SOTD : Saturday 18th - Friday 24th May 2019

Away Crewing a race so my on the road shave this Saturday.

Saturday S.jpg

Pre: EJ Menthol
Soap: Sample of Folgefonn
Brush: Yaqi 26mm Timberwolf
Razor: Game Changer 0.84
Blade: First time out with a Ladas thanks @Digimonkey First impression is a nice smooth blade.
Balm: Barts Bergamot and Vanilla
EDT: Copycat SMW

Have a wonderful weekend everyone.

Last edited:

SOTD : 18th May 2019.

17.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ L'OREAL ~ Hydra Power Mountain Water Shower Gel.

Pre:

Cold wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Soap. / Bloom Water.

Brush: AP Shave CO ~ Cashmere Synthetic.

Face Lather.

Soap : Kent Luxury Shaving Soap.

Blade: Personna ~ Gem PTFE coated.(3)

Razor: Gem ~ Open Comb MicroMatic.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade menthol crystals +Eucalyptus peppermint,+ Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./Giorgio Beverly Hills ~ Ocean Dream ASL.

Aloe vera Gel.

Greetings,

For the last month or so i've been having cold water shaves which have been wonderful, my mature rhino skin hasn't felt better for a long time.

Maiden shave with the Gem Micromatic OC which is a 'pre- birthday present' to myself. This vintage lady was shipped to me from the US and arrived on thursday...As with any of my razors new or used i done my cleaning ritual , which is a 10 minute soak (head only) in a cold water & barbicide mixture to remove any nasties , then a light scrubbing with hot water, dettol anti-baterial soap & toothbrush rinsed,a few drops of wahl hair clipper oil to the moving parts then a light rub down with clean dry cloth, ready for service again.

.Ever since i was first acquainted and swooned by the vintage Ever-Ready SE razors i've always been intrigued and had a keen interest to try out a Gem Open Comb MicroMatic after been recommended to add one to my shopping list by @Digimonkey .The verdict?..Absolutely superb like my other vintage SE razors my shaving angle is almost sliding flat against the skin.Out of all the vintage SE razors i've had the pleasure of shaving with the Gem Micromatic OC is the most efficient mowing down my stubble with effortless ease showing no mercy...Like all of my other vintage SE razors the audio feedback is amazing ,sounding like buttering a piece of toast as it mows through my stubble....However as with any razor i shave with regardless if it's aggressive or no-aggressive respect,good technique shaving confidence, & no pressure is essential,especially when shaving with this sturdy assertive vintage lady.

Its been a while since i used the Kent soap, which provided a superb lather for the shave after a 5 minute bloom with warm tap water...The cashmere synthetic brush has the most softest tips in any of my shaving brushes, but still has enough backbone to use with hard soaps or creams, and is equally good for face or bowl lathering, a wonderful brush & soap duo.

A comfortable 3 pass + pick ups bbs smooth maiden shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a generous dollop of Aloe Vera Gel.

My face is feeling super smooth and smelling devine.;)

Enjoy the start of the weekend, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Date:- 18 May 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Muhle Synth. v2.0 Silvertip Fibre Faux Horn 25/60mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Wholly Kaw ~ Monaco Royale
Razor/Blade:- Karve CB 'C' / Vintage NOS Gillette Stainless #10
Post-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10), Lavender (15) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Fragrance:- Jean Paul Gaultier Ultra Male

Today's shave:

rdt190518awjl8.jpg

- Tallow + Steel Himalaya
- Simpson Commodore X3
- Game Changer .68 with Windrose handle and Feather blade
- Tüff aftershave

:D

Sat 18th May

RazoRock Syn. 24mm
P & B Spitfire
Merkur Futur
Lab Blue [ 1 ]
P & B Spitfire A / S Splash

Today I had another keeping my hand in DE Shave. This time used the Futur which was my first DE purchase. when I gave up shaving with Carts. I expect that the weight of it influenced my liking for the heavier SEs when I switched over to them.

Anyway the Shave was nice and smooth, and apart from my inattention causing a weeper the quality of the overall finished Shave was very good. However, I will not be reverting to DE in the near future as I get better Shaves with my SEs /Injectors.

IMG_0497.jpg

Saturday 18th May 2019 AM

Pre-shave:- Hot shower / Nivea Sensitive Face Wash / Proraso White Pre-shave cream / Hot flannel to the face
Brush:- Stirling Soap Company Finest Badger
Soap/Cream:- OSP Orange and Patchouli soap
Razor/Blade:- OneBlade Genesis / Feather FHS (1)
Post-shave:- Thayers Cucumber / OSP Orange and Patchouli aftershave / Bart's Balm Cinnamon and Patchouli aftershave lotion/ Bart's Balm Cinnamon and Patchouli balm

c435940ce804ff6552a8894da11b789f.jpg

Out with Mrs C today so high standards needed!

A fantastic shave, though I'm falling into the trap I didn't want to fall into. Laziness. The razor is making me lazy.

Have a great weekend folks! [emoji1303]

Back
Top Bottom