Ariana & Evans ~ Frozen Mojito
Razor/Blade:- Schick Eversharp Hydro-Magic / Personna PTFE Coated Injector #11
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (10)
Tipple:- Fantastic cold beer of Guinness for a very warm pisser late afternoon summer shave.

Today's shave:

rdt200201zvj6y.jpg

- Stirling Barbershop
- DSC Barber Pole Tuxedo
- Mamba with WCS handle and ASP blade
- Speick aftershave

:D

Sat 1st Feb.

Cyril Salter /Maggards 2band
P & B Spitfire
Occam- Hiram/No3 plate
Feather Proguard [ 7 ]
P & B Spitfire A/S Splash

Despite my broken leg I have been able to resume standing up Shaves, sitting down shaves are as bad as those done whilst in bed [ had to be done in Military Hospital ]. Just completed 7 consecutive shaves with the Hiram,and am set up for a rare day out, as a friend is taking me out to an Indoor Athletics Meeting.
Have a good Weekend everyone .

IMG_0479.jpg

Last edited:
Saturday 1st February

Maseto 24mm 2BB - TOBS Organic Shaving Cream - Supply V1/Proline B - Florida Water

I bought this razor some time back and just could not get a decent shave so it was relegated to the back of the SE drawer. My requirements have changed somewhat and I have been spending time perfecting my shaves with milder razors.
It took the full 3 passes but today's results were excellent. I will certainly be using this one again!

Last edited:
Saturday

MWF
Yaqi Red Marble Tuxedo 24mm synth.
Face lather
Gillette Fat Handle Tech (early war, 1938-41)
Personna Med Prep (2)
Thayer's Lavender and Aloe Vera
Proraso M&E after shave

Looking through a couple of threads on the Fat and Techs reminded me that I hadn't used either in my collection for a while.

No problems loading the Fat. A damp/moderately wet brush; twenty or so swirls and a minute of face lathering gave me plenty rich, slick lather.

I have three Techs: a 1968 ‘Sportsman'; a British 1948 flat bed and this American early war fellow, with the triangular slots.There may be slight differences in terms of performance but, to be honest, my face can't tell what they are. Each shaves really well and I always get great results. I reckon anyone starting out in vintage land could do a lot worse than hunting down a Tech or two.

928AA952-BF47-4E7B-B97D-19248B19CE04.jpeg

01/02/2020
Pre: Pears Transparent Original
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2
Soap: Signature Soap Leodis
Razor: Colonial General V2 Stainless
Blade: Feather Pro
Post shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, Homemade Witch Hazel
Balm: Barts Balm Grapefruit & Pink Pepper Balm & Lotion
Aftershave: Williams Aqua Velva Musk

Wk6  (1).JPG

Very Nice
Enjoy your day All

2A09BCE3-DF7E-4677-A402-8666F700955C.jpeg07C4767D-0E33-4A45-AE9F-F2D5105E0E75.jpeg

SOTD 02/01/20

Welcome to Mitchell's Wool Fat February. This month I'll be using my favorite shaving soap for every shave. I'll be kicking off with my FrankenFamex which consists of a French Famex Cage baseplate, a Rockwell Gunmetal cap, and an ATT Atlas handle. The Famex is a cage head razor which is adjustable. The tighter one compresses the Cage baseplate by tightening the handle, the milder the shave. For all my shaves, I'll be lightly connecting the handle to the baseplate as I prefer an efficient shaver.

After my shower, I began my shave with a cold water rinse and then scrubbed both face and head with the PAA's Menthol Preshave Cube Soap, a regular part of my shave routine. Soap preparation began by salting the soap with 6 drops of M-Bomb before adding some boiling water to the Wool Fat mentholated concoction. Whipping up the result for about 30 seconds with the Viking Silvertip Badger brush yielded a very thin, bubbly, glistening brush topping which, when transferred to face and dome, blossomed into a nice, warm, thick, yogurty lather. In keeping with the successful R41 shave that ended January, I began my first WTG pass by riding the cap and using short even strokes until the razor began to sing. The Famex is one of my favorite razors because of this vibratory quality. It sang as it very efficiently sheared my whiskers off at the skin line on both face and dome.

After relathering, I confined my second pass to very light XTG buffing which had worked so well on the R41 yesterday , and discovered Madame Famex only wished to sing around my regular rough spots. These are the Adams Apple and jawline on the face and the sides and center of the back of my head. That first very careful, slow pass apparently really cleaned things up. I checked my watch and learned that I'd spent almost eight minutes on that first pass, almost double the time I usually spend. My second pass lasted three minutes and ended with an alum block check revealing no heat. I finished this exemplary, bloodless BBS shave with Thayers Lavender WH and PAA's Mentholated Mysterium Serum. I feel clean, coool, very smoooth, and refreshed.

RAZOR: FrankenFamex
BLADE: Wizamet Super Iridium
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with PAA's Preshave Cube Soap
BRUSH: Viking Silvertip Badger
SOAP: Mitchell's Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by Thayers Lavender WH and finished with PAA's Unscented Mentholated Mysterium Serum

Back
Top Bottom