SOTD : Saturday 17th - Friday 23rd November 2018.

SOTD : 17th November 2018.

40.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Hot shower:/ L'OREAL~ Hydra Sensitive Birch Sap Shower Gel.

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Soap. / Bloom Water.

Brush: Omega 10077.

Face Lather.

Soap : Kent.

Blade: Gillette 365 Stainless .(1)

Razor: Pearl SBF 11.

Cold Water Face Rinse./ Homemade Lavender + Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Floid Mentolado Vigoroso ASL.

Aloe Vera Gel.

Greetings,

A new shave set up to start the weekend...Recently i've been using items in my shaving set ups, that in the past i've shamefully not giving any attention to, purely because i've forgot i had them, but since i had the ruthless den cleanout, the hard & software that i'm left with is now starting to feature more regularly in my shave set ups.

After a 5 minute bloom in warm water the Kent soap provided me with a excellent slick protective lather for the shave, and like it's sibling MWF, a absolutetly superb post shave feeling to my face.

The indian razor/blade duo worked together wonderfully, very smooth, non-aggressive but, at the same time mowing through my stubble with ease. All in all everything worked with the shave set up, resulting in a 3 pass +pick ups near BBS shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a generous dollop of aloe vera gel.

My face is feeling smooth, & smelling devine.
clear.png
;)

Enjoy the start of the weekend, ladies & gentlemen.
clear.png
:cool:

Today's shave:

rdt181117.jpg

- Sapone Di Paolo Terroso
- Maggard "Green Haze" 2-Band Bulb
- Game Changer .84 with Tibam handle and Feather blade
- Wilkinson Classic aftershave

:)

This is the Bulb version of the brush, which I like better than the Fan version. It has a bit more backbone (but still no real scrub) and feels less big in the face, making it easier to maneuver. Softness is so-so, neither scritchy nor cloudlike, overall not uncomfortable. If you're in doubt about the two versions, buy this one. The green handle looks a bit like a very murky aquarium, though.

Saturday 17th November

Pears Glycerine Soap
Vitos Preshave Cream
Supermax Classic Cream
Yaqi 24mm Cashmere Synthetic Brush
Turkish Copper Bowl
PAL Injecto-Matic with a Proline-B Blade
Alum and Rinse
Witch Hazel
Nivea 2 Phase AS
Murray & Lanman Florida Water

I hadn't used the PAL for a very long time. It was a lovely shave ....... very smooth and efficient.
3 passes for a BBS finish:)

Last edited:
17 November

Tabula Rasa Steampunk
Yaqi Sagrada Familia synthetic
Feather AS-D1
Feather Hi-stainless
Clinique post-shave soother

0E5F7711-63D6-409F-9CC0-380787F1E36D.jpeg
Wonderful shave this morning, every part combined to create an effective, effortless whole. I love the scent of the Steampunk soap and I also have a soft spot for the Feather AS-D1 which was my first and (almost) only expensive stainless steel razor.

Prep: Warm shower with L'Oreal facewash
Pre: Proraso White preshave
Soap/Cream: Proraso White tub
Brush: Omega Pure Bristle 10019
Razor: QShave Futur clone (setting 3)
Blade: Ladas Super Stainless (3)
AS: Nivea Two Phase
EDT: Avon Mesmerise Black

Nice, uneventful shave this afternoon. Really pleased with the lather from the cheapish Omega brush and Proraso White. The brush loads very easily and is now nicely broken in, feeling good on the face. Also very impressed with the Two Phase lotion which leaves my face nice and smooth.

Enjoy the rest of your weekends.

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom