SOTD : Saturday 19th October - Friday 25h October 2019.

SOTD : 19th October 2019.

a.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Original Source ~ Fresh Water Mint & Guarana Shower Gel.

Pre:

Warm wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Soap.

Brush: Semogue 1305.

Face Lather.

Soap : Haslinger ~ Schafmilch & Lanolin.

Blade: Parker Premium Platinum. (1)

Razor: Parker 55SL Semi-Slant.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade menthol crystals +Eucalyptus peppermint,+ Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./Williams ~ Aqua Velva ASL. (Spanish version)

Cien ~ Aloe Vera Body Lotion.

Greetings,

A new very diverse shave setup to start the weekend.

Maiden shave with the Parker 55SL Semi-Slant Razor.The verdict?.....Long story short,Hats off to Parker Shaving Co, the 55SL is absolutely the smoothest parker DE razor i've shaved with to date.

I know it's only the first shave,but it's the smoothest sublime DE razor shave i've had since i started traditional wet shaving...like all of my parker razors it has a nice heft, slightly top heavy,the long handle has a decent grip without the fear of it slipping when shaving, you get a great audio feedback, which some wet shaver's don't like,personally i do.i'm familiar with having to use a steeper shaving angle for best shaving results. It's on equal par with my Merkur 37C +39C slants razors for efficiency,but with a noticeable milder feel. I will pair it up with variety of blades in future shaves to see how it compares. I instantly felt comfortable and at ease with the 55SL, which is a pleasure to shave with. A great value for money razor,which is a superb addition to my Parker DE razor collection.Enough said.

I've continued using blades, that haven't been added to my blade rotation for a while. The Parker Premium Platinum matched together wonderfully feeling very smooth between each pass.The Parker P.P. arn't the sharpest de blade but are a smooth blade and forgiving that i've found have paired together superbly with each razor i've matched them up, especially my more efficient razors. The longevity of them for me personally is 3-4 shaves max, i could possibly get more,as always YMMV.As i've quite alot of de blades to use up for the next month or so, i use a blade twice, then it's binned and replaced with a fresh one. what i like about the Parker blades is, i can comfortably go over sensitive areas with ease without causing no irritation,which is perfect when i'n using my more efficient DE razors.

The haslinger Schafmilch & Lanolin is a truly incredible shaving soap, My skin type really likes shaving soaps with lanolin added to the ingredients, the post shave feeling from it is absolutely superb.

A very enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups bbs sublime smooth shave with no errors to report.

Finishing to the shave off with a generous dollop of Cien ~ Aloe Vera Body Lotion.

My face is feeling super smooth and smelling devine. ;)

Enjoy the start of the weekend, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
Today's shave:

rdt1910191yk3m.jpg

- Barrister & Mann Clusterfig
- Yaqi "Purple Haze" Synthetic
- Mamba with Feather blade
- Myrsol Formula C

:D

SOTD Saturday 19 October 2019

Pre-shave: Warm shower, Wright's cold tar soap, cold water splash followed by Jack Black Epic Moisture MP10.
Soap: London Oatcake Shaving Soap Co - Gingerbread.
Brush: Shavemac ' The Flat Top'.
Bowl: Giles Shaving Co - Spotty Pedestal.
Razor: Blackland - Dart.
Blade: Astra SP (Green) (1).
Post: D R Harris Bay Rum - Hellenic Aloe - Aloe Vera Gel.
EDP: Captain Fawcett Booze and Backy Eau de Parfum.

19-10-2019.jpg

I have had an interesting week shaving wise; up until now I have never used (as far as I know) any tallow based soaps; this week I have tried 2 (i) London Oatcake 'Ginger' and (ii) Phoenix and Beau Imperial Rum - both were excellent.

The Blackland Dart can be hit and miss for me shave wise; after some experimentation and advice, I have started using a steeper angle (riding the safety bar). I was looking forward to trying the Dart today, with a 'beefier' soap :)

A lovely shave WTG first pass; concentrated hard on maintaining no-pressure - very pleased with the result. The first pass was very efficient; I was tempted to stop there - but decided to go again with a XTG passes on the face with a single XTG pass on the neck. BBS-/DFS+ finish.

Have a good day all; enjoyed the first rugby game - hoping SWMBO relents and lets me watch the second :)

All the best,

Chris

Saturday 19th October 2019 AM

Pre-shave: Hot shower / Nivea Sensitive Face Wash / Proraso White pre-shave cream
Brush: Stirling Soap Company Finest Badger
Soap: P&B Imperial Rum
Razor/Blade: OneBlade Genesis / Feather FHS (2)
Post-shave: Thayers Cucumber / Floid Vigoroso/ Bart's Balm Lime aftershave balm
EdP: P&B Imperial Rum solid cologne

C3BA4FD3-4A7F-4464-B529-E8EAC19EB061.jpeg
To say I'm enjoying the recently acquired Imperial Rum is an understatement.

One of the best and smoothest shaves in a while!

Have a great weekend folks!

19/10/19

Razor: Rex Ambassador #2
Blade: Feather (2)
Brush: FS Chubby
Soap: GFT Eucris
Pre: Proraso White
ASL: Williams AV
ASB: LEA

IMG_20191019_121831.jpg

Eucris smells great and provided plenty of slick lather. This FS Chubby is one of my favourite brushes. It's almost an inconvenience having 23 other brushes to work in to the rotation!!

The Feather has smoothed out considerably and I have a glass like finish.

SOTD : 19th October 2019.

View attachment 48380

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Original Source ~ Fresh Water Mint & Guarana Shower Gel.

Pre:

Warm wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Soap.

Brush: Semogue 1305.

Face Lather.

Soap : Haslinger ~ Schafmilch & Lanolin.

Blade: Parker Premium Platinum. (1)

Razor: Parker 55SL Semi-Slant.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade menthol crystals +Eucalyptus peppermint,+ Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./Williams ~ Aqua Velva ASL. (Spanish version)

Cien ~ Aloe Vera Body Lotion.

Greetings,

A new very diverse shave setup to start the weekend.

Maiden shave with the Parker 55SL Semi-Slant Razor.The verdict?.....Long story short,Hats off to Parker Shaving Co, the 55SL is absolutely the smoothest parker DE razor i've shaved with to date.

I know it's only the first shave,but it's the smoothest sublime DE razor shave i've had since i started traditional wet shaving...like all of my parker razors it has a nice heft, slightly top heavy,the long handle has a decent grip without the fear of it slipping when shaving, you get a great audio feedback, which some wet shaver's don't like,personally i do.i'm familiar with having to use a steeper shaving angle for best shaving results. It's on equal par with my Merkur 37C +39C slants razors for efficiency,but with a noticeable milder feel. I will pair it up with variety of blades in future shaves to see how it compares. I instantly felt comfortable and at ease with the 55SL, which is a pleasure to shave with. A great value for money razor,which is a superb addition to my Parker DE razor collection.Enough said.

I've continued using blades, that haven't been added to my blade rotation for a while. The Parker Premium Platinum matched together wonderfully feeling very smooth between each pass.The Parker P.P. arn't the sharpest de blade but are a smooth blade and forgiving that i've found have paired together superbly with each razor i've matched them up, especially my more efficient razors. The longevity of them for me personally is 3-4 shaves max, i could possibly get more,as always YMMV.As i've quite alot of de blades to use up for the next month or so, i use a blade twice, then it's binned and replaced with a fresh one. what i like about the Parker blades is, i can comfortably go over sensitive areas with ease without causing no irritation,which is perfect when i'n using my more efficient DE razors.

The haslinger Schafmilch & Lanolin is a truly incredible shaving soap, My skin type really likes shaving soaps with lanolin added to the ingredients, the post shave feeling from it is absolutely superb.

A very enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups bbs sublime smooth shave with no errors to report.

Finishing to the shave off with a generous dollop of Cien ~ Aloe Vera Body Lotion.

My face is feeling super smooth and smelling devine. ;)

Enjoy the start of the weekend, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Good to find out your maiden use of the Parker Semi Slant was an enjoyable one. A few seemed to have struggled with the razor, but maybe that was partly down to user error - I'm getting the impression Parker razors seem to require a steeper angle to get the best out of them.

Back
Top Bottom