SOTD : Saturday 18th April to Friday 24th April 2020

SOTD : 18th April 2020.

gummy 1.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower / Nivea Men Power Fresh Shower Gel.

Pre:

Warm wet flannel to my face

Simple ~ Sensitive Pure Soap Bar.

Brush: AP Shave Co ~ 24mm Cashmere Synthetic.

Face Lather.

Frankensoap : Wilkinson Sword Soap Bowl + Pears transparent bar soap.

Blade: Polsilver ~ Super Iridium .(1)

Razor: Ming Shi 2000s (Settings) wtg 2.0, xtg 2.5, atg + pick ups 3.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade peppermint eucalyptus, Tea Tree , lemon essential Oils + menthol crystals Witch Hazel Mixture./ Gummy ~Traditional Turkish Tobacco Cologne.

Baylis & Harding ~ Amber & Sandalwood ASB.

Greetings,

A new shave set up to start the weekend. which will be a Adjustable razor + frankensoap week starting off with the very assertive ming shi 2000s i've said in my past postings out of all my adjustable razors the Ming shi 2000s,is by far the most assertive/aggressive, it has a reputation of a very Love/Hate opinion razor within the wet shaving community...I was passed on mine from a friend, i also have a spare one too, both of them have good blade enlignment, it is however a very aggressive/assertive razor, even on it's lowest setting it's still a very efficient razor you must have instant shaving confidence and be it's master when shaving with this chinese princess It also doesn't allow bad technique, or lack of concentration,and most importantly the lightest of touch and much respect is vital if not, it'll bite you for sure..

maiden shave with the first of the new frankensoap recipes that i've concocted over the past week.

Like the vast majority of people i've had more than my usual time off work, I've now returned to the 'pipe mill' but only for three days a week due to lockdown....Enough said.

Having lots of spare time on my hands i've been giving my den a spring cleaning going through my shaving assortments reviewing what i haven't used for a while i noticed four un-opened wilkinson sword soap bowls, (50 pence each) four bars of Pears transparent bar soap,(£1.70 pence for 4 bars) & 4 bars of Dettol original anti-bacterial bar soap (£2.00 for 4 bars) which i bought from my local asda in the february sales, anyway i've been thinking for a while now to try mixing them together to make some hybrid frankensoaps having the spare time i thought this would the perfect opportunity to give it a try.

(Frankensoap recipe 1.) Using half 65.2g (approx) of the w.s soap bowl half 50g (approx) of the pears transparent bar soap, grated both together then transferring them into a plastic tub, microwaved the soap for 20 seconds on a medium setting,checking it after 10 seconds the result was a sucess, then leaving to cool down and reset in the plastic tub...After leaving the soap a full 24 hours to set completely. The verdict?..Surprisingly good, with both of the soaps containing glycerin the slickness was exceptionally good, the lather stayed thick throughout the shave without dissapating this is probably down to the additional glycerin & formula ingredients within ws soap bowl . The first recipe colour is a near brown transparent with a clean fragrance, leaving a good post shave feel..A good acceptable shaving soap ok, not in the same league as a traditionally made shaving soap but i didn't expect it to be. All in all though i will add it to my soap rotation from time to time.

(Frankensoap recipe 2.) This one is a hybrid concoction of five different grated down soaps. Half 65.2g W.S soap bowl, one half (37g) of grated Palmolive classic shave stick, 40g of Dettol original Anti-Bacterial bar soap grated, 20g Williams shaving mug soap + 40g scottish fine shaving soap. Next i pressed all the grated soaps together into another plastic tub together adding a few drops of warm water to make it more pliable to mash together.

The only difference with this recipe was i didn't use the microwave,as i wasn't sure if some of the soap would melt and have a adverse affect.

I shall give you my verdict when i try it out with my SOTD tomorrow...

"The things we can do when we have far too much time on our hands to waste. "

A comfortably smooth 3 pass +pick ups near bbs shave with no errors to report.

Finishing to the shave off with a generous dollop of ~ Baylis & Harding ~ Amber & Sandalwood ASB.

My face is feeling super smooth and smelling devine.;)

Stay healthy & enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
S.O.T.D 18th April

Razor - Blackland Vector
Blade - Schick Proline
Brush - Maseto Finest
Soap - Eufros Fougēre
Post - Thayers Cucumber
EDP - Tom Ford Grey Vetiver
A belter of a birthday shave !!!

View attachment 53642

Enjoy your weekend and stay safe fellas​
Happy Birthday Pat!!!..Hope you have a wonderful day :)..Take care mate.
Regards. B ;)

Date:- 18 April 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Valobra (4 shaving sticks press into a 250 ml plastic tub)
Razor/Blade:- Gillette Ball End Tech (0.56mm) 1946-50 / Gillette Stainless (red & white) #7
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (10)

S.O.T.D 18th April

Razor - Blackland Vector
Blade - Schick Proline
Brush - Maseto Finest
Soap - Eufros Fougēre
Post - Thayers Cucumber
EDP - Tom Ford Grey Vetiver
A belter of a birthday shave !!!

View attachment 53642

Enjoy your weekend and stay safe fellas​

And a most happy of birthdays to you Pat

18/04/20
Pre: Sainsbury's / 1912 Frankensoap, Bergamot, Nectarine & Citrus Musk
Brush: Alpha Outlaw Titanium G4 Synth
Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat
Razor: Feather SS ACS-NB
Blade: Feather PB (6)
Post shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, EO infused Witch Hazel
Balm: Floïd Balm
Aftershave: Floïd SE Mentolado Vigaroso

WK 17 (1).JPG
Not the best shave i have had with the Non folder, although the result is BBS in 2 passes WTG and a XTG / ATG Mixed pass , the downer was i caught myself twice, 1st one just under the septum by going in too quickly with a steep angle, 2nd one on my chin going across the grain and not stretching my chin enough. Both sorted by the Alum stone and cold water splash.
I finished the shave with a nice post shave routine and i am positively Vigaroso'd.
Stay safe, don't rush your shave and enjoy your day All.
Happy Birthday @patw have a good one

Today's shave:

rdt200418kyj13.jpg

- Barrister & Mann Ravish
- Zenith 507N Synt Dark
- Edwin Jagger 3ONE6 with Feather blade
- Myrsol Plastic Shave aftershave

:D

18/04/20

Razor: ER 1912
Blade: GEM (1)
Brush: Yaqi Purple Haze Mew Brown 24mm
Soap: RR SMdF
Pre: Proraso Red
ASL: RR SMdF
ASB: None

IMG_20200417_160721.jpg

I thought I'd give the ER 1912 another go. Whilst I'm stuck in the house with my simpleton haircut, I may as well use my face as a test bed for this razor again. I've successfully used AC formats and the Supply SE since last using this so thought I'd see if my technique can manage the GEM format.

Well, that was better than expected. An acceptable finish with only a little bit of feedback from the ASL. Given the blade has yet to smooth out and I still have to hone my technique for this razor, the shaves can only get better as well.

Unfortunately, whilst I like the smell of the RR SMdF, my daughter has just declared me 'yucky'. So, a good shave and smelling yucky for the day!

Back
Top Bottom